The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I already had low expectations for the upcoming Star Trek series.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-trek-discovery-trump-political-divide/

I give it less than a season before viewership tanks. The second season will be branded as finding their niche. Third season will come from brand recognition. Then it will Trump's fault they cancelled Star Trek

I've always been a Trek nerd, but I suspect that I'm going to like The Orville more than I'll like Discovery.

I'm hesitant about it, as science fiction and satire is a tough combination to pull off in serial form. But I'll give it an honest try...

I am too especially with Seth McFarland who's had mixed results when he ventures outside Family Guy.

I'm hesitant about it, as science fiction and satire is a tough combination to pull off in serial form. But I'll give it an honest try...

I am too especially with Seth McFarland who's had mixed results when he ventures outside Family Guy.

I'm with you both there. It isn't great that the early reviews haven't been too kind. But I'm holding out hope.

I'm with you both there. It isn't great that the early reviews haven't been too kind. But I'm holding out hope.

I'm way more optimistic about it than I am about Discovery. As far as I know, none of the old Trek people are involved at all, and everyone seems to want to put their own spin on the Trek universe and canon. I find it amusing that after referring to the previous shows as TOS, TNG, DS9, STV, and STE that Discovery will be STD.

I'm way more optimistic about it than I am about Discovery. As far as I know, none of the old Trek people are involved at all, and everyone seems to want to put their own spin on the Trek universe and canon. I find it amusing that after referring to the previous shows as TOS, TNG, DS9, STV, and STE that Discovery will be STD.

So this one centers around Kirk again? :huh:

:lol::lol:

So this one centers around Kirk again? :huh:

:lol::beer:

You knew that my roguish good looks and quick wit are the natural evolutionary response to someone having three older brothers whose favorite past time growing up was kicking the crap out of their annoying little brother?

Why thank you.

:beer:

No, I think it was your obvious, desperate craving for approval.

You knew that my roguish good looks and quick wit are the natural evolutionary response to someone having three older brothers whose favorite past time growing up was kicking the crap out of their annoying little brother?

Why thank you.

:beer:

Ha! Just figured you knew some of this stuff picking it up from your brothers

Forget something? AP leaves MAJOR detail out of DACA news alert

Breaking DACA news from the AP:

"protects young immigrants."

excuse-me_new.jpg

There's a word missing here.

AP stopped using "illegal immigrants" years ago, because "people aren't illegal."

Which is true, but mendacious as !@#$.

CBS used color adjustments to make Steve Bannon look bad. :o

“It seems like 60 minutes would like you to listen less and look more at Steve Bannon. By subtly tweaking the color of the video, they make him look like a bleary-eyed drunk. I show you how they did it,” writes Duke on the video’s YouTube page.

Edited by Nanker

CBS used color adjustments to make Steve Bannon look bad. :o

“It seems like 60 minutes would like you to listen less and look more at Steve Bannon. By subtly tweaking the color of the video, they make him look like a bleary-eyed drunk. I show you how they did it,” writes Duke on the video’s YouTube page.

Yup. No love for the guy at all on my end, but the color alterations last night were pretty obvious. Not sure it was necessary considering what most of the country already thinks of him.

Well Trump derangement syndrome could possibly tear the nation apart which even 9/11 couldn't do.

9/11 brought this country together after a brutal 2000 election. Bush Jr.'s approval rating jumped up to 90%. Trump derangement syndrome only impacts a small amount of people, but their voices are amplified by the media.

9/11 brought this country together after a brutal 2000 election. Bush Jr.'s approval rating jumped up to 90%. Trump derangement syndrome only impacts a small amount of people, but their voices are amplified by the media.

It was a tongue in cheek post, attempting to suggest that the original tweet could be correct if the appropriate assinine interpretation was used.

When leftists run out of normal ways to promote their name....

DJeILoMXoAEnn7y.jpg

Charlie used to be quite the right winger. He was instrumental in outing Dan Rather's obscene forgery against W.

Then he got his nose bent after going down a wormhole and became a virulent leftist. littlegreenfootballs sorta like the conversion Arianna had.

It was a tongue in cheek post, attempting to suggest that the original tweet could be correct if the appropriate assinine interpretation was used.

The dude who wrote it spent a pretty fare amount of time explaining why his comment was accurate. It started with "I don't mean to offend the countless people who died or who lost a family member on that horrific day, but..."

And then it went off the tracks from there.

Not to worry, leftists. I'm sure you'll all get it right when Hillary runs again in 2020. :lol:

The dude who wrote it spent a pretty fare amount of time explaining why his comment was accurate. It started with "I don't mean to offend the countless people who died or who lost a family member on that horrific day, but..."

And then it went off the tracks from there.

Not to worry, leftists. I'm sure you'll all get it right when Hillary runs again in 2020. :lol:

"Fair."