The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Poll: Trump Accomplishing Little in Final Year as President

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-trump-accomplishing-little-in-final-year-as-president

That's just a touch of bias showing in that headline - one repeated in the body of the "article" too. :lol:

Yeah...who'd expect bias in a satire piece in the New Yorker?

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Poll: Trump Accomplishing Little in Final Year as President

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-trump-accomplishing-little-in-final-year-as-president

That's just a touch of bias showing in that headline - one repeated in the body of the "article" too. :lol:

Satire? My God, can't Putin hire competent internet trolls? 

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: Right? I got it sent to me by an actor friend who sees it as evidence that "everyone knows" Trump is about to not just be impeached, but imprisoned... as if it was predictive programming. 

Image result for unbelievable laugh gif

But can he explain turbulence?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, its really not. The media, you see, is a vast conspiracy of leftists. They are out to get Trump, who really is no where near as stupid, bigoted, incompetent and dishonest as the media tries o make him look. Hillary is a mass murderer, though and the media never reports on her drinking blood

A SWEEP on Election Day in New Jersey and Virginia, and Carter Page revealing more damning evidence. You can blame the media all you want to, but America is turning back the tide of fascism, greed, Goebbels-like propaganda and above all a conspiracy with foreign powers that makes Watergate look like jaywalking.

I love seeing you people blame everyone else when the facts say otherwise. Now we see why men like Mussolini and Hitler took power. NOT HERE. NOPE. NOT HERE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

A SWEEP on Election Day in New Jersey and Virginia, and Carter Page revealing more damning evidence. You can blame the media all you want to, but America is turning back the tide of fascism, greed, Goebbels-like propaganda and above all a conspiracy with foreign powers that makes Watergate look like jaywalking.

I love seeing you people blame everyone else when the facts say otherwise. Now we see why men like Mussolini and Hitler took power. NOT HERE. NOPE. NOT HERE.

I don't know what's more amusing about this post... that it's directed towards Gator, or that Gator's response was to "thank" it/like it. :lol: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know what's more amusing about this post... that it's directed towards Gator, or that Gator's response was to "thank" it/like it. :lol: 

Stop the presses! Two blue states stay blue.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Stop the presses! Two blue states stay blue.

In statewide races, that’s true. But a closer look at results in the VA House of Delegates where Dems upset long entrenched Republicans, for example,  is cause for concern among party strategists. 

Roy Moore, WaPo, and the problem with an untrustworthy press

By J.D. Rucker

When the story broke an hour ago that Roy Moore was being accused by multiple women of inappropriate sexual behavior when they were underage teens, I thought, “uh oh.” Then, I saw the source: Washington Post. A short wave of relief came over me before the real dread of our current situation took hold.

I don’t trust the Washington Post. They are among the worst journalistic predators in the country in that they claim to be the beacon of truth while constantly spinning facts to match their liberally approved narratives. They adamantly protest accusations of being biased while demonstrating pure and unadulterated bias with every political story they post. What’s worse is that they have, for several years now, allowed their “news” stories to be editorialized. They are a propaganda machine. They should not be trusted.

That’s the problem. I have no idea whether or not Roy Moore did what they claim. It’s conspicuous that the story broke shortly after the paper endorsed his opponent. That SHOULD shine a light of skepticism on the story altogether, but it won’t. Most Americans, even the ones who acknowledge there’s plenty of fake news out there, willfully stick their heads in the sand when it comes to the “respected” publications of old like WaPo, USA Today, and the New York Times.

I’m not against editorializing. I’m doing it right now. What concerns me is the intellectual dishonesty and blatant manipulation these news outlets embrace. They are not unbiased. I’m biased and readily admit it. Most if not all writers on this publications are equally biased and in no way attempt to hide that fact from our readers. WaPo does. Their facade of journalistic integrity means that stories like the Roy Moore blockbuster will do major damage whether it’s true or not. In general, Americans do not put on the glasses of skepticism when WaPo publishes something.

The left won’t believe RedState or Daily Caller. The right won’t believe Slate or Salon. Both are workable dynamics because there’s no illusion attempted by these publications. They’re biased and proud of it. WaPo perpetuates an illusion if journalistic integrity. By doing so, they have far too much power in wielding the “truth” even if it’s spun in the direction they want.

These reports are so old that there’s very little chance they can be proven. Unfortunately, there’s also very little chance they can be properly refuted. That’s the power of the “unbiased” mainstream media. They can cast shadows of doubt in any direction they choose based upon their bias. They can choose to print allegations about Moore. They can choose to ignore allegations about Barack Obama. When a major media outlet is biased while claiming otherwise, we’re left with deciding which truth to believe.

More at the Link: http://datechguyblog.com/2017/11/09/roy-moore-wapo-and-the-problem-with-an-untrustworthy-press/

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

THEY TOLD ME IF I VOTED FOR TRUMP, RACISM WOULD RUN RAMPANT THROUGHOUT THE LAND, AND THEY WERE RIGHT!

Actual New York Times headline: “Can My Children Be Friends With White People?”

Imagine the reaction to that headline were it written by a white author questioning whether her children can be friends with black people

LOL...............:lol:

From Don Surber;

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/11/trump-triumphs-media-changes-subjects.html

President Trump returned from one of the longest and most successful overseas trips by a president since President Reagan returned from Reykjavik without giving Gorbachev a treaty in 1986.

So what dominated the Sunday morning talk shows on "national news" outlets?

Judge Roy Moore.

On ABC news they went on the first 20 minutes about him....then this:

'CONWAY: Well, the one thing I will say is that the president also is not as focused on this as he is his major 13-day trip abroad. And so he made a statement. He's sticking by that statement. But he's not being briefed on this bit by bit because he is very focused new trade agreements. He is very focused on global cooperation against a nuclearized North Korea. He is very focused on combating terrorism.

RADDATZ: And we'll get to that.

And we'll get to that.

President Trump just averted nuclear war with North Korea -- which oddly didn't fire so much as a cap pistol while he was in the region.

President Trump just oversaw China agree to a quarter-trillion in investments in the United States.

President Trump just helped South Korea warm up a little more to Japan.

President Trump just landed (at that time) in the Philippines -- a place where Barack Obama was persona non grata last year.

And all Raddatz could say was "and we'll get to that."

She never did.

Instead Disney's ABC went on and on about an unsubstantiated allegation about a senatorial candidate in Alabama.

When Raddatz finally talked about the trip it was not about North Korean nukes, or China's investment, or Japanese-Korean relations, or even about the Philippines.

Instead Raddatz --who almost burst into tears on live TV when she realized Hillary lost -- dragged out the long discredited Democratic talking point about Putin rigging the election.

Raddatz did that because all we have had is Democratic Talking Points since Reagan left Washington.

Democrats get away with it because the people these channels hire are not very bright.

Edited by B-Man

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

President Trump returned from one of the longest and most successful overseas trips by a president since President Reagan returned from Reykjavik without giving Gorbachev a treaty in 1986. 

:huh:

Pass the friggin cool aid dude 

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

:huh:

Pass the friggin cool aid dude 

I see that you believe that allegations of misconduct that are 40 years old are more important than the issue of North Korea nukes, trade and the economy. You are a partisan buffoon, and a pissant to boot.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:50 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Holy !@#$. You're a retard. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I see that you believe that allegations of misconduct that are 40 years old are more important than the issue of North Korea nukes, trade and the economy. You are a partisan buffoon, and a pissant to boot.

Judge Moore on HK, trade and the economy? :lol:

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

What is HK? It is obvious that you either didn't read what B-Man posted or you didn't understand it. I vote for both.

NK. 

And, no, I did not and do not usually read what paid poster B-Man vomits out for the right wingers to lick up. 

Interesting you defending the wackjob Moore, all while accusing someone else of being partisan. Nice! 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What is HK? It is obvious that you either didn't read what B-Man posted or you didn't understand it. I vote for both.

You needn't bother with our resident simpleton, 3rdnlng...................I never do.

As to your question with HK ?

I have it narrowed down to 5 .

Hong Kong

Heckler and Koch

Hell's Kitchen

Hurricane Katrina

But since it is gator......I think the answer is logo_hello_kitty.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

NK. 

And, no, I did not and do not usually read what paid poster B-Man vomits out for the right wingers to lick up. 

Interesting you defending the wackjob Moore, all while accusing someone else of being partisan. Nice! 

Show me one instance where I supported Moore, you tiny little pos.  It's par for the course for you to make comments and judgements about something you freely admit you didn't read. That's why everyone here with the exception of the truly deranged think of you as an asswipe.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Show me one instance where I supported Moore, you tiny little pos.  It's par for the course for you to make comments and judgements about something you freely admit you didn't read. That's why everyone here with the exception of the truly deranged think of you as an asswipe.

Who else was the 40 years ago allegation about? Dishonest much? 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You needn't bother with our resident simpleton, 3rdnlng...................I never do.

As to your question with HK ?

I have it narrowed down to 5 .

Hong Kong

Heckler and Koch

Hell's Kitchen

Hurricane Katrina

But since it is gator......I think the answer is logo_hello_kitty.jpg

Please, you are so stupid you can't even express your own opinions. You have to post garbage from far right wing nuts. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Who else was the 40 years ago allegation about? Dishonest much? 

Please, you are so stupid you can't even express your own opinions. You have to post garbage from far right wing nuts. 

You ignorant schit, you. Maybe you'd understand if you read the article but the point was that the media was focusing on trying to keep all of the attention on Moore, while not wanting to talk about much bigger and more important things. I understand that it is difficult for your simple partisan mind to differentiate between that and me supporting Moore but it's not my fault that you are this dumb.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Still at it, eh? Roy Moore needs more supporters like you. Go move to Alabama and be with your own kind.

I can make so many jokes about inbreeding and stuff like that with what you said... But I feel like it would be personally offensive towards you... Because that's the only rational thing I can come up with and why you're so God damn stupid

President Trump just averted nuclear war with North Korea -- which oddly didn't fire so much as a cap pistol while he was in the region

Making it sound like Trump was like Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis or something. Can someone please tell me when Trump got NK to give up their nuclear program? Talk about the "media's" portrayal of Trump. 

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Making it sound like Trump was like Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis or something. Can someone please tell me when Trump got NK to give up their nuclear program? Talk about the "media's" portrayal of Trump. 

Except, that the Don Surber piece that I linked to was an opinion piece from his blog, and the majority of the articles that are in the thread are from the (so called) mainstream media.

Demonstrating their bias continuously :thumbsup:

ADDED: I was wondering how long it was going to take gator to bring up the most important story for the Left on twitter this weekend,

he's a day late..........:lol:

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Except, that the Don Surber piece that I linked to was an opinion piece from his blog, and the majority of the articles that are in the thread are from the (so called) mainstream media.

Demonstrating their bias continuously :thumbsup:

ADDED: I was wondering how long it was going to take gator to bring up the most important story for the Left on twitter this weekend,

he's a day late..........:lol:

I sincerely appreciate the recognition of an "opinion" piece and both left and right wing nuts are too quick to treat them like news. Regardless, opinion pieces are part of the media product and we need to be able to recognize them for what they are. I found Surber's rhetoric way too hyperbolic in order to make a point about what the "mainstream" media had missed regarding Trump's Asia junket. Saying he "averted" a nuclear war with NK is ridiculous, imo, but I understand he is catering to a certain audience. 

Edited by K-9

HEH: Democrats: It’s No Fair When Republicans Sink as Low as Us!

As Roy Moore's troubles were just getting underway, leftist CNN commentator Van Jones made what has to be one of the least self-aware and yet most revealing comments of the Trumpian Age. Targeting Steve Bannon, who had promoted Moore, Van Jones said, "Bannon is trying to create this sense of an aggrieved identity, frankly, of a white aggrieved identity group that’s under siege by everybody. And this is that in its worse form. So, you’re not supposed to vote as a father, you’re not supposed to vote as a woman. You’re supposed to vote as a member of this identity group against the world. And if that works, that is very, very bad for the Republican Party and it’s very, very bad for our country."

This comes from the man — from the political party — from the philosophy — that has sold absolutely nothing but aggrieved identities for the last sixty years, ever since it became clear that actual leftist policies don't work. Blacks, women, people who think they're women, people who pretend to be black — whatever category you find yourself in, the left has preached that you should ignore the disaster of leftism and focus only on your sweet victimhood, voting your grievances even when it's against your best interests.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is exactly why people rush to defend Roy Moore.  When you have a media willing to make ties between Charles Manson and the Republican President, you invite the rejection of other criticisms as meritless.

HA HA, is this why they support that nut? "The Media" made them do it. If this headline did not exist it would because Hillary or something. You guys are awesome 

Edited by Tiberius
edit