The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

What do you know someone blamed something on Obama again. The list contains things most people could never accomplish and it's laughable how you point to that one thing. List Trump's accomplishments for me, besides running a company that he wouldn't even have if his dad didn't leave him millions.

I don't think so. The Dems need someone to step up or they may be stuck with her again for the nomination. It will be like the twilight zone if it is Trump vs Hillary again in 2020.

i would think trump is nearly unelectable by now, but i thought so prior to the election because i'd forget it is hillary.

i just don't know a democrat that is poised to be there and ready to beat him. corey booker, kamala harris, bernie, etc...

and andrew coumo would likely get his ass handed to him as he would be instantly identified a coastal. schumer, too.

No way

The great orator Andrew Cuomo will run. I'm here in WNY and he is for real.

on a national stage, no one is ready to listen to him.

they shouldn't. he's done nothing worthwhile except drive a wedge between new york and the rest of the country.

his travel bans would be a bigger mockery than trumps.

i would think trump is nearly unelectable by now, but i thought so prior to the election because i'd forget it is hillary.

i just don't know a democrat that is poised to be there and ready to beat him. corey booker, kamala harris, bernie, etc...

and andrew coumo would likely get his ass handed to him as he would be instantly identified a coastal. schumer, too.

My girl Liz Warren would tomahawk Don Cheeto.

My girl Liz Warren would tomahawk Don Cheeto.

not at all.

she's said way too much.

they need someone with a smaller body of work that cannot be torn apart - something cuomo could almost do.

trump would rip in to her and has already begun to. he has done very good jobs of attacking potential opposition canidadtes.

cuomo he has not attacked as much - likely due to the history between the two? i have no idea.

liz warren would get ripped apart by everyone and is more unlikable than hillary.

edit, she's been used as a lightning rod for the left for years - the atlantic coasts nancy pelosi.

Edited by Boyst62

What do you know someone blamed something on Obama again. The list contains things most people could never accomplish and it's laughable how you point to that one thing. List Trump's accomplishments for me, besides running a company that he wouldn't even have if his dad didn't leave him millions.

Then you should have left that one thing off the list if you didn't want it addressed.

ANN ALTHOUSE VS. THE WASHINGTON POST:

Overwrought, jingoistic, self-righteousness, war-glorifying… really? Why does it make some people feel that’s what it says when that’s absolutely not in the words? Where does that extra-textualism come from?”

From the lefties’ need to feel that way, of course.

Just like they need to feel that Donald Trump hates gays, when he’s objectively the most pro-gay president we’ve ever elected.

Then you should have left that one thing off the list if you didn't want it addressed.

It's service to the community, some people think it is important. Clearly you do so much for your local people that it is no big deal. I will take it that since you didn't answer my question you think Obama has a better resume than Trump.

on a national stage, no one is ready to listen to him.

they shouldn't. he's done nothing worthwhile except drive a wedge between new york and the rest of the country.

his travel bans would be a bigger mockery than trumps.

Keep an eye out for Congressman Joe Kennedy III in Massachusetts 4th district. Grandson of Robert Kennedy. He looks and talks like his grandfather. He'll only be 40 by the 2020 election, but Macron just won in France and he is only 39. He doesn't have much experience in government, but that's becoming less and less important. I could see him coming out of nowhere like Obama did.

Keep an eye out for Congressman Joe Kennedy III in Massachusetts 4th district. Grandson of Robert Kennedy. He looks and talks like his grandfather. He'll only be 40 by the 2020 election, but Macron just won in France and he is only 39. He doesn't have much experience in government, but that's becoming less and less important. I could see him coming out of nowhere like Obama did.

Is he a drunk like Teddy?

i don't know if a kennedy will ever be ready to rise to the top of the ranks.

they are old money, they are what the democrats want to fight.

It's service to the community, some people think it is important. Clearly you do so much for your local people that it is no big deal. I will take it that since you didn't answer my question you think Obama has a better resume than Trump.

Not sure why you're making the jump to what I do or don't do in my community. I'll let you speculate all you want. Obama may have a better political resume than Trump, I'm fine with that. That's the problem with career politicians and and major reason why Trump is in the Whitehouse. People wanted something different.

So to look at Obama and say he won because he's black eviscerates how good of a politician he was in the name of race.

What eviscerates how good of a politician he was...or at least could have been...was how many people, including the Obamas, used race as the primary foil to their critics. He never had a good message beyond "hope and change." Even the Clintons knew this, and quietly complained about it. That he had a nice smile and could read well absolutely helped him. But if he were just another white member of the Choom Gang, he never makes it to Harvard, let alone editor of the Harvard Law Review.

In fact, I'm one of those people who believes the confusion about Barack Obama's birthplace didn't stem from the fact that he wasn't born in the US, but rather that on college apps, etc., he would falsely list his home as Kenya to gain special consideration for admittance, much like Liz Warren touted being 1/32nd Cherokee and then is listed on university marketing materials as representing the Native America people.