The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

This is hilarious. There is much more disagreement here between so called conservatives than the progressives. While we battle all the time you guys can't even bring yourself to disavow fruitcakes like Tiberius and Baskin. When you march you don't go left, right, left, right, left right. You go left, left, left, left, left, left. With that said, there are a couple of lefty posters here who can actually have a discussion and let their brain actually do some thinking rather than just espouse the lefty talking points of the day.

Lucky sperm club. You lefties are so funny. Your party is circling the drain because you can't admit how much Barry and Hillary screwed things up, but we're the partisans. :lol:

GWB doesn't become president if he's born George W. McGillicutty of the Macungie, PA McGillicutty clan, who have two 7-11 franchises in the family. And Barack Obama does not become president if he's white. He never gets past Hillary because it would have become white man vs. "You should vote for Hillary because she's a woman."

Instead, it became "Vote Barack or you're a racist" vs. the wife of a sexual predator who Barack condescendingly referred to as "likeable enough." A white man says Hillary is 'likeable enough' and the feminists are dropping used maxi-pads from airplanes over every GOP man on earth.

The sooner your party recognizes the damage Barry and Hillary did the Dems and minorities in this country, the sooner you can find a way to beat a completely beatable nutjob like Trump.

I'm not a lefty. Keep swinging at air you blowhard.

What eviscerates how good of a politician he was...or at least could have been...was how many people, including the Obamas, used race as the primary foil to their critics. He never had a good message beyond "hope and change." Even the Clintons knew this, and quietly complained about it. That he had a nice smile and could read well absolutely helped him. But if he were just another white member of the Choom Gang, he never makes it to Harvard, let alone editor of the Harvard Law Review.

In fact, I'm one of those people who believes the confusion about Barack Obama's birthplace didn't stem from the fact that he wasn't born in the US, but rather that on college apps, etc., he would falsely list his home as Kenya to gain special consideration for admittance, much like Liz Warren touted being 1/32nd Cherokee and then is listed on university marketing materials as representing the Native America people.

Yes. Of course Obama would of never won the nomination if he was white. George Bush would of never won if his father wasn't president. Trump would of never won if the banks didn't bail him out in the early 90's. That doesn't mean they didn't run good presidential campaigns with campaign messages that resonated and inspired people. It's how they won. I agree that he didn't have a good message beyond 'hope and change' if you were a Republican. However, I clearly remember him saying he would withdraw troops from Iraq, create a national health care system, expand medicaid, make sure all children were insured, close Guantanamo Bay (fail), end major combat missions in Iraq by the end of 2010 (fail), end Bush tax cuts to the wealthy but not the poor, more regulation of wall street, etc... It's sad that I have a better memory of Obama's '08 platform than Hillary's '16 platform. Mostly because she was too busy attacking Trump and having Madeline Albright say there's a special place in hell for women who don't vote for Hillary. There's a winning message right there Hillary. Obama was at least smart enough to never specifically say people should vote for him because he's black (although he subtly inferred it on several occasions) Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did lie on his college application. I don't know if there's any evidence of that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I wasn't too concerned about Democrats not returning to power after the '16 election because It's worth remembering historically since Eisenhower no 8 year presidency (Eisenhower, JFK/Johnson, Nixon/Ford, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama) made any party overall gains in the Senate, House, governor, state senates, and state houses at the end of their presidency. However, with the Russia obsession by the media ad nauseum, pointless juvenile protests, overreacting to every stupid thing Trump does, and an inability to examine what's wrong with your own party and adjust accordingly, I am concerned.

Edited by Doc Brown

Yes. Of course Obama would of never won the nomination if he was white. George Bush would of never won if his father wasn't president. Trump would of never won if the banks didn't bail him out in the early 90's. That doesn't mean they didn't run good presidential campaigns with campaign messages that resonated and inspired people. It's how they won. I agree that he didn't have a good message beyond 'hope and change' if you were a Republican. However, I clearly remember him saying he would withdraw troops from Iraq, create a national health care system, expand medicaid, make sure all children were insured, close Guantanamo Bay (fail), end major combat missions in Iraq by the end of 2010 (fail), end Bush tax cuts to the wealthy but not the poor, more regulation of wall street, etc... It's sad that I have a better memory of Obama's '08 platform than Hillary's '16 platform. Mostly because she was too busy attacking Trump and having Madeline Albright say there's a special place in hell for women who don't vote for Hillary. There's a winning message right there Hillary. Obama was at least smart enough to never specifically say people should vote for him because he's black (although he subtly inferred it on several occasions) Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did lie on his college application. I don't know if there's any evidence of that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I wasn't too concerned about Democrats not returning to power after the '16 election because It's worth remembering historically since Eisenhower no 8 year presidency (Eisenhower, JFK/Johnson, Nixon/Ford, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama) made any party overall gains in the Senate, House, governor, state senates, and state houses at the end of their presidency. However, with the Russia obsession by the media ad nauseum, pointless juvenile protests, overreacting to every stupid thing Trump does, and an inability to examine what's wrong with your own party and adjust accordingly, I am concerned.

You know, I couldn't even begin to tell you if I lied on my college application or not. I may have hedged. I may even have prevaricated. I'm just not sure.

I am pretty damn sure it has absolutely no bearing on anything in my life right now, including any hypothetical future presidential run.

Wow you're batschitt. Does GWJr. become president if he wasn't born a member of the lucky sperm club? Do you ever wonder why all of your well thought-out opinions end up in the exact place you were hoping they would when you started thinking about them? It's no coincidence, you're a partisan.

he's right about obama.

bush, i am not sure if he became a president because he was a bush. everyone nationally did not like bush at all, remember and his re-election was terribly unfavorable. he got where he was before president by being a bush, but not like obama who literally had run the biggest smear campaigns in the history of the americas to get where he was and than rode on the laurels of race baiting to make the final sail.

obama was and always will be an adjunct failure on american politics and his policies will soon enough be erased because they were so poorly created. the aca will be remembered like the new deal - a crock of **** we got mis-information about in school, the non existent paris accords, the handling of foreign affairs and murdering of civilians like crazy, russia gaining uber power, cash for clunkers, mexican gun running, and most of all obama led us to trump.

This is how Trump supporters see the media covering his presidency

Too funny

National Public Radio tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on Tuesday to mark the July Fourth holiday, but not everyone understood what it was doing.

Some supporters of President Donald Trump didnt recognize one of the nations founding documents and accused the broadcaster of inciting violence and even revolution.

Many of those comments have since been deleted and at least one user deleted an entire Twitter account.

But the tweets live on, some still posted online while others have been preserved in screen captures.

Here are some of those tweets and the reactions to them:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/npr-declaration-of-independence_us_595c6525e4b0da2c7325bd50?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

THUG JOURNALISM: CNN Threatens To Reveal Identity Of Reddit Man Who Made Trump-CNN Bodyslam Meme If He Disobeys Them.

“CNN has accomplished the Houdini-esque feat of turning itself into the villain after President Trump tweeted a gif of himself body-slamming the CNN logo and punching it. This should demonstrate once again that Trump isn’t ruining CNN – CNN is so obsessed with Trump that it’s busily ruining whatever is left of its credibility,” Ben Shapiro writes.

Plus: https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/05/politics/cnnblackmail-network-threatens-to-identify-han!@#$solo

JWF-600x319.png

This is how Trump supporters see the media covering his presidency

Too funny

National Public Radio tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on Tuesday to mark the July Fourth holiday, but not everyone understood what it was doing.

Some supporters of President Donald Trump didnt recognize one of the nations founding documents and accused the broadcaster of inciting violence and even revolution.

Many of those comments have since been deleted and at least one user deleted an entire Twitter account.

But the tweets live on, some still posted online while others have been preserved in screen captures.

Here are some of those tweets and the reactions to them:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/npr-declaration-of-independence_us_595c6525e4b0da2c7325bd50?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Unbelievable.

And alarming.

We need to be focusing on Commone Core and more STEM education to fix it.

JON GABRIEL: Trump Has Driven CNN Stark, Raving Mad.

While the rest of America was celebrating Independence Day, CNN kept digging its own grave.

Furious over a silly video President Donald Trump posted Sunday, the flailing network sicced Senior Editor Andrew Kaczynski on its creator. He tracked down an anonymous Reddit user who first posted the GIF of Trump tackling a wrestler whose head was replaced with a CNN logo. Kaczynski then found out the person’s real name and threatened to release it if he misbehaved again. . . .

That’s right: a Senior Editor for CNN is blackmailing an American citizen for daring to criticize them.

Kaczynski’s insanity was just the latest in CNN’s string of horrible decisions related to Trump.

All the news media would have to do to have a shot at beating Trump would be to act in a measured, professional fashion. Trump has revealed that they’re incapable of that; it seems as if that option has never even occurred to them.

Ann Althouse:

Shocking CNN threat aimed at a private citizen.

This is Andrew Kaczynski at CNN, who doesn't seem to have any idea how bad this is:
CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change....

So the human being behind the ridiculous pseudonym HanA**holeSolo should cringe for the rest of his life and never publish anything that CNN could possibly deem "bigoted" or "racist" it would trigger CNN's delusional duty to destroy him.

Absolutely despicable.

This person is a nonentity. We shouldn't even have heard about him in the first place. Who cares who originally posted the video clip of the CNN logo stuck on the face of the guy Trump was wrestling? Trump passed along the clip the way most of us pass things along, by deciding we like that one thing. We don't search for who started it and then all the other things that person has said or done.

CNN whines about intimidation from the Trump admin while threatening u/skaterboy69 on reddit with the full might of an international news organization?!?!?

CNN says make fun of us in an irrelevant corner of the internet and we will ruin your f#@$ing life!!

CNN whines about intimidation from the Trump admin while threatening u/skaterboy69 on reddit with the full might of an international news organization?!?!?

CNN says make fun of us in an irrelevant corner of the internet and we will ruin your f#@$ing life!!

Some bozo on social media put up a totally unsubstantiated rumour that a Toronto sports exec impregnated a Toronto sportscaster, not even remotely believed by anyone.

But lawsuits were filed and the exec had a press conference threatening "poonerman" with fire and brimstone...

Some bozo on social media put up a totally unsubstantiated rumour that a Toronto sports exec impregnated a Toronto sportscaster, not even remotely believed by anyone.

But lawsuits were filed and the exec had a press conference threatening "poonerman" with fire and brimstone...

Individuals filing misguided lawsuits is silly but an international news organization going after some (*^*&%^$^#on the internet is just weird. CNN's own comments section is riddled with racist comments and general craziness, but they're outraged at offensive comments in r/The_Donald, a corner of the internet that 99.99999999% of people with internet access have ever heard of.

If CNN was run by Donald Trump, this is how they would behave. CNN is no position to criticize the POTUS petulant and embarrassing behavior if they are going to conduct business in such a manner.