The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry there counselor, a "contempt of Court" post......conservatively, I'd bet 65% of the deaths were due to highly susceptible elderly (ask Big Fredo), preexisting condition candidates, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, gun shot wounds et al......which brings us to a more realistic total of 70,000 deaths, right in line with annual flu deaths......

Rule #2, please.  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Ahh, just another example of the mainstream media's Herd Immunity.

By the way, not exactly the first time he's done it:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-is-trumps-herd-mentality-gaffe-really-a-gaffe-if-hes-done-it-three-times/

Maybe he needs those drugs he says Biden's been taking.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Now imagine if almost 200,000 Americans died for no good reason and our leader shrugged his fat shoulders and said simply that it is what it is.  And you support that loser.  Sad! 

So how many do you predict would have died if Biden was president? 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

3rd Chair thinks that Biden would have prevented every Covid-19 death if he were president. Yes, every last one of them. How wrong and imprecise can a person be, especially when they claim to be a lawyer? Tell me people, would you want someone so wrong making statements like that while representing you in court? I'll wait for his response, something along the lines of his clever repartee "Hoax" or "Fake News". 

As lap dogs it should be the other way around.

Journalists Should Stop Cleaning Up After Biden

by Ramesh Ponnuru

Original Article

All political candidates make mistakes. They have to retract hasty, ill-considered statements. They find that the position they took to win their primaries is inconvenient afterward, and try to explain it away. For a lucky few candidates, the embarrassment is mitigated by the assistance of journalists who accept the explanations or, even better, don’t ask for them in the first place. Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee for president, is in that enviable position. Whenever he makes a political mess, he is blessed with people, many of them not in his employ, who will clean it up for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

THE WASHINGTON POST SMEARS AG WILLIAM BARR. I WAS THERE.

by John Hinderaker

I have been in DC (Northern Virginia, actually) for the last two days, in connection with Hillsdale College’s Constitution Day event. Last night, Attorney General William Barr spoke at dinner. The main subject of his speech was the rule of law, and how the rule of law is advanced by the fact that in federal agencies, final decisions are up to the senior, political appointees. In the Department of Justice, this means, ultimately, the Attorney General. 

Barr articulated several reasons why senior officials in DOJ get the last word on prosecutions, and should. First, they are politically accountable. An attorney general is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. If someone has a problem with decisions he makes, he can be fired by the President or called before Congress to explain. In a democracy, this kind of political accountability is essential.

Second, uniformity is an important aspect of the rule of law. We cannot have a U.S. Attorney in New York advancing a novel theory against a criminal defendant in that state, while the U.S. Attorney in Florida refuses to bring a similar prosecution on the same ground. Only if DOJ’s senior officials have ultimate responsibility for decisions on prosecutions can uniformity be assured.

Third, the most senior officials generally have more experience than line attorneys, and they also have a broader perspective. A line attorney knows his own cases, but the political appointees know (and are responsible for) the Department’s policies and priorities.

IMG_4821.jpg?resize=535%2C386&ssl=1

Barr’s comments had a context: he talked about the fact that the D.C. press corps has attacked him for doing his job; that is, exercising his powers and duties as Attorney General. Outlets like the Washington Post see something sinister in the fact that the Attorney General is actually running the Department of Justice. This is not a consistent concern, however; as Barr pointed out, such concerns disappear when the A.G. is a Democrat.

Barr’s speech was well-received. In fact, he got four standing ovations from the Hillsdale crowd. I didn’t think he had said anything particularly controversial, so I was shocked later last night to see that the Washington Post had published a highly misleading account of the speech which I had heard only an hour or two before.

The Post’s story bears the snarky headline, Barr accuses Justice Department of headhunting and interfering with politics. The headline is flatly false. Barr did not accuse DOJ lawyers of “interfering with politics.” The Post just made that up.

The Post story reads, as usual, like a DNC press release:

Speaking at an event hosted by Hillsdale College, a school with deep ties to conservative politics…

Someday I want to see a Post story about a public official speaking at Harvard, “a school with deep ties to liberal politics.”

MORE AT THE LINK:

• Thank you (+1) 2

When people were coming down on Biden for using a teleprompter it was because it was happening during interviews.

Not while he was giving a speech.

MOST (if not all) elected officials use some sort of teleprompter or notes during a speech … but not during an interview.

Like Biden.

WaPo’s James Hohmann couldn’t wait to ‘dunk’ on Trump …

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

....hmmm....200,000.......now let's take into consideration highly susceptible elderly deaths (special thanks to Big Fredo), at risk preexisting conditions citizens, auto/motorcycle/gun shot wound deaths, fraudulent reporting  et al, probably 70%, we're down to perhaps 60,000+ directly related Covid-19 deaths....the annual flu number....and the political capital in THAT is.....crickets.....