The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He actually tweeted this with a straight face... 

More proof Krugman is a fool.

Aren't these same people screaming about Bevin refusing to concede the ones who openly support Stacy Abrams' continuing refusal to concede her race?  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

Aren't these same people screaming about Bevin refusing to concede the ones who openly support Stacy Abrams' continuing refusal to concede her race?  

And as you've said before, they're the same people who will push to outlaw the GOP as a hate group once they get back into power.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And as you've said before, they're the same people who will push to outlaw the GOP as a hate group once they get back into power.

I want a reporter to have the balls to ask the Democratic candidates that question.  "Given the GOP's and Trump's history of racism and oppression of women, minorities, and immigrants, do you support outlawing the Republican Party as a hate group?"

The answers would be absolutely epic.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink: ? ? ?

Holy tone deaf!

I suppose they can just act like a Democrat has for the past three years, huh?  Maybe Republicans will be able to buy all the #resist bumper stickers and pink pu$$y hats.

• Like (+1) 1

Guy Benson
Seems ABC News:
1) Quashed significant reporting into billionaire pedophile’s predations & possible co-conspirators.
Then
2) Got furious when evidence of that questionable-to-scandalous news judgment came to light. Then
3) Initiated a mole hunt vs whistleblower/leaker.
Then...
4) Found ‘culprit,’ who’d since moved to a competitor.
Then
5) Convinced said competitor to fire ‘culprit,’ w/o explanation, transparency or due process.
And 6) Got the *wrong person* fired.

I’m open to another side of the story, but we haven’t heard it. Wagons seem circled.

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Guy Benson
Seems ABC News:
1) Quashed significant reporting into billionaire pedophile’s predations & possible co-conspirators.
Then
2) Got furious when evidence of that questionable-to-scandalous news judgment came to light. Then
3) Initiated a mole hunt vs whistleblower/leaker.
Then...
4) Found ‘culprit,’ who’d since moved to a competitor.
Then
5) Convinced said competitor to fire ‘culprit,’ w/o explanation, transparency or due process.
And 6) Got the *wrong person* fired.

I’m open to another side of the story, but we haven’t heard it. Wagons seem circled.

The other side of the story is "It's Trump's fault."

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems like Trump was well received at LSU vs Alabama today. I’m certain all the media outlets will make a point of mentioning this during their broadcasts. 

Nah, the story is the deranged MAGA lunatic who senselessly used his knife and murdered a baby.

Babysitter looks on as his charge is murdered!

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems like Trump was well received at LSU vs Alabama today. I’m certain all the media outlets will make a point of mentioning this during their broadcasts. 

Trump receives warm welcome in the heart of the Confederacy

Narrative folks.  Narrative

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/22/2017 at 9:57 AM, Nanker said:

Well, this could be interesting! Project Veritas to unleash hours of behind-the-scene video of a major TV network. :w00t:

One by one Trump's opponents were trounced about as soon as they began personally attacking him.

Hmm... looks like the media isn't as smart as they think they are because they're the main group of jackasses that are personally attacking him now. :lol:

The basic thing in life is the most obvious choice is usual the correct choice.

I ask is it more likely that 100s of news outlets throughout the world are all collaborating against Trump or that 10 news outlets, 1 being the National Enquirer(LOL), and some of them that didn’t even exist a decade ago, who are saying it is all a vast conspiracy are correct??  

Same with trust. Should you trust people who have spent 40 years serving the country in military, FBI, and CIA roles over someone who never served the country until 2 years ago and only did it for ego? 

I know my answers and I know people who truly serve this country. They don’t need a news channel to tell them what is already obvious about Trump’s ability or lack thereof. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

The basic thing in life is the most obvious choice is usual the correct choice.

I ask is it more likely that 100s of news outlets throughout the world are all collaborating against Trump or that 10 news outlets, 1 being the National Enquirer(LOL), and some of them that didn’t even exist a decade ago, who are saying it is all a vast conspiracy are correct??  

Same with trust. Should you trust people who have spent 40 years serving the country in military, FBI, and CIA roles over someone who never served the country until 2 years ago and only did it for ego? 

I know my answers and I know people who truly serve this country. They don’t need a news channel to tell them what is already obvious about Trump’s ability or lack thereof. 

You talk about trust and service to the country ... let's look at that honestly BT: Before Trump. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied about Iraq having WMD and sold the need for an invasion. They did this because their sources in the same USIC you're lauding, told them they had solid evidence to support the claims. 

They got that one real wrong. And in turn led the country into 18 years of endless war on a credit card. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied, for years (unknowingly in this case), about the mass surveillance programs aimed at US citizens and run by the USIC in violation of the constitution. They did this because their sources in the USIC told them it wasn't happening. One of their favorite sources, James Clapper, even lied to Congress about NSA data collection in 2013: 

They got that one real wrong too. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied, for three years, about Trump/Russian conspiracy and collusion to steal the 2016 election. They pushed knowingly false information, fed to them by the same USIC you're lauding, to build a fake case. Promising you and their viewers for three years they had undeniable evidence, and that "Mueller was coming". 

They got that one real wrong too. And all it did was divide the country and polarize it more than it's been perhaps ever before. 

... And that last one just happened this very calendar year. 

So, I have to ask. Why should we blindly trust them again?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You talk about trust and service to the country ... let's look at that honestly BT: Before Trump. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied about Iraq having WMD and sold the need for an invasion. They did this because their sources in the same USIC you're lauding, told them they had solid evidence to support the claims. 

They got that one real wrong. And in turn led the country into 18 years of endless war on a credit card. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied, for years (unknowingly in this case), about the mass surveillance programs aimed at US citizens and run by the USIC in violation of the constitution. They did this because their sources in the USIC told them it wasn't happening. One of their favorite sources, James Clapper, even lied to Congress about NSA data collection in 2013: 

They got that one real wrong too. 

That same media complex you're putting your faith in lied, for three years, about Trump/Russian conspiracy and collusion to steal the 2016 election. They pushed knowingly false information, fed to them by the same USIC you're lauding, to build a fake case. Promising you and their viewers for three years they had undeniable evidence, and that "Mueller was coming". 

They got that one real wrong too. And all it did was divide the country and polarize it more than it's been perhaps ever before. 

... And that last one just happened this very calendar year. 

So, I have to ask. Why should we blindly trust them again?  

I know people who have roles like the ones you trash. I trust them over the media ***** / pseudo Archie Bunker that is our current leader. I don’t need to worry about the media. I talk to real people. The polarizer is doing it on purpose and he is the president. It is what dictators do. Tell you everyone is lying but them. Tell you that you can’t trust anyone but them. Trust their family only and hire and fire people like dogs and they say don’t trust them either the moment they leave. Then they divide everybody on purpose so everyone doubts themselves.

IMO He is an oligarch wanna be. He wants to turn this country into a false democracy like Russia where 15 or so super elite people control the whole country’s wealth. He wants to be one of them because unlike his paltry 4 -8 billion worth, those people are worth 100 billion. That is why he hates the Bezos of the world. It’s not his politics, it’s his wealth!!  He has a huge inferiority complex and it shows in his every action and word. I could be wrong, he just might be an ahole who doesn’t care, but I like to think he has a method to his madness. 

Funny you talk about an attack on the constitution when 45 invited foreign nationals to interfere in an election (and is again) and continues to ignore the basic findings from all agencies that there was conclusive evidence of interference. That is the most basic attack on our constitution and yet 45 says nothing. 

By the way people like Obama actually taught constitutional law. 

45 couldn’t tell you more than 6 words from it. I am positive he doesn’t even know the Bill of Rights were amendments to the constitution. 

FYI- I believe in honoring the office of the president.  I just wish the president honored people instead of calling ex-GOP voters like me who think he is an idiot “scum.” 

There will always be the fringe 10% on the left and 10% on the right that will say wacky things. They are over-represented on Twitter. It’s the voices of the 80% that keep this country moving forward even in disagreement. The whole “fake media” gimmick is an attempt to make those 10% into 50% so Orwellian dictator rule can occur. Trust no one but your leader. Saying Russia is not our enemy and sending chunks of the Middle East their way but saying we are more secure and powerful is an obvious example of this. It makes no sense but due to blind trust in 45, people are seeming to believe in it.

America usually purges it’s despotic tendencies in all branches of government and I trust it will not allow his to continue either. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Locomark said:

IMO He is an oligarch wanna be. He wants to turn this country into a false democracy like Russia where 15 or so super elite people control the whole country’s wealth. He wants to be one of them because unlike his paltry 4 -8 billion worth, those people are worth 100 billion. That is why he hates the Bezos of the world. It’s not his politics, it’s his wealth!!  He has a huge inferiority complex and it shows in his every action and word. I could be wrong, he just might be an ahole who doesn’t care, but I like to think he has a method to his madness.

Worst. Oligarch. Ever.

Of course he hates Bezos out of jealousy, it can't possibly have anything to do with the misrepresentations and outright lies the newspaper owned by Bezos prints on a regular basis. Must be pure jealousy. Nothing more. You know, like why he hates the "failing" NY Times.

You know, the same reason why people like you hate Trump. Clearly it's just jealousy of his wealth and success. Can't possibly be anything else.

You jelly, brah?

I know people who have roles like the ones you trash. I trust them over the media ***** / pseudo Archie Bunker that is our current leader. I don’t need to worry about the media. I talk to real people.

Let’s test that...  since you didn’t answer earlier:

In your opinion, who interfered or meddled more in the 2016 election: the Russians or our own Intelligence Services?

Please explain your answer in full. :beer: 

America usually purges it’s despotic tendencies in all branches of government and I trust it will not allow his to continue either. 

As painful as this is to say and to hear, this country desperately needs to re-elect Trump on principle.  That principle being that we can't allow the media and the opposition party to run a series of ruses for the sake of their own power and agendas.  When I say ruse I'm being kind to those parties.  What they've done and what they're doing is worse than that, much worse. 

• Like (+1) 5

during the election slaughters from Nixon to Papa Bush the Dems/liberal media went with the party line that "all politics are local" and abandoned the Pres election to concentrate on Congress and local candidates.

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

I know people who have roles like the ones you trash. I trust them over the media ***** / pseudo Archie Bunker that is our current leader. I don’t need to worry about the media. I talk to real people. The polarizer is doing it on purpose and he is the president. It is what dictators do. Tell you everyone is lying but them. Tell you that you can’t trust anyone but them. Trust their family only and hire and fire people like dogs and they say don’t trust them either the moment they leave. Then they divide everybody on purpose so everyone doubts themselves.

Funny you talk about an attack on the constitution when 45 invited foreign nationals to interfere in an election (and is again) and continues to ignore the basic findings from all agencies that there was conclusive evidence of interference. That is the most basic attack on our constitution and yet 45 says nothing. 

By the way people like Obama actually taught constitutional law. 

45 couldn’t tell you more than 6 words from it. I am positive he doesn’t even know the Bill of Rights were amendments to the constitution. 

FYI- I believe in honoring the office of the president.  I just wish the president honored people instead of calling ex-GOP voters like me who think he is an idiot “scum.” 

There will always be the fringe 10% on the left and 10% on the right that will say wacky things. They are over-represented on Twitter. It’s the voices of the 80% that keep this country moving forward even in disagreement. The whole “fake media” gimmick is an attempt to make those 10% into 50% so Orwellian dictator rule can occur. Trust no one but your leader. Saying Russia is not our enemy and sending chunks of the Middle East their way but saying we are more secure and powerful is an obvious example of this. It makes no sense but due to blind trust in 45, people are seeming to believe in it.

Baskin is back.

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

As painful as this is to say and to hear, this country desperately needs to re-elect Trump on principle.  That principle being that we can't allow the media and the opposition party to run a series of ruses for the sake of their own power and agendas.  When I say ruse I'm being kind to those parties.  What they've done and what they're doing is worse than that, much worse. 

Hmmm.  Now what/who does that sound like?