The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The liberal media and liberal governments of Canada/US/UK laughed away all concerns of this infiltration from 1919 to 1991

These 3 countries infiltrated the USSR during the Cold War as well

i'll choose to believe the efforts of the Can/US/UK were for the betterment of the world

The other difference of course is that there was no secret in what the Western countries were doing to seed information to the Soviet block, because Voice of America, Radio Free Europe were out in the public.

At least this is the start of illuminating sunshine on the clandestine activities.  Next step will be uncovering the role the KGB played in seeding unrest in the US during the civil rights era, including assassinating MLK and Malcom X.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GG said:

The other difference of course is that there was no secret in what the Western countries were doing to seed information to the Soviet block, because Voice of America, Radio Free Europe were out in the public.

At least this is the start of illuminating sunshine on the clandestine activities.  Next step will be uncovering the role the KGB played in seeding unrest in the US during the civil rights era, including assassinating MLK and Malcom X.

VOA was awesome, i mean deep state stuff, which the media and Hollywood told me non-stop was pure evil by the USA during the 70s and 80s

On 10/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Economy booming....check

Unemployment down....check

Existing wars ending....check

No new wars started....check

Nuclear threats diminished....check

Allies stepping up to the plate....check

Terrorist leaders killed....check

What's the problem again?  If the folks in the media would step back for one minute and look at the overall arc of the President's job performance they'd have to be embarrassed with how they've spun it. You shouldn't judge anyone on the News of the Day, or the Twitter Minute....but apparently that's where we're at now.  Not looking good for our future national discourse.

The economy is not booming - is is sub 2 percent growth and the deficit has been doubled. So same growth rate as Obama with twice the debt. Growth built on debt.....what could go wrong

Unemployment trends have simply continued the same trends as the last 9 years.

What wars have ended? We are still in Afghanistan and Korea....

No new wars - congrats on the obvious

Nuclear threats diminished? Where? - North Korea is status quo with 2016 and Iran deal was ripped up with nothing better to replace it. 

Allies steeping up?  Who? 

Terrorist leaders....Congrats....the systems in place for the last 18 years continue to progress....

Health Care - Zip

Infrastructure - Zero

Wall - Invisible

FoxConn Plant in WI - Conned all right

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Bring back manufacturing - Nada

Deficit - doubled

China - Nothing accomplished

Allies - Betrayed across the board

North Korea - Nothing changed

Iran - Bagged agreement - yet to replace it with anything better

Nafta - Not ratified

Edited by TH3

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

The economy is not booming - is is sub 2 percent growth and the deficit has been doubled. So same growth rate as Obama with twice the debt. Growth built on debt.....what could go wrong

Unemployment trends have simply continued the same trends as the last 9 years.

What wars have ended? We are still in Afghanistan and Korea....

No new wars - congrats on the obvious

Nuclear threats diminished? Where? - North Korea is status quo with 2016 and Iran deal was ripped up with nothing better to replace it. 

Allies steeping up?  Who? 

Terrorist leaders....Congrats....the systems in place for the last 18 years continue to progress....

Health Care - Zip

Infrastructure - Zero

Wall - Invisible

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Deficit - doubled

Nafta - Not ratified

The economy isn’t booming? May I ask where you live? There are cranes over every major skyline.

care to refute what I wrote?....i tend to try to steer toward actual policy results....just going on what he promised and has actually deleivered....

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The economy isn’t booming? May I ask where you live? There are cranes over every major skyline.

1.9 percent growth rate is booming?

Budget deficit doubled?

Oh.....I guess we go by crane counts these days instead of actual data.....

TH also said no new wars were no big deal — forgetting that starting new wars has been the staple of the past 16 years of bipartisan policy from the White House. 

Obama ran on ending wars, and expanded them all while killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in them and his drone program. For that he won a Nobel peace prize — and applause from TH because people like TH are easy marks. 

The desire not to start wars is precisely why Trump was targeted in the first place by the establishment here and abroad. 

In short, TH is a partisan and unable to be objective. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

TH also said no new wars were no big deal — forgetting that starting new wars has been the staple of the past 16 years of bipartisan policy from the White House. 

Obama ran on ending wars, and expanded them all while killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in them and his drone program. For that he won a Nobel peace prize — and applause from TH because people like TH are easy marks. 

The desire not to start wars is precisely why Trump was targeted in the first place by the establishment here and abroad. 

meant to call the board name THC but slipped on the keyboard.... and.... you know..... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I did not vote for BO.....but he took over one of the most difficult economic and international circumstances in my lifetime...

Not starting a war i think of as a layup....sorry

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

care to refute what I wrote?....i tend to try to steer toward actual policy results....just going on what he promised and has actually deleivered....

1.9 percent growth rate is booming?

Budget deficit doubled?

Oh.....I guess we go by crane counts these days instead of actual data.....

Gladly....the issues you cited where nothing has happened are in general regarding domestic program spending bills that you’d like to see move forward (infrastructure and health care for example). The President doesn’t write bills. The Congress does...but they’re too busy with impeachment. If Trump had vetoed those bills you’d have more of an argument but...

And yes one of the major indicators of how an economy is doing is to look to see who’s willing to take a risk at building future projects. Cranes are an excellent indicator. You probably can’t see any from your mothers basement.

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I did not vote for BO.....but he took over one of the most difficult economic and international circumstances in my lifetime...

Nobody’s criticizing BO here. But yes, many said Trump was going to start WWIII. He hasn’t.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

And yet -- we've had 4 straight terms of presidents who failed in that "layup". 

You fail to understand what is driving much of the hysteria we've seen the past three years. It's not Trump. It's the establishment who make their money from these sorts of wars who saw (rightfully so) Trump's policies and agenda as a threat. 

That's a fact. 

And you have taken the side of the war profiteers and war mongers because you are suffering from acute TDS. So spare me your opinion on what should be a layup, you're very under-informed. 

Gladly....the issues you cited where nothing has happened are in general regarding domestic program spending bills that you’d like to see move forward (infrastructure and health care for example). The President doesn’t write bills. The Congress does...but they’re too busy with impeachment. If Trump had vetoed those bills you’d have more of an argument but...

And yes one of the major indicators of how an economy is doing is to look to see who’s willing to take a risk at building future projects. Cranes are an excellent indicator. You probably can’t see any from your mothers basement.

He had 2 years of GOP control of the house and senate....just hitting on his promises HE ALONE - remember?

and if he wasn't such an idiot he would not be under investigation....

He reminds me of Antonio Brown....all he had to do was shut up and he would have $30,000,000 in his pocket

All DT had to do was not strong arm a foreign governments to do dirty work on his political opponents and he would shuffle off to term 2....

AFA our country.....I don't see how he has laid much ground work to make our country better suited for the future....our growth is nominal and is largely built on leverage....the internal backbones of our country....health care system, infrastructure, education....are not any better...

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet -- we've had 4 straight terms of presidents who failed in that "layup". 

You fail to understand what is driving much of the hysteria we've seen the past three years. It's not Trump. It's the establishment who make their money from these sorts of wars who saw (rightfully so) Trump's policies and agenda as a threat. 

That's a fact. 

And you have taken the side of the war profiteers and war mongers because you are suffering from acute TDS. So spare me your opinion on what should be a layup, you're very under-informed. 

Your affiliation with "facts" is laughable....again stop with the TDS....it diminishes any point you are trying to make

Edited by TH3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TH3 said:

He had 2 years of GOP control of the house and senate....just hitting on his promises HE ALONE - remember?

and if he wasn't such an idiot he would not be under investigation....

Proving to all you don't understand the reality of the past three years. 

At all. 

Enjoy your self imposed ignorance. 

Just now, TH3 said:

Your affiliation with "facts" is laughable

It's not a fact that under two successive presidents the US's war footprint expanded tremendously? 

Yeah. You're wrong. 

But keep thinking "not going to war is a layup". The only one you're impressing with that kind of ignorance (or is it dishonesty) is Tibs. And when Tibs is on your side, you should really rethink your position.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Proving to all you don't understand the reality of the past three years. 

At all. 

Enjoy your self imposed ignorance. 

Deranged...it’s become clear that we have two sides of the country that are simply talking past each other. I try sometimes but I just get frustrated. How anyone can argue these ridiculous left wing talking points is beyond me!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Deranged...it’s become clear that we have two sides of the country that are simply talking past each other. I try sometimes but I just get frustrated. How anyone can argue these ridiculous left wing talking points is beyond me!

Health Care - Zip

Infrastructure - Zero

Wall - Invisible

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Deficit - doubled

Nafta - Not ratified

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did I miss something during Barrack's time in office...the only 3 things that pop out to me

are obama phones,  obamacare and the media constantly suckling on his ^%$#.

oh, yea and this...

Edited by Albwan

42 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Did I miss something during Barrack's time in office...the only 3 things that pop out to me

are obama phones,  obamacare and the media constantly suckling on his ^%$#.

oh, yea and this...

Why would whites leave a neighborhood that blacks were flooding into? That's a question I think I'll ponder while debating with myself the pros and cons of moving to West Chicago.

43 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Fortunately, that's all health care needed, since the ACA fixed everything.  :rolleyes:

DC: You took the words right out of my mouth.  The Democrats controlled by sides of Congress and the Presidency with a filibuster proof majority and yet we're right back to talking about fixing health care as their #1 issue?  Why exactly?  I guess even Nancy failed to read it before they passed it.  It is absolutely SHAMEFUL and EMBARRASSING that they've framed this as their #1 issue. Bring on the debates!

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Health Care - Zip

They gutted the ACA -- so not zip. That's an important step. Health Care was always going to be a second tier objective for the administration behind deregulation and tax cuts. They got those secured first, then the House switched. 

Second term will be health care push. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Infrastructure - Zero

This is bi-partisan failure -- through multiple administrations.

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Wall - Invisible

Partisan nonsense and provably false. I've been to the wall in several different locations where new wall is going up. The wall was meant as a way to combat trafficking, that's been the number one foreign agenda for this administration, and they've tackled it from day one with tangible results. 

But you don't care, or even know about this, "because CHILDREN IN CAGES!"

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Nonsense -- meaningless nonsense to boot. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

False. Fighting back against China is accomplishing more than the past several administrations combined whose policies were to strengthen China at our expense. 

All you're proving now is that you're a good lemming. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

False -- 

And are we talking about the same allies who conspired with our own IC to overthrow a legally elected POTUS? Those allies, like Britain, France, Canada, New Zealand, Italy and others? 

You're out of your depth on foreign policy matters. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

False -- Try telling that to Japan or South Korea. They'd laugh in your face.

*Remains coming home,

*Hostilities have declined

*No nuclear tests in going on two years

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

You know nothing about what's happening in Iran. They've been in open rebellion against the Mullahs, with our support, for approaching two years. We've beaten Hezbollah and Hamas on multiple fronts, gutted their ability to finance terror and pushed back Iranian influence in the region ten fold. 

Again, you're proving you know nothing about the realities on the ground. Yet you're REAL good at parroting nonsense coming from the very same people who lied us into 18 years of endless war. Feels good, doesn't it? To suck the D of the same people who think you're too stupid to know any better?

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Nafta - Not ratified

Only because the House won't put it forward. 

But details... 

So in your list -- you've got ONE real fact (the deficit doubling) and a bunch of nonsense. 

Because you are detached from reality.

Enjoy 2020. It's going to be hard on your psyche.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

talk is okay

if they again start bombing Universities and research facilities and banks every day, then its a problem

at lunch the other day a Patty Hearst anniversary arose, for which us old farts got to tell the young-uns all about it, the funny thing is it didn't remotely seem weird at the time, not any of it, just another day of horrible news from that era