The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I would like to know how they think Kavanaugh knew who that was.

And in Kavanaugh's position, where's he's undoubtedly been receiving death threats, why the hell would you acknowledge some random person who approaches you?

Because Kavanaugh doesn't care about guns and wants to overturn Roe v Wade and now non-binary people are going to literally die.

As you know, i am not a Trump supporter by a wide margin, but I read and watch a wide variety of papers/ news programs. 

Just saw on the news the NYT  published an opinion piece by " an anonymous source, part of the resistance in the White House" ( paraphrasing..don't know exact wording)

What total, 100% BS..that is just pure garbage from any journalistic outfit with any sense of principals and ethics. Am I missing something?

Damn, I want Trump the frick gone, but this kind of crap just backs up his nonsense and legitimizes everything he says about the press..

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

As you know, i am not a Trump supporter by a wide margin, but I read and watch a wide variety of papers/ news programs. 

Just saw on the news the NYT  published an opinion piece by " an anonymous source, part of the resistance in the White House" ( paraphrasing..don't know exact wording)

What total, 100% BS..that is just pure garbage from any journalistic outfit with any sense of principals and ethics. Am I missing something?

Damn, I want Trump the frick gone, but this kind of crap just backs up his nonsense and legitimizes everything he says about the press..

Or ......it is true......

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well said. I would add that it disturbs me that anyone who is supposedly a "senior official" would be such a sniveling rat as to violate the president's trust, no matter who that president is.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You know what Democrats call people like you, who think that way?

"Trump Supporters."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The reason you find it reprehensible is because you see the larger picture. The left, in general, loves this so they can keep feeding the frenzy of panic, meltdown and hysterics. It blow up Twitter and FB and every other news feed, and the left just LOVES it, regardless of how unethical it looks because they can't think as broadly as you do.

22 minutes ago, baskin said:

Case in point.

• Like (+1) 2

ROGER SIMON: NYT’s “Inside” Attack on Trump Unbelievably Cowardly.

On the other hand, it sure was nice of the Times to provide the evidence that the deep state actually exists.

David Nakamura Retweeted Del Quentin Wilber

Most DC journalists, incl. me, have quoted a "senior administration official" in stories. But I feel as though an op-ed like this should have an editor's note explaining what an SAO is. There are 1,212 Senate-confirmed positions, incl. 640 'key' jobs https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/mar/16/donald-trump/why-trump-appointments-have-lagged-behind-other-

pr/ 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, baskin said:

Does not matter. Was this backed up by a second source?  Or is the NYT gunna hide behind the “ opinion piece “ not our reporting bs I think is coming. Damn, I hate defending Trump and the right, but I saw this on CBS with Jeff Glor( dude gotta be right, he from Kenmore) and that quoted the tweet of the reporter who’s source on other stories was her her boyfriend( sorry forget the name). 

Trump may have it right on the Times. But I will always stand by the greatest paper in the world , the WaPo!

Edited by plenzmd1

Meh. My anonymous source says the NY Times anonymous source is imaginary.  Right now, I think I have just as much journalistic-chops as anyone writing fan-fiction for the left in the NYTimes op-ed department.

But apparently, Tucker Carlson said he knows the fiction writer of the piece ... and he's going after Chuck Todd + NBC on the Weinstein cover-up as well. Food fight in the MSM! 

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Meh. My anonymous source says the NY Times anonymous source is imaginary.  Right now, I think I have just as much journalistic-chops as anyone writing fan-fiction for the left in the NYTimes op-ed department.

But apparently, Tucker Carlson said he knows the fiction writer of the piece ... and he's going after Chuck Todd + NBC on the Weinstein cover-up as well. Food fight in the MSM! 

well, i trust him as much as I trust the NYT at this point.

guess this sums it up beter than I can..and ot was my reaction too

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/09/05/the-new-york-times-packages-old-news-in-an-anonymous-op-ed/?utm_term=.a2290db80525

In one day , a former reality TV Star is considering treason charges while a guy who thinks tap water is turning frogs gay almost got in a fight with a Senator and another Rep banished a lunatic heckler with an auctioneer voice. This is the greatest !@#$ing country in the world

Stephen Miller
Replying to
Don’t get me wrong I’m pretty sure this is how Rome fell but weeeeeeee

Juan Williams: Donald Trump Is the 'Snowflake President'

As seen on The Five

Juan Williams said Thursday on "The Five" that Donald Trump is the "snowflake president," given all of his gripes with press coverage and allegedly unfair practices by bureaucrats in his administration.

Reacting to discussion on Trump's war of words with Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein -- who Trump said "thinks like a degenerate fool" -- and several media outlets, Williams said it shows a pattern of complaints by the president.

"He's going on about 'alternative facts' and 'fake news' -- Oh gee, I wonder what the FBI had to say when he picked up on this conservative report saying Hillary [Clinton's] emails were hacked by the Chinese," Williams said.

He said that after Trump publicly mentioned the report, the FBI came out and dismissed the claim. However, at least one Republican lawmaker, Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, has stood by it.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/30/juan-williams-says-donald-trump-snowflake-president-battles-media-fbi-doj?intcmp=ob_article_footer

As good as any thread to post this since the media will cover it perfectly.

If I am the GOP I am inviting all of these people on stage for interviews.

I think they need to steal a page from the Democrats.  If the left can portray the GOP in the light of the minority of racist scum, religious zealots, and general narrow minded idiots than the GOP needs to allow all of these left activists a chance to get some light.

What if, and maybe likely, that it was GOP staffers and others letting the protesters in.  What if it is the GOP quietly gaslighting, fueling, pushing, tolerating the left idiocy in order to create the identity of the Democrats to be something so outlandish?

What I propose next is simple: interview them, allow them to get on camera, call them in to hearings on media bias, ANYTHING that can get them on camera bashing the president, bashing what most Americans support.  I would love to see the House hold a hearing pulling in a bunch of NFL players, former players, activists and others who are protesting the police.  Under that guise it would be smart to let someone like Kaepernick get the spotlight and be gentle with him, he's already polarized perfectly.  Then, bring in those who are folks like Nike's leader and other prominent folks to look like fools right up along side of a man dressed as a giant vagina or a woman covered in blood claiming to be the blood of a victim of immigration.

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: Obama Treated Press Worse Than Trump Does, But Media Didn’t Care.

“That is is not my recollection of the eight years under President Obama,” Hemingway said. “He blamed many bad things in the country on people watching Fox News. He claimed it was on every bar in the country why Democrats were hurt. He tried to freeze out Fox News in multiple instances. He spied on reporters. He’s one of the worst presidents when it comes to actual actions when it comes to the media.”

“President Donald Trump speaks against the press in a way that does not live up to what we would hope to hear in terms of freedom of the press,” she continued. “But when it comes to actual actions taken against the media, the Obama administration was bad and the media didn’t care. When Donald Trump lightly criticizes the press, they boycott him, they freak out about the White House press dinner, and it’s that difference in how they reacted to criticisms by President Obama toward press to how they reacted to criticism from Trump is frustrating.”

It’s different now because shut up.

BREAKING: Newly Revealed Email Shows Google's Bias Against Trump In 2016 Election, Report Says

Fox News host Tucker Carlson revealed in an exclusive segment Monday that a newly obtained email from inside Google allegedly shows the tech giant's pro-Hillary bias during the 2016 election.

"An email obtained exclusively by this show reveals that a senior Google employee deployed the company’s resources to increase voter turnout in ways she believed would help the Clinton campaign win in the last election," Carlson said.

The November 9, 2016 email obtained by Fox News reportedly came from Eliana Murillo, the former Head of Multicultural Marketing at Google.

Carlson reported that Murillo said that Arizona was a "key state for us," and bragged that the company "used its power to ensure that millions of people saw certain hashtags and social media impressions with the goal of influencing their behavior during the election."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35694/breaking-google-ryan-saavedra

cc: @CNN, @MSNBC, @NYTimes, @Amazon @WashingtonPost. .....................Looking forward to your coverage.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

BREAKING: Newly Revealed Email Shows Google's Bias Against Trump In 2016 Election, Report Says

Fox News host Tucker Carlson revealed in an exclusive segment Monday that a newly obtained email from inside Google allegedly shows the tech giant's pro-Hillary bias during the 2016 election.

"An email obtained exclusively by this show reveals that a senior Google employee deployed the company’s resources to increase voter turnout in ways she believed would help the Clinton campaign win in the last election," Carlson said.

The November 9, 2016 email obtained by Fox News reportedly came from Eliana Murillo, the former Head of Multicultural Marketing at Google.

Carlson reported that Murillo said that Arizona was a "key state for us," and bragged that the company "used its power to ensure that millions of people saw certain hashtags and social media impressions with the goal of influencing their behavior during the election."

cc: @CNN, @MSNBC, @NYTimes, @Amazon @WashingtonPost. .....................Looking forward to your coverage.

But what about Fox News and the Koch Brothers???

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

If this is news to anyone, they haven't been paying attention for awhile

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Didn't some Russian dude invent Google?