The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Maybe you could clarify your point.  Are you actually taking issue with my contention that Hitler was arguably the planet's biggest monster?  If so, my point eluded you.  What do Stalin or Mao's regimes have to do with Hitler and Donnie's comparison?

Fox News is Trump's propaganda machine today. 

Bob, you are truly hopeless.  There are 320 million people currently in the US and perhaps 2 million watch Fox News.  Assuming that the nation is evenly split between liberals and conservatives that means there are 158 million people who align more with Trump versus any other politician without any forced propaganda to be consumed.  Of course it is not as simple as 160M for each side as there are kids too young to engage the political landscape and those subject to mental deterioration but those percentages should be close to even for each side.  So I would ask how well over 100M Americans arrived at a non alternative to Trump worse case scenario?

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is well beyond that. This is a man who's lost his way badly because he's so desperate to virtue signal that he's better than others. 

Self absorbed, stoned, and stupid is no way to go through life. But that's Bob's MO.

Anybody got a Flounder meme for that line?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bob, you are truly hopeless.  There are 320 million people currently in the US and perhaps 2 million watch Fox News.  Assuming that the nation is evenly split between liberals and conservatives that means there are 158 million people who align more with Trump versus any other politician without any forced propaganda to be consumed.  Of course it is not as simple as 160M for each side as there are kids too young to engage the political landscape and those subject to mental deterioration but those percentages should be close to even for each side.  So I would ask how well over 100M Americans arrived at a non alternative to Trump worse case scenario?

Where do you get your news?  Do you believe any news not coming from Trump, FoxNews, Rush, or Levin?  If so, what are your individual other reliable sources?  To me and to anyone with working eyes, FoxNews is way too chummy with the administration, especially if you think the press should be a watchdog over the admin.  Rather than digging into any Trump possible misdeeds, they immediately attack the 'witness' and explain and enable for the president.

And so what is the problem with the other Hitler-Trump comparisons?  For each of the similarities I listed, are you disputing Hitler used the tactic or that Trump is using the tactic?  Because in spite of hand waving dismissal, no one has disputed any of the similarities except you with this propaganda machine issue and I think you are way off there.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Where do you get your news?  Do you believe any news not coming from Trump, FoxNews, Rush, or Levin?  If so, what are your individual other reliable sources?  To me and to anyone with working eyes, FoxNews is way too chummy with the administration, especially if you think the press should be a watchdog over the admin.  Rather than digging into any Trump possible misdeeds, they immediately attack the 'witness' and explain and enable for the president.

And so what is the problem with the other Hitler-Trump comparisons?  For each of the similarities I listed, are you disputing Hitler used the tactic or that Trump is using the tactic?  Because in spite of hand waving dismissal, no one has disputed any of the similarities except you with this propaganda machine issue and I think you are way off there.

Where's your outrage for the ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC and yes, Fox who purposefully lied to you, for three years, about Trump/Russia -- and did so to help Obama? 

That's not the same thing though, right, Bob?

Your'e making a fool of yourself now. Please, keep going.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

And so what is the problem with the other Hitler-Trump comparisons? 

Your lack of understanding history is offensive to most people with a fully functional frontal cortex. 

26 minutes ago, GG said:

Yet you have no problems using history as a pretext to paint a false narrative?   

Then you wonder why people make fun of you?

Please, tell me where my comparison is false?  Instead of just dismissing the post overall, tell me specifically which comparisons of Hitler-Trump are invalid?  Unless, as I suspect, you don't have much in that regard.

As to your other point, I don't wonder at all why this group makes fun of me.  Ignorance abounds around here.  When folks can pick apart an argument they jump at that opportunity and will post a rebuttal.  When they can't, they make fun of or insult the poster.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Bob, I get my news from the same place as most people but I know how to interpret information unlike you.  I don't watch Fox, I disagree more than I agree with Limbaugh plus am generally out of tune with him.  Bob, do you consider it an ethical quandary for an ex-Clinton operative such as George Stephanopolous to head an entire news division at ABC and most likely the person who squashed the Clinton-Epstein story that would have damaged Hillary's political ambitions?  As to the rest of your statement that is gibberish and nothing more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Instead of just dismissing the post overall, tell me specifically which comparisons of Hitler-Trump are invalid? 

Every single one.

You'd know why if you understood the history you're trying to rewrite.

When folks can pick apart an argument they jump at that opportunity and will post a rebuttal.  

You've never ONCE picked a part ANYONE'S argument down here in all your years. 

Not once. 

Never. 

EVER. 

:lol: 

You're delusional

All you've done is display breathtaking ignorance on any number of subjects -- then run away and cried about people responding to your posts while trying to silence them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Every single one.

You'd know why if you understood the history you're trying to rewrite.

You've never ONCE picked a part ANYONE'S argument down here in all your years. 

Not once. 

Never. 

EVER. 

You're delusional

Bob, Tiberius, etc. can all go to the doctor to get checked for Parkinson's and receive a group rate for services performed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Morning Rob.  I understand those making fun of comparisons to Hitler.  He was arguably the biggest monster to ever live.  Donnie is a saint by comparison.

Most that make fun of the comparison I believe get the point of the comparison but intentionally ignore it.  Where the comparison makes sense is in Hitler's rise to power.  Looking back, I am fascinated that he was seemingly able to hypnotize so many Germans and to convince them to willingly give up democracy in favor of a Hitler Dictatorship.  

History was never my best subject but it appears that the comparison holds up reasonably well when looking at 1930's Hitler.

- He has declared a group to focus blame

-He has declared the press to be the enemy

-He lies blatantly to the people

-He has clouded truth overall in this country

-He has stated political opponents should be jailed

-He has undermined confidence in other government organizations

-He has built/commandeered a huge propaganda machine

-etc

FB_IMG_1575391488890.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Bob, Tiberius, etc. can all go to the doctor to get checked for Parkinson's and receive a group rate for services performed.

Rob, are you reverting to just insults now?  What happened to the common ground you were looking for?   lol

Please show my invalid Trump-Hitler comparisons, aside from the propaganda machine point.  For each that you point out, did Hitler not do it or is Trump not now doing it?  Thx

Ignoring serial insulters DR and DCTom as always so please don't think they responded for you.

Rob, are you reverting to just insults now?  What happened to the common ground you were looking for?   lol

Please show my invalid Trump-Hitler comparisons, aside from the propaganda machine point.  For each that you point out, did Hitler not do it or is Trump not now doing it?  Thx

Ignoring serial insulters DR and DCTom as always so please don't think they responded for you.

The only thing being insulted is history with your butchering of it. 

No insult.  I am sincerely concerned for your health and well being.  The rest of your statement is filled with subjectives which cannot be proven.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Please, tell me where my comparison is false?  Instead of just dismissing the post overall, tell me specifically which comparisons of Hitler-Trump are invalid?  Unless, as I suspect, you don't have much in that regard.

As to your other point, I don't wonder at all why this group makes fun of me.  Ignorance abounds around here.  When folks can pick apart an argument they jump at that opportunity and will post a rebuttal.  When they can't, they make fun of or insult the poster.

Every single comparison is wrong on historical grounds.  Which doesn't surprise me given your penchant for ignoring facts in favor of a narrative.  That's why you can selectively pick any Trump word or action and have it applied equally to Hitler or Mother Teresa.   Whichever pole you choose, be prepared to be ridiculed.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

No insult.  I am sincerely concerned for your health and well being.  The rest of your statement is filled with subjectives which cannot be proven.

You seem to have time to engage.  Why won't you post a reply as to where the Trump-Hitler comparisons are invalid?  So far you have questioned only one of them.  Even if I allow that I was wrong on that one (which I don't), why are the other 6 invalid?

You seem to have time to engage.  Why won't you post a reply as to where the Trump-Hitler comparisons are invalid?  So far you have questioned only one of them.  Even if I allow that I was wrong on that one (which I don't), why are the other 6 invalid?

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?! WHERE ARE THEY?!"

It's how Bob makes an argument. He says something nonsensical or ignorant -- then gets defensive when his ignorance is pointed out by others... rather than admit he was wrong, he doubles down on a small, or irrelevant point, and tries to hang his whole point on it. 

We are a few posts away from him mindlessly shouting nonsense. 

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!"

Bob, I am not going to play your game of grasping blowing sand.  Your statements as-is are subjective in nature.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Every single comparison is wrong on historical grounds.  Which doesn't surprise me given your penchant for ignoring facts in favor of a narrative.  That's why you can selectively pick any Trump word or action and have it applied equally to Hitler or Mother Teresa.   Whichever pole you choose, be prepared to be ridiculed.  

Maybe you'll answer.  So far Rob has been stumped.

Please show my invalid Trump-Hitler comparisons, aside from the propaganda machine point.  For each that you point out, did Hitler not do it or is Trump not now doing it?

• Haha (+1) 1

Please show my invalid Trump-Hitler comparisons, aside from the propaganda machine point.  For each that you point out, did Hitler not do it or is Trump not now doing it?

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!"

GG literally already answered you in the very response you quoted. And you ask for more... why? 

Because you're an asshat who likely needs to read instructions about how to breathe lest he forget.

• Haha (+1) 1

Why are you comparing him to Hitler, as opposed to .... any of the Founding Fathers?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Why are you comparing him to Hitler, as opposed to .... any of the Founding Fathers?

Scrolling back would tell you that.  Rob made the well worn point that comparisons of Trump to Hitler are ridiculous.  While I agreed on one level, I was trying to point out Trump is using many of the tactics Hitler used in his rise to authoritarian rule.

Still awaiting that answer though........anyone?  Well, lol, let me correct that.  Anyone not named Tom or DR

Still awaiting that answer though........anyone?  Well, lol, let me correct that.  Anyone not named Tom or DR

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!"

Called it.

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We are a few posts away from him mindlessly shouting nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is well beyond that. This is a man who's lost his way badly because he's so desperate to virtue signal that he's better than others. 

Self absorbed, stoned, and stupid is no way to go through life. But that's Bob's MO.

...same Bob from Accountemps?.......just wonderin'........

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Morning Rob.  I understand those making fun of comparisons to Hitler.  He was arguably the biggest monster to ever live.  Donnie is a saint by comparison.

Most that make fun of the comparison I believe get the point of the comparison but intentionally ignore it.  Where the comparison makes sense is in Hitler's rise to power.  Looking back, I am fascinated that he was seemingly able to hypnotize so many Germans and to convince them to willingly give up democracy in favor of a Hitler Dictatorship.  

History was never my best subject but it appears that the comparison holds up reasonably well when looking at 1930's Hitler.

- He has declared a group to focus blame

-He has declared the press to be the enemy

-He lies blatantly to the people

-He has clouded truth overall in this country

-He has stated political opponents should be jailed

-He has undermined confidence in other government organizations

-He has built/commandeered a huge propaganda machine

-etc

Try it this way 

Trump has declared groups to focus blame (Democrats, Never Trumpers, Antifa)

Trump has declared the press to be the enemy

Trump blatantly lies to people

Trump has clouded truth overall in this country

Trump has stated political opponents should be jailed

Trump has undermined confidence in other government organizations

Trump has built/commandeered a huge propaganda machine

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...same Bob from Accountemps?.......just wonderin'........

Diffferent Bob - the Bob DR wants to bang 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Scrolling back would tell you that.  Rob made the well worn point that comparisons of Trump to Hitler are ridiculous.  While I agreed on one level, I was trying to point out Trump is using many of the tactics Hitler used in his rise to authoritarian rule.

Answer what?   Cherry picked points that support a preconceived narrative?

You can take every one of your "points" and apply them to Hillary and reach the same conclusion that she's Hitler.

• Like (+1) 1

Behold!  Bob reveals his hand showing his disingenuity and intellectual dishonesty.    

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Answer what?   Cherry picked points that support a preconceived narrative?

You can take every one of your "points" and apply them to Hillary and reach the same conclusion that she's Hitler.

You beat me to it while I was getting lunch around.  I'll expand on that in a little while.

You fools have spent two pages whimpering about why you can't or won't answer where my comparisons are invalid.  If invalid, it would take one post to address each point and explain why it is untrue.

Pretty ***** telling, eh?

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Haha (+1) 1

You fools have spent two pages whimpering about why you can't or won't answer where my comparisons are invalid.  If invalid, it would take one post to address each point and explain why it is untrue.

Pretty ***** telling, eh?

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!"

Bob is delusional. GG and Rob both responded. And shredded him. But he ignores it and keeps asking the question anyway. Why? 

Because Bob is a troll. And a lousy one at taht. 

30 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Try it this way 

Trump has declared groups to focus blame (Democrats, Never Trumpers, Antifa)

Trump has declared the press to be the enemy

Trump blatantly lies to people

Trump has clouded truth overall in this country

Trump has stated political opponents should be jailed

Trump has undermined confidence in other government organizations

Trump has built/commandeered a huge propaganda machine

Diffferent Bob - the Bob DR wants to bang 

Name a politician you couldn't say those about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1