The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 hours ago, ALF said:

"If President Trump truly wanted to address the scourge of anti-Semitism he helped to create, he would accept responsibility for his role emboldening white nationalism, perpetuating anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, and repeating stereotypes that have led to violence targeting Jews," she said in a statement.

I would like some examples of when he did all this. 

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

WTF are the Guardians of the Year?!?

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This proves why Trump needs to be impeached. He is such a failure as president, he can't even be an actual literal super mecha-Hitler correctly.

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

I can't figure out whose face is more punchable. Greta or these wads!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Oh please!  Couldn't Businessinsider find some whackier group to draw a quote from?

...LOL...why are so many Jewish (ALLEGED) politicians in "attack mode"?.......Shifty, Schumer, Nadler, Blumenthal, Sanders, Feinstein, Engel, Sherman, et al all Trump haters for what reason?....

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...why are so many Jewish (ALLEGED) politicians in "attack mode"?.......Shifty, Schumer, Nadler, Blumenthal, Sanders, Feinstein, Engel, Sherman, et al all Trump haters for what reason?....

They are not tethered to reality. It is one of those unfathomable questions in life that Trump, who is the President with the most support ever for anything Israel is hated with such a vehemence by Jews.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't see anything "national, but there is this.

Jersey City shooters were lovers who lived in a van

by Craig McCarthy , Alex Taylor & Gabrielle Fonrouge

Original Article

The hate mongers behind the deadly Jersey City shooting that left three civilians and a police officer dead were a pair of religiously fanatical lovers who lived together inside a van, according to records and neighbors. The killer couple, David N. Anderson, 47, and Francine Graham, 50, — who died in a gun battle with cops — met about two years ago 

odd that all the initial reports referred to the shooters as "juveniles" 

The "religious fanatic"part is that they were members of the Black Hebrew Israelite group who are a hateful bunch of anti-Semites.

So,  the narrative is way off, just ignore it.

MORE:

JERSEY CITY SHOOTER WAS ONE-TIME BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITE:

If the name Black Hebrew Israelites sounds familiar, that’s because members of that group were the ones who screamed bigotry at Nick Sandmann and the rest of the Covington Catholic kids at the Lincoln Memorial back in January… As Sandmann noted a few days later:

“They called us ‘racists,’ ‘bigots,’ ‘white crackers,’ ‘f*gg*ts’ and ‘***** kids.’ They also taunted an African-American student from my school by telling him that we would ‘harvest his organs.’ I have no idea what that insult means, but it was startling to hear,” Sandmann wrote.

Nice guys. And then, of course, 99% of the news outlets in the entire world tried to ruin Sandmann’s life because he was wearing a MAGA hat as he smiled awkwardly at a Native American man who was banging a drum in his face.* The Black Hebrew Israelites who started the whole thing were almost entirely ignored. They didn’t fit the narrative.

I suspect that’s what will happen with this shooting, too.

As Ace writes, “Enjoy the last few moments you’ll ever hear of this story… they’re black, not white, and affiliated with leftwing politics, not Trump, so we won’t hear about this any more, and the only thing we will hear about is not hate, but GUNS. Ben Shapiro made that point last week — whenever the killer is someone associated with part of the Democrat coalition, or expresses leftwing sentiments online, suddenly the media doesn’t want to talk about hatred or political rhetoric inspiring violence, but only Deadly Demon-Guns.”

Which isn’t too far off from Jon Gabriel’s 2015 chart on how the DNC-MSM covers shootings:

exjon_media-narrative-chart_3-22-17-539x

Oh, and incidentally: Jersey City shooters are also suspects in murder of NJ Uber driver.

HUFFPO: Republican Group Hits Donald Trump With Scathing New Billboard Campaign. 

“A conservative group is targeting House Republicans with a digital billboard campaign that is heavily critical of President Donald Trump.”

“Conservative.”

The big names behind the group are Bill Kristol, Mona Charen, Linda Chavez, Sarah Longwell, and Andy Zwick. Or as the group’s Wikipedia page notes, “Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin calls the ads ‘devastating’ to Trump’s credibility.”

Someone’s credibility is devastated, that’s for sure.

47 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Two things journalists never grow tired of: drinking at crappy DC bars and carrying Warren's water.

Another great comment.

Warren 2020: Where What Matters is neither Winning or Losing, but the Friends We've Made Along the Way. Please pitch in $25 now.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

FTFY ;) :beer: 

If she's elected, I'm starting a concerted campaign to call her "President Chingachgook."

Actually...if she's nominated, I'll just tweet that to Trump and let him take it viral.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

ing-race-for-the-white-house-cnn-sasquat

bull####.  Sasquatch is above this crap.

• Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

If she's elected, I'm starting a concerted campaign to call her "President Chingachgook."

Actually...if she's nominated, I'll just tweet that to Trump and let him take it viral.

bull####.  Sasquatch is above this crap.

don't mess with Sasquatch