Post your Super Bowl Menu!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tried one this past weekend. It was disgusting. My wife thought that she could tolerate the cheese. She was up all night.

Ugh--we're lucky, Mrs. Bandit doesn't have it that bad; her problems are more on the inconvenience/annoyance scale as opposed to the pain/discomfort scale.

I'm going to do wings again this year, per usual. I usually make my traditional "hot" sauce with Franks and some other stuff, and my kids really like wings with old bay seasoning. Last year I did some honey & garlic that went over pretty well. I'm thinking about trying something new this year. Any fun ideas for wing flavors?

Reading through this, TBD knows how to cook!

Not fully sure what my plans are (my usual party crew is out of town / has moved / have kids this year), but I WILL be cooking, even if only for me!

I plan on some sort of Sous Vide meat (pork shoulder, short ribs, maybe a big fat steak), maybe a Buffalo chicken dip situation and some sort of a special desert (using my trip to Colorado this past weekend as inspiration).

I'll wash it all down with some High Life's or Lawson's Super Session #2.

Now I just have to find a party to bring to my party! :D:beer:

It has been tough. It's all the things (e.g., seasonings, sauces, etc...) that you don't think about. Meat and veggies, meat and veggies, meat and veggies.

It could be worse: I have a friend who is allergic to EGGS. They are hiding everywhere! Even in some red wines! That shocked me. Another friend became allergic to red meat as an adult (apparently as a result of a tick bite - weird!) He carries an epipen with him everywhere. As much as it may suck, it could always be worse (I keep telling myself).

But yes, meat and roasted broccoli gets so tiring I sometimes just cook for her. I'm sick of it.

It could be worse: I have a friend who is allergic to EGGS. They are hiding everywhere! Even in some red wines! That shocked me. Another friend became allergic to red meat as an adult (apparently as a result of a tick bite - weird!) He carries an epipen with him everywhere. As much as it may suck, it could always be worse (I keep telling myself).

But yes, meat and roasted broccoli gets so tiring I sometimes just cook for her. I'm sick of it.

[private message to Augie] Want to make a deal? Kill each other's wives? Let me know...I want pizza [private message to Augie]

I'm going to do wings again this year, per usual. I usually make my traditional "hot" sauce with Franks and some other stuff, and my kids really like wings with old bay seasoning. Last year I did some honey & garlic that went over pretty well. I'm thinking about trying something new this year. Any fun ideas for wing flavors?

For a new twist on wings - bread the wings and go with a spicy asian style sauce. Been eating them that way lately- wicked good.

Bread the wings with what? I'm a slave to rice and tapioca flour these days due to the gluten thingy. Sounds good though. Soy or teriyaki based? What else in there?

Wife and I don't have gluten issues - so we bread with egg and Italian seasoned bread crumbs.

As far as the sauce goes - I have tried various Asian sauces from Supermarkets which were good. The best sauce I have had comes from a bar out in Strykersville NY - called the Flipside. Take 400 to 20A east veer right on route 78 - bar is on left hand side.

It is called Abbott sauce. (Owner's concoction I guess)

You can buy it by the jar there (about $5 per jar). Or stop out there and try the breaded wings with medium Abbott sauce - They are among the best tasting wings I have had in my life. You have to get the breaded wings though. They are definitely better than regular wings. Thinking about them is making me hungry.

Don't know if you can handle it with the gluten issue or not. Not sure how much gluten you get from the breading or the sauce. But damn those wings are wicked good. The medium wings aren't hot at all. So if you like more heat - order the wings Abbott hot.

Edited by PolishDave

[private message to Augie] Want to make a deal? Kill each other's wives? Let me know...I want pizza [private message to Augie]

Imstead of Strangers on a Train, you two should just spouse swap, but for each other. Sure the sex will be horribly painful, but, well...

PIZZA AND SPAGHETTI

For real though, I cut all of that crap out of my diet (whole30), and am down 40 lbs. Feel a lot better, but boy do I miss beer and pizza on Friday night!

For the superbowl, I am going to smoke up a bunch of collosal shrimp, maybe a pork butt and make pulled pork and vinegar slaw...

Go...

We always have foods from the two cities being represented in the game. I am so freaking tired of NE foods! That said...

Sam Adams

Sweet tea & vodka

NE clam chowder

Lobster rolls

Fried chicken

Peach cobbler

Pecan pie

Thread is TL;DR... so

For your theme: I love Fried Clams in a hot dog roll. Back in the day, Friendly's Restaurant had the "Clam Boat" on their menu. You could make it with frozen clams strips... no problem.

Your Southern menu is well represented. You could throw down some Whoopie Pies without effort.

Pulled beef, pulled pork, and pulled chicken tacos; loaded nachos with queso and black bean dip, French dip sliders, Stromboli, clam cakes and NE chowder, fried chicken and waffles, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate cheese cake.

Good call on the cheese cake, I'm going to steal that idea. That will keep the lady happy.

Pulled Pork but I'm not happy about it

Had that two years ago.

It can be like Super Bowl cities, they always come back around, but it shouldn't be too soon. I feel ya! (Though I'm free to stop by to help rid you of the dreaded pulled pork!)

Mild beef chili

Spicy chicken chili

Italian-style chicken cutlets

BBQ beef brisket

Antipasto salad

Sausage/cream cheese/tomato dip

Stuffed banana peppers

Cheese and fruit trays

Mexican chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake

Vanilla-raspberry cheesecake

A few dozen Paula's donuts

Ohhhhhh yeah!!!!!!

Go...

We always have foods from the two cities being represented in the game. I am so freaking tired of NE foods! That said...

Sam Adams

Sweet tea & vodka

NE clam chowder

Lobster rolls

Fried chicken

Peach cobbler

Pecan pie

I understand the theme thing, but how do watch the superbowl without chili?

I must admit, these might be my favorite threads. foodies doin food.

I likely won't watch the game though.

Maybe i will roast some beets. lol

Have a Buddy going down to Ohio for work next two days. I asked him to pick me up a can of Skyline chili if it is still around ( yes i know, I eat organics and all that healthy crap 90% ) but sometimes..

But I am from Cinci many moons ago.

If i get some .. I am making five way chili. some of you know what I mean

Yolo ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Have a Buddy going down to Ohio for work next two days. I asked him to pick me up a can of Skyline chili if it is still around ( yes i know, I eat organics and all that healthy crap 90% ) but sometimes..

Yolo ?

yes you can still buy cans of Skyline here and we have a nice Skyline down the street BUT it is better in Cincy than Cbus for whatever reason.

Wegmans sub tray and a bunch of snacks..

you should be lashed with a wet noodle ten times for lack of effort.

points for honesty do not counter weight this.

yes you can still buy cans of Skyline here and we have a nice Skyline down the street BUT it is better in Cincy than Cbus for whatever reason.

some things i miss from decades ago.

heck at one point i missed White Castles. Imagine that !

Go...

Sam Adams

Sweet tea & vodka

NE clam chowder

Lobster rolls

Fried chicken

Peach cobbler

Pecan pie

Wow. What's your address?

we had that last year to represent Carolina.

Did you put coleslaw on top of your sandwich? I hear that's how they can tell who the yankees are.

I go oven, so that's out, but the sauce looks a lot simpler than the one I use. A zillion ingredients does not necessarily make it better. I was mostly wondering if it was vinegar or mustard. I forget who does which. I've done both and prefer the vinegar. Had excellent BBQ in Nashville today at my new go to place. I showed up at 11:15am expecting to be way too early, then was glad to get a decent table.

Yolo ?

Dude, you can get Skyline locally. We always have it in the cupboard. Wife gets it either at Tops or Wegmans - one of them sells it one doesn't. I think it is Wegmans that carries it. It is heaven over the top of spaghetti. - With onions and cheese yes please. We stop and eat at a Skyline every time we are in southern Ohio. I would think those restaurants would do well here in WNY.