The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Stock Market looking really pleased with a Biden lead. :) 

Republican hold onto Senate and the market it being driven by a stimulus prediction.  Biden isn't even in office, and you already credit for it?!  lol  I'm sure all his plans he put in is driving it.  O wait, he isn't in office.

Let's see the market when he locks everything down.  Let's see the market when corporations start to outsource.  Let's see the market when jobs are gone because he lifts Chinese tariffs.  Let's see the market Biden kills the oil industry with restrictions. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Republican hold onto Senate and the market it being driven by a stimulus prediction.  Biden isn't even in office, and you already credit for it?!  lol  I'm sure all his plans he put in is driving it.  O wait, he isn't in office.

Let's see the market when he locks everything down.  Let's see the market when corporations start to outsource.  Let's see the market when jobs are gone because he lifts Chinese tariffs.  Let's see the market Biden kills the oil industry with restrictions. 

Which Jobs did the Chinese tariffs bring back?  

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No it likes the fact that the R’s still hold the Senate and picked up seats in the House. 

Nope.  It doesn’t care about the margin in the House.  It likes the fact that there will be a moderate government, hope for a stimulus package, and an executive who will actually do something about the COVID-19 pandemic.  The market much prefers Biden + R senate + D House to status quo of hoaxes, Hunter Biden’s laptop, stop the count, keep the count going, fake news liberal media, airing of personal grievances, masks are for losers, and all of the other wearisome garbage it has seen from the Oval Office over the past few years.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  It doesn’t care about the margin in the House.  It likes the fact that there will be a moderate government, hope for a stimulus package, and an executive who will actually do something about the COVID-19 pandemic.  The market much prefers Biden + R senate + D House to status quo of hoaxes, Hunter Biden’s laptop, stop the count, keep the count going, fake news liberal media, airing of personal grievances, masks are for losers, and all of the other wearisome garbage it has seen from the Oval Office over the past few years.  

And you'd be wrong as usual.  Going with your "feels" again?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-stock-markets-dow-update-11-05-2020-11604558023?mod=markets_lead_pos1

Investors’ anticipation of a divided government—which could make it more difficult to accomplish major legislative overhauls, including raising corporate taxes and regulating technology companies—has fueled sustained optimism on Wall Street this week, pushing major stock indexes closer to their record highs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And you'd be wrong as usual.  Going with your "feels" again?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-stock-markets-dow-update-11-05-2020-11604558023?mod=markets_lead_pos1

Hoax.  See moderate comment.  Your fool of a president is on the way out, and the economy will be better for it.  And you want to be my financial adviser...

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No it likes the fact that the R’s still hold the Senate and picked up seats in the House. 

Except this isn't true.  The 2 last seats are going to be run-offs, but I see you listened to Rush Limburger or someone who used that talking point.  

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  See moderate comment.  Your fool of a president is on the way out, and the economy will be better for it.  And you want to be my financial adviser...

See moderate comment?  What does that mean?  And yeah the economy sure sucked balls when he was President pre-Covid.  

I want to be your Chef.  I'd rather tinker with something you're going to ingest vs your plan.  Wait a minute.  ***** with your plan will kill you slowly.   Hmmmm decisions decisions.  

37 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Except this isn't true.  The 2 last seats are going to be run-offs, but I see you listened to Rush Limburger or someone who used that talking point.  

I listened to Rush Limburger?  Isn't that cute.  What makes you think I listen to him....or someone else? 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

See moderate comment?  What does that mean?  And yeah the economy sure sucked balls when he was President pre-Covid.  

I want to be your Chef.  I'd rather tinker with something you're going to ingest vs your plan.  Wait a minute.  ***** with your plan will kill you slowly.   Hmmmm decisions decisions.  

I listened to Rush Limburger?  Isn't that cute.  What makes you think I listen to him....or someone else? 

I heard him say earlier the stock market did good, because the Senate was held(which it isn't)

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I knew you’d want to work for me!  Unfortunately there are no chef positions open now.  But I encourage you to apply later. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s the Senate.  I was hoping dems would win that so they could get a public option through but a Dem moderate president with a Republican Congress is the best Wall Street (and us) could hope for.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So because he said that and I said something similar I listen to him?  And it’s “the market did well”. 

Let's cut to the chase.  The Senate isn't not held, correct?  Are both you and Rush Limbaugh wrong?????

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hate week ended a few months ago.  And, for what it’s worth, comments like that one are going to haunt you int the interview process.  

Yes but what will be laced will taste sooooooooo good I'll get the job AND my goal.  

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes but what will be laced will taste sooooooooo good I'll get the job AND my goal.  

You’re pretty easily triggered if you’re fantasizing about poisoning someone who disagrees with you on the internet.  That is messed up. 

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Worst economy in US history for the worst president in US History. I hope he enjoys Moscow winters.

https://capaction.medium.com/president-trump-has-the-worst-economic-record-in-recorded-history-65f632376fef

That's an insanely stupid article.  It basically attributes the actions of mayors and governors to the president.  

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/08/election-stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded 1,305 points higher, or 4.6%, and hit an all-time high. At its session high, the 30-stock average was up nearly 5.7%, or more than 1,600 points.

The S&P 500 also reached a record, popping 3.1%. The small-cap Russell 2000 index gained 5.7%. The Nasdaq Composite was the relative underperformer, trading 0.7% higher.

The announcement was seen on Wall Street as a sign that the pharmaceutical industry may soon have a viable way to control a disease that has derailed the U.S. economy for much of 2020 and has killed more than 230,000 Americans.

The 90% effective rate from Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech was better than what the market was expecting. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has said that a vaccine that was 50% to 60% effective would be acceptable.

“Amazing news from Pfizer with 90% efficacy. This hopefully is the beginning of the end of our fight against Covid,” Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer at Bleakley Advisory Group, wrote in an email.

“As I’ve been saying on the hopes of this, we need to shift our attention to those parts of the market that have been the most hammered because of Covid and away from the work from home stocks that have had such an incredible year because Covid is not forever,” he added.

28 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Yes, thanks for losing in a landslide!!!!! 😂😂😂

Exactly it is a representation of what is happening, Stocks are rising b.c of the positive nature of the Stimulus Bill.

Edited by TBBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The economy as we knew it might be over, Fed Chairman says

New York (CNN Business)The Covid-19 pandemic brought the economy to a screeching halt, and while it has started its long road to recovery, the economy we knew is probably a thing of the past, said Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell on Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/economy/economy-after-covid-powell/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

The economy as we knew it might be over, Fed Chairman says

New York (CNN Business)The Covid-19 pandemic brought the economy to a screeching halt, and while it has started its long road to recovery, the economy we knew is probably a thing of the past, said Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell on Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/economy/economy-after-covid-powell/index.html

#TrumpsLegacy

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm not a huge trump fan, but what more do you think could have been done for the economy in the wake of Covid?  Frankly, I'm astounded that the markets rebounded as well as they have.

Perhaps the FED buying $3 trillion in assets from March to June helped a little bit....

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm not a huge trump fan, but what more do you think could have been done for the economy in the wake of Covid?  Frankly, I'm astounded that the markets rebounded as well as they have.

Another covid relief bill, to pump up consumer spending and save small businesses 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Itll probably happen, but that money has to be paid back eventually.  What we really need is the vaccine. 

Right but even coming in at the record pace it is the vaccine isn't likely to get to the general public until the spring, this is going to be a rough winter even if we don't all lock down again people need help hell people need help from what's happened so far not to mention the winter that is to come.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, Warcodered said:

Right but even coming in at the record pace it is the vaccine isn't likely to get to the general public until the spring, this is going to be a rough winter even if we don't all lock down again people need help hell people need help from what's happened so far not to mention the winter that is to come.

Not necessarily true. I heard an interview with an administration official who said they have literally MILLIONS of doses stockpiled in warehouses and ready to ship right now, supposedly within a weekend. They took the gamble and just had them produce it. It’ll be administered to the elderly and immune deficient first, and then to the general population. It’ll be interesting to see how much of that is true.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not necessarily true. I heard an interview with an administration official who said they have literally MILLIONS of doses stockpiled in warehouses and ready to ship right now, supposedly within a weekend. They took the gamble and just had them produce it. It’ll be administered to the elderly and immune deficient first, and then to the general population. It’ll be interesting to see how much of that is true.

Keep in mind the Phizer vaccine requires crazy conditions for it to be properly transported. I think I read that it has to be kept at -90 degrees and the infrastructure to get it to smaller, rural communities is practically non existent. 

The Moderna vaccine is much easier to transport and distribute. 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:32 PM, TPS said:

Perhaps the FED buying $3 trillion in assets from March to June helped a little bit....

Most certainly.  

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Keep in mind the Phizer vaccine requires crazy conditions for it to be properly transported. I think I read that it has to be kept at -90 degrees and the infrastructure to get it to smaller, rural communities is practically non existent. 

The Moderna vaccine is much easier to transport and distribute. 

I would think the smart play would be to roll out the Phizer to the first responders and elderly/immunocompromised in urban areas where these conditions would be more easily met, with the Moderna targeting the suburban/rural areas.