The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, baskin said:

Is there a response to my question in there?

yes, there is no such thing as legit full employment

and it hasn't been a goal of Western countries since 1973 or so.

so you are very silly to talk about full employment.

it is my understanding that the majority of college grads under the age of 35 consider themselves very under-employed, there's a topic you can run with.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I suspect the other DNC mid-term push will be their other big growth program: economic growth by increasing the welfare rolls, based on the fact that every dollar spent on welfare returns $1.50 to the economy.

The math is settled!!

Math, like science, can only truly be settled if there's a consensus.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Can’t say anything good is happening if you are the drive by media 

or 33, a drive by poster.  Gotta work on your troll bot program. 

You are far and away the most opinionated Canadian here.  Most Canadian folks would be a little shy about constantly criticizing the US.  Russians trolls are not at all shy though, like you.

I would suggest too that Canadians apologize a lot more than your program.  You need to add in a lot more soory's to your data set if your cover is as a Canadian.  If looking, your comments add very little short of divisiveness. 

Trump will name Kudlow to replace Cohn.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/trump-to-name-larry-kudlow-as-gary-cohn-replacement.html

Interesting pick. He's very much a free trader kind of guy.

He was in the Reagan White House previously and also colluded with Trump on economic issues during his successful Presidential campaign in which he defeated Hillary Clinton. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Trump will name Kudlow to replace Cohn.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/trump-to-name-larry-kudlow-as-gary-cohn-replacement.html

Interesting pick. He's very much a free trader kind of guy.

He was in the Reagan White House previously and also colluded with Trump on economic issues during his successful Presidential campaign in which he defeated Hillary Clinton. 

voice of reason on the McLaughlin Group for awhile, got caught up in the Bright Lights Big City and needed a little respite....

Edited by row_33

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You are an expert on few friendz

You don’t know anything about me. 

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Butt hurt he didn’t interview you for the job?:huh:

He’s not my friend. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

By that measure, find me someone who isn't a hack.

I can give you some names of people who predicted the biggest financial crisis since 1929, something kudlow got spectacularly wrong.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

I can give you some names of people who predicted the biggest financial crisis since 1929, something kudlow got spectacularly wrong.

All four or five of them?  Do they want the job?  Probably not.  All I'm saying is that the article you cited cherry picked five statements Kudlow made. Predicting the economy isn't an exact science and I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of predictors got it just as wrong as Kudlow.

no clue 

crop_90Botsford171011Trump20770.JPG?t=20170517a

President Trump boasted that he insisted to the Canadian prime minister that the United States runs a trade deficit with its neighbor to the north. But, he said, “I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea.” The U.S. trade representative's office says the country has a trade surplus, not a deficit, with Canada.
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

no clue 

crop_90Botsford171011Trump20770.JPG?t=20170517a

President Trump boasted that he insisted to the Canadian prime minister that the United States runs a trade deficit with its neighbor to the north. But, he said, “I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea.” The U.S. trade representative's office says the country has a trade surplus, not a deficit, with Canada.

He just spews what ever he feels like whether it's true or not. Plenty of reporters keeping track of his YUGE list of "untruths."  They call them "untruths" because some of them are not actual lies, but he's just too stupid to know what he's talking about. Plenty of them are flat out lies. Leadership! 

15 hours ago, snafu said:

All four or five of them?  Do they want the job?  Probably not.  All I'm saying is that the article you cited cherry picked five statements Kudlow made. Predicting the economy isn't an exact science and I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of predictors got it just as wrong as Kudlow.

As I mentioned, Trump will only bring in someone he likes or toadies, and the only other people who might come in are those who like the spotlight. Trump likes Kudlow (for now), and Kudlow likes the spotlight--2 out of 3.  As for his qualifications, read what others have to say about him.

Meh. Looks like a misstep on the tariffs overall but a move in the right direction on China (as predicted)...can’t get too upset if the end result lands feet first. Here’s to hoping they can get the right advice (and people) in place going forward to avoid the progress/backstep trade dance.

45 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope the "Trump Economy" drains Lake Michigan.  Then he can be accused of acting just like Obama. :lol:

Business looks booming for me! :D

That's one big swamp!

HA HA!! But Obama was accused of filling up Lake Ontario till it overflowed! :lol:

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Bernie Sanders proposed the exact thing Trump is doing.  Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Ohio voters will be happy.

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bernie Sanders proposed the exact thing Trump is doing.  Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Ohio voters will be happy.

In Trump's America the best ideas are used, even those from Bernie.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Market took a dive.  

Tarrifs increase product prices 

Farmers taking a hit.  

So much for the tax break to “help” Americans.  

An idiot gotta be an idiot.

We'll see if he has enough gumption to pivot 

Looks like the Republicans are stabbing the President in the back with this 1.3 trillion dollar spending bill, with very little funding toward the border wall.

I guess illegal immigrants truly are welcome in this country.

http://www.goerie.com/news/20180323/erie-insurance-to-give-1000-bonus-to-employees

Erie Insurance CEO Tim NeCastro called an all-employee meeting Wednesday to deliver a bit of good news — a few million dollars worth of good news, in fact.

Like many corporations, the company was expected to benefit from the new tax code that President Donald Trump signed into law in December.

NeCastro has announced that the company will share those benefits with its employees by giving a $1,000 cash bonus to permanent full-and part-time employees.

In addition, the company will contribute $1,000 to the account of any employee who has a 401 (k) retirement savings plan.

So what do all of those thousand-dollar bonuses add up to?

With 5,400 people employed by Erie Insurance nationwide — about 2,800 of them in Erie — it sounds at first like there’s a potential impact of about $10.8 million. But it will likely work out to be a bit less than that.

To start with, neither NeCastro nor the company’s other top executives will benefit. The company said executives and senior leaders will not receive the bonus. And temporary employees will receive $100.

Although not all employees are eligible for the company’s 401(k) program, spokeswoman Sara Erhartic said 92 percent of employees who are eligible are already participating in the plan.

Faced with the possibility of leaving $1,000 on the table, employees who don’t participate are being given the opportunity to enroll and to receive the $1,000 payment, she said.

When tax reform was passed late in 2017, many political figures expressed the hope that some of the savings realized by corporations would trickle down to employees in the form of pay raises and bonuses.

Employees at Erie Insurance, the only Fortune 500 company based in Erie, aren’t the first local employees to benefit.

In December, Pittsburgh-based PNC Bank, which has numerous branches in Erie and Crawford counties, announced it would provide an additional $1,500 for employees in their existing pension accounts and make a cash payment of $1,000 each to about 47,500 employees during the first quarter of 2018.

Additionally, the bank said it would raise its minimum rate of pay to $15 an hour by the end of 2018, accelerating an existing goal.

Other companies to use the tax savings to award bonuses to employees include Walmart, which paid up to $1,000, Nationwide, JetBlue and Comcast, all of which paid bonuses of $1,000.