The Trump Economy

GG

Your memory is going with old age. Don't you remember Pasta Joe telling everyone how Cash For Clunkers is going to revive car sales? Good times.

You mean the 53% who pay no federal income tax should pay less?

Obtuse much? of course not, but people in the 33% could use one for sure.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be repeated frequently.

The funny part is, I remember a few years ago, it actually came up that we should give the non-taxed people a refund of some sort when taxes were cut for everyone else,

because THAT WOULD BE FAIR !

The funny part is, I remember a few years ago, it actually came up that we should give the non-taxed people a refund of some sort when taxes were cut for everyone else,

They still pay (the majority of non-federal income tax paying people) Medicare payroll and SS taxes, as well as applicable GE, sales, and state taxes. It's not that they pay no taxes at all.

My personal favorite liberal economic talking point -- a Nancy Pelosi special -- is that every $1 given to welfare recipients returns $1.30 back to the economy.

Want to jolt the economy? WELFARE FOR EVERYONE!!! :lol:

My personal favorite liberal economic talking point -- a Nancy Pelosi special -- is that every $1 given to welfare recipients returns $1.30 back to the economy.

Want to jolt the economy? WELFARE FOR EVERYONE!!! :lol:

Did you forget that she said that extending unemployment benefits would reduce unemployment? She's so smart I have her on a level with Maxine Waters.

Your memory is going with old age. Don't you remember Pasta Joe telling everyone how Cash For Clunkers is going to revive car sales? Good times.

Well, some not only pay not taxes, but they get returns to boot. So, I guess that's paying less taxes in a manner of speaking.

Trade deals are still going on despite Trump's protectionist idiocy

http://www.thebusinessjournal.com/eu-japan-hail-free-trade-deal-message-world/

The leaders said in a statement that the EU and Japan demonstrate to the world and to our citizens that free trade remains vital to boost living standards.

Countering calls for protectionism, EU Council President Donald Tusk said that the political agreement proves that the world doesnt need to go back 100 years back in time, when open trade was not as prevalent.

Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said it sends a strong message to the world and both leaders will be able to make that point when they are at Group of 20 summit of world leaders in Hamburg, Germany, on Friday.

The deal, clinched Wednesday before Abes arrival, covers regions equivalent to one third of the world economy.

Since it was a political agreement meaning some details have to still be filled in the timing of the deal after four years of talks was key.

Abe and Tusk will be able to hold the deal up as evidence against any claims that major free trade deals are something of the past.

Some are saying that the time of isolationism and disintegration is coming again, we are demonstrating that this is not the case, said Tusk.

At the Hamburg summit, U.S. President Donald Trump and his America First motto will be at odds with many others.