The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for Shady.........

n-Ic9nBO_bigger.jpg Washington PostVerified account @washingtonpost 7h7 hours ago

U.S. job growth rebounds in June, calming fears of an economic slowdown

The U.S. jobs market added 222,000 jobs to their payrolls. That was much higher than economists had expected. (Reuters)

The momentum in the U.S. labor market picked up in June, new government data showed Friday, as employers surpassed the expectations of most economists by adding 222,000 jobs.

The unemployment rate ticked up to 4.4 percent, from 4.3 percent in May, but it did so for a good reason — more people joined the labor force to look for work. The Labor Department also revised its estimates for job gains in April and May, raising the combined figure by 47,000 jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/06/what-to-watch-for-in-the-june-jobs-report/?utm_term=.4e2b4f1aa3a1

Bad news for Shady.........

The U.S. jobs market added 222,000 jobs to their payrolls. That was much higher than economists had expected. (Reuters)

The momentum in the U.S. labor market picked up in June, new government data showed Friday, as employers surpassed the expectations of most economists by adding 222,000 jobs.

The unemployment rate ticked up to 4.4 percent, from 4.3 percent in May, but it did so for a good reason — more people joined the labor force to look for work. The Labor Department also revised its estimates for job gains in April and May, raising the combined figure by 47,000 jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/06/what-to-watch-for-in-the-june-jobs-report/?utm_term=.4e2b4f1aa3a1

Why were the actual jobs created consistently lower than predicted throughout Obama's administration then suddenly higher than predicted during Trump's?

What changed? (besides the President).

Which is still less than is needed to keep pace with the natural growth of the labor force

Why were the actual jobs created consistently lower than predicted throughout Obama's administration then suddenly higher than predicted during Trump's?

What changed? (besides the President).

Don't worry, once the talking heads realize they have exhausted the Russia narrative they'll move on to the economy. Whereas +200k jobs during the Obama years was 'the economy keeps adding new jobs' the narrative will become 'why are only 200k jobs being created?'

I don't give a **** what the dumbass was referring to. No one ever blamed the recession on Obama.

No, the Republicans just thought it should end beyond super quick, and that was Obamas fault because...just because

No, the Republicans just thought it should end beyond super quick, and that was Obamas fault because...just because

So, once again, you were full of **** when you said people blamed the recession on Obama? Thanks for the admitting that

Edited by Chef Jim

So, once again, you were full of **** when you said people blamed the recession on Obama? Thanks for the admitting that

Well, debatable, Rush Limbo called it the Obama Recession before he was even sworn in, so is Rush a person or a bag of trash covered in maggots that some people consider humanoid?

Well, debatable, Rush Limbo called it the Obama Recession before he was even sworn in, so is Rush a person or a bag of trash covered in maggots that some people consider humanoid?

Why is it the only people who seem to pay attention to Rush Limbaugh are Democrats?

Why is it the only people who seem to pay attention to Rush Limbaugh are Democrats?

Ha ha ha!! Ya right, he doesn't make all his money off of liberals. No one wants to admit they like him and try and disown him and other Conservative leaders because they are hateful jerks. Rush is loved by Conservatives, he is worshipped by them and he knows it.

It's hilarious...other than my uncle about 20 years ago, I can't remember anyone, ever mentioning Rush Limbaugh to me who wasn't a leftard on a snowflake rant.

And besides, on the rare occasion I'm in the car alone, for long enough to listen to anything, and don't feel like music, I prefer the rantings of Mark Levin. :lol:

It's hilarious...other than my uncle about 20 years ago, I can't remember anyone, ever mentioning Rush Limbaugh to me who wasn't a leftard on a snowflake rant.

And besides, on the rare occasion I'm in the car alone, for long enough to listen to anything, and don't feel like music, I prefer the rantings of Mark Levin. :lol:

His voice though. Annoying.

Trump officials open border to 15,000 more foreign workers

The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage, seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump's "Hire American" rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from the fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.

The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters Monday.

The Department of Homeland Security on Monday announced a one-time increase of 15,000 additional visas for low-wage, seasonal workers for the remainder of this fiscal year, a seeming about-face from President Trump's "Hire American" rhetoric, following heavy lobbying from the fisheries, hospitality and other industries that rely on temporary foreign workers.
The increase represents a 45 percent bump from the number of H-2B visas normally issued for the second half of the fiscal year, said senior Homeland Security officials in a call with reporters Monday.

Good, the economy needs more workers. :thumbsup:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/17/trump-officials-order-15000-new-visas-for-low-wage-workers/

Despite what people like to believe, you can't change things overnight.

The new jobs, min wage, P/T started by Clinton and unfair trade laws , H-2B and illegal immigration keeping wages low

A lot of people have given up imo

59,000 to 65,000 died from overdoses in the US in 2016 and rising
Drug Deaths in America Are Rising Faster Than Ever

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/05/upshot/opioid-epidemic-drug-overdose-deaths-are-rising-faster-than-ever.html

The new jobs, min wage, P/T started by Clinton and unfair trade laws , H-2B and illegal immigration keeping wages low

A lot of people have given up imo

59,000 to 65,000 died from overdoses in the US in 2016 and rising
Drug Deaths in America Are Rising Faster Than Ever

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/05/upshot/opioid-epidemic-drug-overdose-deaths-are-rising-faster-than-ever.html

The US is starting to recognize the opium crisis. It makes the crack years look like a picnic.