Watkins retweets: does he want D. Watson?

No Watson @ #10 please. He's not the guy. I hope he throws at the combine, but he probably wont. Even at his Pro Day you will see why he's not worth it.

Not being a doosh, well i am dooshbag but, why are you opposed to it? I havent seen him play enough to form a solid opinion.

Edited by Marty McFly

No Watson @ #10 please. He's not the guy. I hope he throws at the combine, but he probably wont. Even at his Pro Day you will see why he's not worth it.

That's not likely . The only guy in recent memory who's pro- day cost him in the draft was Bridgewater. The Pro- day is such a controlled thing in a familiar environment , it's actually stunning if a guy doesn't look good there. We don't really know if Watson will be good or not . Even the big buck execs get it wrong half the time.

I have nothing against Watson . That said it would be nice for the bills to get their hands on a qb that can succeed in the pocket. I look at Watson as a better version of Taylor . Taylor is limited and below average. Watson could be above average but still limited. It could be I am overly enamored with the proto Typical 6'4 plus 240 qb. I may be proven wrong. I guess what I am saying if it my call the traditional qb is the one I am taking my shot .

Watson aside do you think it is possible we could draft Rex's kid?

I would think that last thing Terry wants is Rex handing around the building. Rex isn;t the worst coach in the world but looking back Terry grabbed the girl with the biggest breasts then realized he had to live with her. Seems like the new guy is more his style

Drafting another Clemson player in Philadelphia would be pretty ironic. It would be kind of full circle, McDermott, Castillo, McCoy, Watkins and Lawson, that's an awful lot of dots connected!

The icing on the cake is if McDerott would reach out to Brian Dawkins (former Clemson player) and add him to his staff (secondary asst?).

That's not likely . The only guy in recent memory who's pro- day cost him in the draft was Bridgewater. The Pro- day is such a controlled thing in a familiar environment , it's actually stunning if a guy doesn't look good there. We don't really know if Watson will be good or not . Even the big buck execs get it wrong half the time.

Matt Barkley had a bad pro day too. It definitely cost him.

I would think that last thing Terry wants is Rex handing around the building. Rex isn;t the worst coach in the world but looking back Terry grabbed the girl with the biggest breasts then realized he had to live with her. Seems like the new guy is more his style

Wait a minute. We took Rex because of his manboobs?

The icing on the cake is if McDerott would reach out to Brian Dawkins (former Clemson player) and add him to his staff (secondary asst?).

LMAO is Dawkins gonna coach our DBs? As long as its as an assistant that would be cool. Still think we missed out by letting Donnie walk, all of our younger CBs regressed.

Screw Sammy, he walks out of bonds without having the first down in overtime against Miami. He is gutless and part of the problem. He is more concerned about himself than the team. He has talent, just to self centered.

I would disagree with you....but that 2nd down and Pu$$y play really pissed me off. SMH....thats a play where a player like Andre Reed, Hines Ward, Wes Welker or Larry Fitzgerald would have pushed through for the 1st.

LMAO is Dawkins gonna coach our DBs? As long as its as an assistant that would be cool. Still think we missed out by letting Donnie walk, all of our younger CBs regressed.

I would disagree with you....but that 2nd down and Pu$$y play really pissed me off. SMH....thats a play where a player like Andre Reed, Hines Ward, Wes Welker or Larry Fitzgerald would have pushed through for the 1st.

I think we are talking about the same play. Buffalo was at their own 33, 2nd and 10. There is 4;19 left in OT. Sammy catches the ball on the left side of the field, takes it up field to the 40 and steps out of bounds to avoid contact after gaining 7 yards.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

as much as I hate julian analman, even he would have fought for the yard, that play was some kitty ****

I still love Sam I Am though

as much as I hate julian analman, even he would have fought for the yard, that play was some kitty ****

I still love Sam I Am though

Hell, he could have stretched out and dove and got real close to the marker without taking a hit. Then it would have been third and one. The O line was dominating, and if they didn't make it on the first try, Rex probably goes for it then, instead of punting and sealing his fate.

Hell, he could have stretched out and dove and got real close to the marker without taking a hit. Then it would have been third and one. The O line was dominating, and if they didn't make it on the first try, Rex probably goes for it then, instead of punting and sealing his fate.

pretty selfish play

Not being a doosh, well i am dooshbag but, why are you opposed to it? I havent seen him play enough to form a solid opinion.

He is not considered a good passer. Big question marks on whether he can be an effective passer at the next level. Even in his fabled performance to win the National Championship, his WR's bailed him out major on 3 different critical throws late in the game where the ball was woefully thrown and Mike Williams made 2 epic catches and so did Cain. Think Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans. All this buzz was around Johnny despite major question marks if his abilities could translate at the NFL level. Watson has similar question marks about his ability to throw accurately. He has 30 interceptions in his last 27 games because he takes too many chances, and he is not that accurate throwing downfield. That number is even more of a concern when you consider that Syracuse runs a lot of screens, bubble screens, and short passes that have high completion rate.

Now, nothing I said means he will be the next Manziel, but you asked what he was talking about and the answer is that he is actually not that accurate of a thrower and like Trent Edwards when he was here, his comp % is padded heavily as a result of short screens and dump offs. Trent was not very accurate past 10 yards, but his comp % was always misleadingly strong because of all the check downs and dump offs. With Watson, its not that he checks down, its that the Syracuse offense runs lots of short strikes, screens, bubble screens, etc. Then when you got the talent he has at WR, they can go up and get balls that aren't on point, further making him look good.

The kid is a gamer, and I wouldn't hate the pick at 10 if, and ONLY if, we officially got rid of Taylor and did NOT bring in a quality or better Vet. But if Taylor is on this team or if we manage to land one of the rumored desired targets like Brees or Cousins, then taking Watson at 10 would be a big mistake IMO because the team can win with Taylor or a good Vet at QB and be dangerous next year. So we would be way better off taking the BPA at the time, and 100% guarantee that is not Watson if he is there at 10.

And if Watson throws at the combine, don't be surprised to see him slip to the bottom half of the first and quite possibly the second round if he doesn't absolutely nail the combine. On most rankings of the drafts prospects, he is not even the top QB prospect and frequently the 3rd guy at QB. Most have him listed somewhere between the 15th overall prospect and the 30th in this draft, even after the National Championship game.

He could still go on and be huge in the NFL, but the reality is that he is not an Elite QB prospect and does have question marks as a passer at the next level. He can definitely elevate his status, just like all the QB prospects, with a strong combine.

How it pertains to the Bills...we already have a dual threat QB who is Elite at making plays with his legs in Taylor. He also throws a pretty good deep ball. The 2 biggest issues with Taylor is that he doesn't take enough chances down field and needs to improve seeing the middle of the field. Right now, Watson doesn't really project to be much different than Taylor's game other than the fact he takes more chances. So is getting rid of Taylor and taking Watson really a path to improvement is the question. And I say no its not, and a lot of other people feel the same way. Most of the Pro Watson crowd drooled after only really watching him play one game, and the game was so exciting that people over looked when some of these questionable traits showed their face in the game.

pretty selfish play

I haven't seen the play since that day and remember being frustrated by it. When I saw the replay I wasn't so sure. He wasn't exactly going to take a kill shot there, the DB was steps away. He took bigger hits in the game than that would have been . The route took him directly to the sideline. Don't know if he was more trying not to stress his foot with a sharp cut there. Looked like he realized his mistake afterward. Maybe a mental error or foot issue than anything else. It wasn't third down. Other players had bigger " lack of effort" plays in that game. I give him half a pass there. Others won't agree.

I think we are talking about the same play. Buffalo was at their own 33, 2nd and 10. There is 4;19 left in OT. Sammy catches the ball on the left side of the field, takes it up field to the 40 and steps out of bounds to avoid contact after gaining 7 yards.

Yep. I have always supported Sammy when fans didnt like his attitude. That play really pissed me off. It was one of the plays that cost us the game. Showed absolutely NO HEART. I never **** on our players but that was bad. I will still defend Watkins but he really let me down there.

Here is Alpha to give you the same opinion presented as fact again... except I now understand why his evaluation of Watson differs so much from mine. He has been watching the Syracuse offense. Watson plays for Clemson.

Well that and his only evidence that Mike Williams is the Mike Evans to Watson's Johnny Football is the Nat'l Championship game. Watson had a WR who made 2 great catches? Basically makes him a bust, IMO.

His accuracy isn't that great. He will wow you with a couple throws and then make you think "wtf?" with others. He is erratic even on his completions. Throws behind or too high or too far out in front. His WR's bailed him out a lot. He will ride that wave of a championship to being overdrafted imo. I hope it's not us.

What are you recommending? The next time that he should grab the girl with the biggest arse? :D