LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me smile knowing the owner of my team wasn't a jackass like that. He threatened to move to RI if the state of Massachusetts did not improve the Infrastructure around the Razor but he paid for the stadium 100% on his own. Sad that is rare amongs all these BILLIONAIRES.

What a joke. Kraft only paid for it himself because MA told him to !@#$ off knowing he'd never abandon the Boston TV market for Hartford. The infrastructure improvements was the compromise after he capitulated.

Maybe like 90% of Pats fans you didn't know NE had a football team prior to 2001.

@latimesFarmer

The Chargers have announced their relocation on Twitter but have yet to contact the Rams.

Yes I'm sure the Rams are totally blindsided by this news. :rolleyes:

Contracts are signed til 2022, no?

If there are 5 years of bad attendance/ratings, how does that help?

Bingo, Out of market games, continually got higher TV ratings than the "Hometown" team.

StubHub Center is a tiny place. Cant believe the NFL would allow this.

SYizVr5-Imgur.jpg

Trying to make Los Angeles and California football happen will be another nail in the NFL coffin.

It was always unstable even when the demographics favored it decades ago. The Rams and the Raiders didn't move around as they did because they simply had too many fans and were making too much money.

The league should be looking at consolidation.

Edited by dpberr

Bingo, Out of market games, continually got higher TV ratings than the "Hometown" team.

StubHub Center is a tiny place. Cant believe the NFL would allow this.

SYizVr5-Imgur.jpg

it's tiny, but it sure is a beautiful place.

Three teams could have moved to LA, and the one that made the most sense is the one left out in the cold.

Trying to make Los Angeles and California football happen will be another nail in the NFL coffin.

It was always unstable even when the demographics favored it decades ago. The Rams and the Raiders didn't move around as they did because they simply had too many fans and were making too much money.

The league should be looking at consolidation.

StubHub center only holds 27,000 people.

If they can sell that stadium out, then LA is a joke.

it's tiny, but it sure is a beautiful place.

Three teams could have moved to LA, and the one that made the most sense is the one left out in the cold.

I really hope this fails miserably for the NFL.

I hope that, that stadium is half empty for games.

@TalesfromtheAFL

1960 #LAChargers game action. Note the empty stands. Will it be different this time? @SDUTKrasovic @sdutCanepa @clarkjudgeTOF #chargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png

C18ly2cVQAEWydy.jpg

I miss the ref's not wearing the short knickers. Those were the good old days when you could watch the Chargers play in Balboa Stadium for $1 with a Huddle Club card. Oh well.

Chargers are DOA. L.A. is a Raider town. If the Chargers happen to start winning immediately they will get some people to care for a time. Celebrities will show up to be seen, etc. but it won't last. The only team in L.A. immune from the apathy caused by losing is the Lakers. And outside of the Rams there are two NBA, MLB, NHL and soon to be MLS teams within a thirty mile radius as well as beaches and hiking trails and other entertainment. Good luck Spanos.

What if they built a stadium in Anaheim? Isn't there an LA vs OC dichotomy?

Chargers are DOA. L.A. is a Raider town. If the Chargers happen to start winning immediately they will get some people to care for a time. Celebrities will show up to be seen, etc. but it won't last. The only team in L.A. immune from the apathy caused by losing is the Lakers. And outside of the Rams there are two NBA, MLB, NHL and soon to be MLS teams within a thirty mile radius as well as beaches and hiking trails and other entertainment. Good luck Spanos.

The Dodgers are even more immune than the Lakers. Last World Series win was 1988 and they continue to draw 3 to 4 million a year.

Screw the NFL. It's disgusting that these fat cat fat ass owners have to have luxurious palaces to that are used 10-12 times a year. The average fan, to the extent that the average fan can even afford to attend a game, really doesn't benefit from all the luxury, its the corporate sponsors and other rich A-Holes who really don't give a crap about the game that enjoy the real perks of the stadiums. Qualcomm may not have been a bit outdated, but for most fans who really are there just to watch the damn game it was just fine. I still follow the Bills because of my childhood memories, but I am so sick of big time sports and the entitlement mentality at all levels that they engender.

The NFL should block the move, and force this a$$clown to sell the team to someone who wants to keep the team in San Diego, or move it to a market that gives a **** about having an NFL team versus one that could care less, and now has two teams it won't care about.

Screw the NFL. It's disgusting that these fat cat fat ass owners have to have luxurious palaces to that are used 10-12 times a year. The average fan, to the extent that the average fan can even afford to attend a game, really doesn't benefit from all the luxury, its the corporate sponsors and other rich A-Holes who really don't give a crap about the game that enjoy the real perks of the stadiums. Qualcomm may not have been a bit outdated, but for most fans who really are there just to watch the damn game it was just fine. I still follow the Bills because of my childhood memories, but I am so sick of big time sports and the entitlement mentality at all levels that they engender.

i am probably older than you and feel exactly the way you do.. getting sick of the greed of the NFL..

I agree; the modern concept that stadiums need to be replaced every 20 years is absurd. But don't lose sight of the fact this was a good outcome on the most important issue: the taxpayers (mostly) telling Spanos to !@#$ off. Let's hope that happens in WNY and every other NFL city until the league/owners are funding 100% of their capital projects.

And shame on anyone who votes for any politician who pledges taxpayer money for new stadiums.

I agree; the modern concept that stadiums need to be replaced every 20 years is absurd. But don't lose sight of the fact this was a good outcome on the most important issue: the taxpayers (mostly) telling Spanos to !@#$ off. Let's hope that happens in WNY and every other NFL city until the league/owners are funding 100% of their capital projects.

And shame on anyone who votes for any politician who pledges taxpayer money for new stadiums.

another well made point.. hopefully, it is coming full circle , like you said, lots to be said for the taxpayers for standing up to these arrogant, greedy pr-ks..

Yes. Yes they should.

@BWilliamsonNFL

#ChargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png should do right thing and trade Philip Rivers so he doesn’t have to be part of this mess at end of career.

He's already part of the mess that has become the Chargers. He's front and center, actually.

I bet you are happy to watch NFL football at no extra cost to your current cable plan, aren't you? In fact, for any team, the vast majority of fans never set foot in the stadium and they are just fine with that. For those who want to go to the games, tickets are available for something less than a king's ransom, you know...

The NFL should block the move, and force this a$$clown to sell the team to someone who wants to keep the team in San Diego, or move it to a market that gives a **** about having an NFL team versus one that could care less, and now has two teams it won't care about.

They essentially approved of it a year ago. Why would they suddenly change their position? This decision has been inevitable for the longest time. Why pretend that it's sudden or shocking or even very sad? Those Cali teams have been bouncing around for the period of their existence--and no one claims SD is any kind of NFL town anyway either.

Qualcomm is 50 years old this year. But I agree, good for the citizens of SD for not having to sponsor that team any longer.

Back where they belong...... Spoiled Fat Cats. The N.F.L. ain't what it used to be, or maybe it is. The more things change the more they stay the same. When this doesn't work out where will they move to next? L.A. is already struggling with support for the Rams, the reason they left in the first place. Chalk one up for the taxpayers of San Diego. if the owners want new stadiums with more sky boxes and amenities let them pay for it. Maybe they should pay people to attend, like extras in a movie and show it on Lifetime.

Back where they belong...... Spoiled Fat Cats. The N.F.L. ain't what it used to be, or maybe it is. The more things change the more they stay the same. When this doesn't work out where will they move to next? L.A. is already struggling with support for the Rams, the reason they left in the first place. Chalk one up for the taxpayers of San Diego. if the owners want new stadiums with more sky boxes and amenities let them pay for it. Maybe they should pay people to attend, like extras in a movie and show it on Lifetime.

hopefully they will run out of cities to use as leverage.. outside of san antonio, and im sure im missing a few, but there cant be that many left unless they now use mexico city and london as pawns

Edited by dwight in philly

He's already part of the mess that has become the Chargers. He's front and center, actually.

I bet you are happy to watch NFL football at no extra cost to your current cable plan, aren't you? In fact, for any team, the vast majority of fans never set foot in the stadium and they are just fine with that. For those who want to go to the games, tickets are available for something less than a king's ransom, you know...

They essentially approved of it a year ago. Why would they suddenly change their position? This decision has been inevitable for the longest time. Why pretend that it's sudden or shocking or even very sad? Those Cali teams have been bouncing around for the period of their existence--and no one claims SD is any kind of NFL town anyway either.

Qualcomm is 50 years old this year. But I agree, good for the citizens of SD for not having to sponsor that team any longer.

No extra cost. LOL. Have you seen the price of cable recently and how it is continually going up? it may not be an "extra cost" but it certainly comes at a cost.

If you are out of Market you need to spend an additional Hundred plus dollars to get your hometown team.

The commissioner doesn't make enough money, he needs to be paid more.

What a joke. Kraft only paid for it himself because MA told him to !@#$ off knowing he'd never abandon the Boston TV market for Hartford. The infrastructure improvements was the compromise after he capitulated.

Maybe like 90% of Pats fans you didn't know NE had a football team prior to 2001.

Yes I'm sure the Rams are totally blindsided by this news. :rolleyes:

Kraft never asked for money for the stadium, he had been asking since he bought the team for better roads and an off ramp to the highway so it wouldn't contest Foxborough up every Sunday.

I will not defend my fandom, just because my team been good so long doesn't mean I don't remember th Zoe, and Miller days at QB. My fav player of all time was Andre "black belt" Tippett.

Kraft never asked for money for the stadium, he had been asking since he bought the team for better roads and an off ramp to the highway so it wouldn't contest Foxborough up every Sunday.

I will not defend my fandom, just because my team been good so long doesn't mean I don't remember th Zoe, and Miller days at QB. My fav player of all time was Andre "black belt" Tippett.

Your team's owner is a fat drunk who bought the team with his wife's money. Whether or not he kept his team in the same place is immaterial to what he has done to other teams including what he tried to do to the Bills. There would be no NE Patriots without the Bills and Ralph Wilson. Boozy Kraft probably doesn't know this and if he does he does not care.

He talks a good game but actions speaks louder than words. Ralph tricked him and his compatriots and this allowed Pegula to step in and buy the Bills. Without Ralph, booze boy, Jerry, and McNair would have seen to it that the Bills were already gone. As it is now, they're sicking the boys at ESPN on the Bills because they cannot be outdone. Soon they will start getting loud about the Bills needing a new stadium whether Pegula agrees or not. They still want the team in Toronto and they erroneously think their product's fan support will be maintained no matter what they do. Too much booze will make you crazy like that.

Your team's owner is a fat drunk who bought the team with his wife's money. Whether or not he kept his team in the same place is immaterial to what he has done to other teams including what he tried to do to the Bills. There would be no NE Patriots without the Bills and Ralph Wilson. Boozy Kraft probably doesn't know this and if he does he does not care.

He talks a good game but actions speaks louder than words. Ralph tricked him and his compatriots and this allowed Pegula to step in and buy the Bills. Without Ralph, booze boy, Jerry, and McNair would have seen to it that the Bills were already gone. As it is now, they're sicking the boys at ESPN on the Bills because they cannot be outdone. Soon they will start getting loud about the Bills needing a new stadium whether Pegula agrees or not. They still want the team in Toronto and they erroneously think their product's fan support will be maintained no matter what they do. Too much booze will make you crazy like that.

Yeah, but at least he repaid her by leaving her deathbed to screw the NFL players and fukk his secretary.

Now if you could say that in ENGLISH. It would be appreciated. I heard Kraft called a lot of things, never a drunk before. As for what Ralph did with the worst owners in NFL History the Sullivan's GOT TO DO WITH Kraft is beyond me. Also your conspiracy theory is just that a conspiracy theory.. also had nothing to do with what was said... thinking maybe your drunk.

Yeah, but at least he repaid her by leaving her deathbed to screw the NFL players and fukk his secretary.

Your a tool. 1st she had passed before he went and helped work out the CBA (which players thanked him for.) second he made his money as he bought the place his wife's father was president of in 1972. But I love the hate.. let it flow threw you embrace the hate..

Edited by PatsFanNH