Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really think that if we keep Tyrod, this same offense will also put up 26ppg next year?

Even if we keep Tyrod and Lynn, as far as ppg goes, is it more likely the offense regresses next year, or more likely it improves?

It's likely the defense next year would contribute more points or at least set up the offense in great field position from more turnovers. I feel like after the road Miami game (and Aaron Williams' goodbye)...the D really went on a long dry spell helping out the O.

I really couldn't disagree more. Fix the defense and we win those important games. In a do or die game against the fins the Bills put up 31 points that should have won the game. In a huge road game the Bills were leading 24-9 went 3 and out twice (yes it happens to other teams too) and came back on the field down 30-24.

The Bills scored 30+ in 6 games in those 6 games they were 4-2. They scored 25+ in 10 games and were 5-5 that is a huge indictment of the defense. The Chiefs are the 2 seed in the AFC and scored 25+ in 8 games and were 8-0. One side of the ball is handling their business and one side isn't. Even with the game 16 debacle the Bills still outscored the Chiefs this year.

Haven't we played this game enough? Not being a dick, but this is what it is every offseason. Fix this and that and we can win those couple games we should have lost. We lost these 3 games by 3 pts or less, if Carp made that field goal, or those 2 extra points; if the D got a stop on that one drive. If the offense didn't settle for 3 and went for the TD. The results are Jeff Fisher results 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 with an occasional 6-10.

The point is, the talent and how this roster is constructed now was set up to try and sneak into the playoffs last year or this year and see what happens; to steal the early Rex blueprint with the Jets. I'm sure that is what he sold Russ and the Pegs. This day was coming and if they were able to get a push in either of those years; they might be able to move a few things around cap-wise to keep the window open a bit longer, but it isn't worth it....

For the life of me, I'm still shocked Pegs hasn't just hit a full reboot at this point; that direction is getting zeroed in on for next offseason more and more as each day goes by....

Spot-on take.

Keep Tyrod or tear it down.

If a tear down:

In addtion to obvious cuts like Carpenter and Graham,

Cut Kyle Williams and Eric Wood as soon as possible. Save $10M that can be rolled over for future and give them time to find teams before FA with a chance to play meaningful football elsewhere.

Let all UFA's go except Hunter if he stays at min.

Bring back the young restricted FA's like Groy, MG.

Keep a trade option open on McCoy all offseason thru the trade deadline. Hold out for a 3rd until near deadline then take whatever.

Great job on the tear down, which IMO we should do. As a fan I hate it, but it is the right move...

Haven't we played this game enough? Not being a dick, but this is what it is every offseason. Fix this and that and we can win those couple games we should have lost. We lost these 3 games by 3 pts or less, if Carp made that field goal, or those 2 extra points; if the D got a stop on that one drive. If the offense didn't settle for 3 and went for the TD. The results are Jeff Fisher results 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 with an occasional 6-10.

The point is, the talent and how this roster is constructed now was set up to try and sneak into the playoffs last year or this year and see what happens; to steal the early Rex blueprint with the Jets. I'm sure that is what he sold Russ and the Pegs. This day was coming and if they were able to get a push in either of those years; they might be able to move a few things around cap-wise to keep the window open a bit longer, but it isn't worth it....

For the life of me, I'm still shocked Pegs hasn't just hit a full reboot at this point; that direction is getting zeroed in on for next offseason more and more as each day goes by....

7-9,8-8, and 9-7 is right on the brink of success though.

Let me ask you this:

Do we become a better team by improving the offense or the defense? Which unit this year let you down more? Which unit do you think performed at or above expectations and which was a let down?

For me the answers are all defense.

Spot-on take.

Keep Tyrod or tear it down.

If a tear down:

In addtion to obvious cuts like Carpenter and Graham,

Cut Kyle Williams and Eric Wood as soon as possible. Save $10M that can be rolled over for future and give them time to find teams before FA with a chance to play meaningful football elsewhere.

Let all UFA's go except Hunter if he stays at min.

Bring back the young restricted FA's like Groy, MG.

Keep a trade option open on McCoy all offseason thru the trade deadline. Hold out for a 3rd until near deadline then take whatever.

Yup. While Shady likes being paid, I can only imagine how he'll react to being in football's version of the gutter next season. Trading him wouldn't be a bad idea at all if tank mode happens because a) he's still damn good and could help out a good team very much and b) won't be damn good for all that much longer.

Edited by dave mcbride

PromoTheRobot

@john_wawrow So you are confirming that the Bills are cutting Tyrod Taylor?

John Wawrow ‏ 19m19 minutes ago

Not what I tweeted.

PromoTheRobot 18m18 minutes ago

Then what did you tweet?

PromoTheRobot

Vague comment that allows reader to fill in the blank?

John Wawrow ‏ 13m13 minutes ago

My apologies for your comprehension skills.

Zing...

Love it!

John Wawrow best be careful with the sarcasm.......he won't get any more interviews with mgt. :lol:

I've often said that acquiring and parading Kevin Kolb to the fans and media as an alternative to Fitzpatrick was one of the more inexcusably dumb things the Bills have ever done.

Doug Whaley was part of that brain trust......he was the pro personnel boss at the time so I am guessing he was likin' him some Kevin on the Kolb. :lol:

So I can't really say I trust Doug Whaley to not repeat that stupidity.......maybe not by marching in a QB who had never even thrown 10TD pass in a season and have him talking SB in his introductory PC like Kolb :lol: .........but potentially dropping a top 10 offense to a bottom 5 offense the same way they did with the D going from Schwartz to Rex. :thumbsup:

KEEP TT for 2 years while drafting/developing other QBs.

Any other decision is insanity.

This is a 10-6 team with good defensive coaching.

I can't believe this whole thing is even being discussed.

We all know TT will never be very good in the pocket...And that he will never be good at finding receiver 2,3 or 4.

So build the offense around his limitations and toward his strengths.-And get a legit D coordinator in here.

Thats how the good franchises would deal with a situation like this.

-Getting some mediocre non-athletic guy in here for 8 million a yr isnt gonna save a ton of money.(Orton).

The over under on # of games before ROMO needs a skeleton transplant is 2.