Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Big Ben's 5th and 6th year combined stats:

7,812 total yards (rushing and passing); 7,629 passing; 47 total TD's; 37 turnovers; 62.6 completion %; 90.3 rating

Tyrod Taylor:

7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

Tyrod played two fewer games*****

So to recap, Tyrod over the last two seasons had more TD's per game, less turnovers, a better completion %, a better QB rating than Big Ben's 5th and 6th years in the NFL; Tyrod's total yardage would've been right there with Big Ben too if he played 2 more games, since Big Ben had 2 more games played during that stretch.

Dammit I wish I knew you were going to do the work so I didn't have too lol :beer:

Seriously we are watching a young qb develop and he is doing well imo. I'm gonna be really sad if this comes to fruition...

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter is pretty reliable.

Having said that, I just don't see how they could make this decision as of yet, it just doesn't make sense. You would think that they'd want to hire the new coach first and then get his input. Taking away the option of possibly having Tyrod I think could hurt us with our coaching search. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Totally agree! I don't believe this. It would be premature.

The more a person digs into the stats on Tyrod vs other quarterbacks and really analyzes them, the more likely that guy is to come to the realization that Tyrod is a much better passer than he is given credit for being. The evidence is everywhere. Tyrod is middle of the road overall when it comes to starting quarterbacks in the NFL who has big play potential.

You weren't lying!

Big Ben (5th and 6th years starting): 7812 yards, 7629 passing yards, 47 total tds, 43 passing tds, 27 ints, 90.3 qb rating, 63.25 comp %

Tyrod: 7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

This includes a SB winning season for Big Ben. So over 2 years and 2 extra games Big Ben contributed 600 extra yards, the same amount of tds, 15 more ints, a worse qb rating and a comp % .5% better.

Exactly.

Schefter is pretty reliable.

Having said that, I just don't see how they could make this decision as of yet, it just doesn't make sense. You would think that they'd want to hire the new coach first and then get his input. Taking away the option of possibly having Tyrod I think could hurt us with our coaching search. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Schefter is reliable? Schefter pretty much is a PR guy for the NFL. He is also the guy that said Marrone was the hot HC candidate.

I don't believe anything Schefter says.

The more a person digs into the stats on Tyrod vs other quarterbacks and really analyzes them, the more likely that guy is to come to the realization that Tyrod is a much better passer than he is given credit for being. The evidence is everywhere. Tyrod is middle of the road overall when it comes to starting quarterbacks in the NFL who has big play potential.

I read a lot of out of town NFL chatter along with national talk. It's obvious that Tyrod is viewed in higher regard in other NFL cities...not Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers comparisons...but Top-15 type QB. I know that's hard to believe for some Bills fans.

Bottom line, if TT is not starting in Buffalo, he will be starting for another team come September 2017.

It is a difference between 8th in the league and 18th. You don't think that 30% of the teams is a large gap. We disagree that 22.3 and 25.9 are close.

Running game was the difference, not QB! 28 rushing TDs this year opposed to 15 in 2013. EJ was true rookie, T Lewis started 5 and J Tuel started 1 game and had the ppg ranked 18th and TT is 6th year had the ppg ranked 8th.

A competent QB, through a draft pick or FA should be able to close the gap between 8-18. Not hard to get better than EJ, Tuel, Lewis combo. NO?

Again, in no way am I advocating for EJ.

I don't believe anything Schefter says.

You'd be wrong then.

Sure, he's a shill for his agent's business, but his scoops are usually spot on because they come directly from the agency.

In this case, he's at least one step removed because he and Tyrod don't share an agent. My only guess about his knowledge of the situation is that Bills are probably snooping around QBs and an agent gave Shefter a heads up.

Everyone is complaining about losing tyrod, everyone is also complaining about being stuck in mediocrity. I think if we keep tyrod we stay in mediocrity and never win the important games. Could losing him make us worse, its quite possible, but sometimes you gotta get worse to get better. And maybe whaley has a plan and who knows we might actually be better next year without him

Running game was the difference, not QB! 28 rushing TDs this year opposed to 15 in 2013. EJ was true rookie, T Lewis started 5 and J Tuel started 1 game and had the ppg ranked 18th and TT is 6th year had the ppg ranked 8th.

A competent QB, through a draft pick or FA should be able to close the gap between 8-18. Not hard to get better than EJ, Tuel, Lewis combo. NO?

Again, in no way am I advocating for EJ.

You don't think TT was a big part of that running game?!? The fact that defenders respect his legs makes the read option so effective. We aren't going to agree on this. We aren't even close to agreement.

Everyone is complaining about losing tyrod, everyone is also complaining about being stuck in mediocrity. I think if we keep tyrod we stay in mediocrity and never win the important games. Could losing him make us worse, its quite possible, but sometimes you gotta get worse to get better. And maybe whaley has a plan and who knows we might actually be better next year without him

Nope I fully agree with you. Tyrod has no shot vs the big boys of the league.

All this hullabaloo over nothing.

Some WGR caller just recommended bringing in Brian Hoyer.

Someone just kill me please.

Majbobby must be off today.

You're wrong in all areas.

Nope I fully agree with you. Tyrod has no shot vs the big boys of the league.

All this hullabaloo over nothing.

Majbobby must be off today.

Soft rebuild, dump old players and bigger contracts; regress a tiny bit, but rebuild around Darby, Lawson, Ragland, Watkins...

This whole thread is just making me root for the Anthony Lynn/Gus Bradley ticket even more. Get them to sign on the dotted line ASAP.

If not them the only other coach ticket I'd be excited about would include Kyle Shanahan....and he ain't coming here.