Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Believe what you want, but I'd be surprised he'd make this up and put it out there like that.

Sorry, posting from my phone. It's in his twitter and Billsdaily is all over it

I'm not giving an opinion on this.

Oh wait, Dooooooommmmmmmeeeddddd!

50/50 guess.

And if he isnt Schefter will bring up INJ or that the new coach wanted him.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to punch a wall reading this. If the Bills sever ties with Tyrod it will be the dumbest thing our team had done since screwing over Doug Flutie. We're on a 17 year drought. Tyrods contract is reasonable relative to others at his postion, even with the new guarantees. He has played competent QB for us and shown he can score points. If Whaley let's Tyrod walk he might as well sign his own pink slip, becauee you are not going to find anyone better to start next year. Ive been a fan of the Bills my whole life, but if they cut bait with Tyrod and trot out Cardale or a rookie as our starting QB I Will not be watching .

This team cannot be any dumber. Why oh why do we do what we do.

Everyone is complaining about losing tyrod, everyone is also complaining about being stuck in mediocrity. I think if we keep tyrod we stay in mediocrity and never win the important games. Could losing him make us worse, its quite possible, but sometimes you gotta get worse to get better. And maybe whaley has a plan and who knows we might actually be better next year without him

I really couldn't disagree more. Fix the defense and we win those important games. In a do or die game against the fins the Bills put up 31 points that should have won the game. In a huge road game the Bills were leading 24-9 went 3 and out twice (yes it happens to other teams too) and came back on the field down 30-24.

The Bills scored 30+ in 6 games in those 6 games they were 4-2. They scored 25+ in 10 games and were 5-5 that is a huge indictment of the defense. The Chiefs are the 2 seed in the AFC and scored 25+ in 8 games and were 8-0. One side of the ball is handling their business and one side isn't. Even with the game 16 debacle the Bills still outscored the Chiefs this year.

This whole thread is just making me root for the Anthony Lynn/Gus Bradley ticket even more. Get them to sign on the dotted line ASAP.

If not them the only other coach ticket I'd be excited about would include Kyle Shanahan....and he ain't coming here.

I'd like to see Kris Richard as HC and somehow convince Lynn to remain as OC/AHC (unless he lands a HC somewhere, of course).

You don't think TT was a big part of that running game?!? The fact that defenders respect his legs makes the read option so effective. We aren't going to agree on this. We aren't even close to agreement.

Sure he was, I don't think to the extent you think but whatever. Considering who was QB in 2013 and who was QB in 2016 there really isn't a whole lot of difference going on. Difference of 1 win.

This decision has been made for a while, as has the decision on who the HC is, as I've been saying for a few weeks now.

Tyrod is gone, Lynn is in.

I totally agree we will not have improved QB play next year.

Barring some really interesting off-season, I would guess we win 3 or 4 games LESS next year.

At the end of that tire fire, HC and GM (and hopefully everyone else) will be gone.

I just hope the Phoenix is ready to rise again right around the time we find a way to draft Darnold.

I agree.

I think they decided on both Rex and Lynn at the beginning of the season or at least had this scenario in mind after game 2.

I think it should be obvious now that Rex and Tyrod were connected together.

These are all of the offensive influences in Anthony Lynn's career before Greg Roman:

Mike Shanahan

Marc Trestman

Gary Kubiak

Bill Musgrave

Sean Payton

Todd Haley

Rob Chudzinski

Brian Schottenheimer

Marty Morningweg

They all believe in a precision timing offense. I would guess that Lynn also does. I would guess that he doesn't think Taylor could run an offense like that.

But there is a guy in the draft who is perfectly suited to: Brad Kaaya.

Him plus a vet UFA like Nick Foles are probably in the plans if Lynn takes over.

If this is true, it's a terrible mistake by Whaley and it's hard for me to believe that Lynn would go for this unless no one else is going to give him a HC job.

Unless they have an unforeseen plan and trade or signing, this team is going to be awful.

I'm choosing not to put much faith in it simply because I think that Lynn must know what TT adds to the running game and that our OL sucks at pass blocking.

If report is true, Whaley is walking into a disaster me thinks.

I really couldn't disagree more. Fix the defense and we win those important games. In a do or die game against the fins the Bills put up 31 points that should have won the game. In a huge road game the Bills were leading 24-9 went 3 and out twice (yes it happens to other teams too) and came back on the field down 30-24.

The Bills scored 30+ in 6 games in those 6 games they were 4-2. They scored 25+ in 10 games and were 5-5 that is a huge indictment of the defense. The Chiefs are the 2 seed in the AFC and scored 25+ in 8 games and were 8-0. One side of the ball is handling their business and one side isn't. Even with the game 16 debacle the Bills still outscored the Chiefs this year.

Agree with this. You're throwing out some nice stats today.

Pegula said as much to JW

Sorry for the formatting; I'm at work and my computer isn't pasting well....

2 hours ago

For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October.

Andy Young

‏New coach, potentially new QB, two dozen free agents and some cap issues. That sounds like an overhaul to me.

John Wawrow Retweeted Andy Youn

g

Everything is just fiiiiiiiiiine!

Tom Applegate

really? What if TT led the team to the playoffs and even won playoff games? Please comfort me John - love, confused Bills fan

John Wawrow Retweeted Tom Applegate

Remember, I used the word "leaning." Would make sense that no playoffs=spiraling.

John Pitts
does this possibly signal that Lynn isn't the coach? He put up good numbers with TT. #Bills

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1h1 hour ago
I'm not privy to that information just yet.
Brian Vattimo
Baffled about talk of Bills not keeping TT. Offense not issue.
John Wawrow 26m26 minutes ago
You must then be new to how the #Bills go about doing things. ;)

Love it!

Does anyone really think that if we keep Tyrod, this same offense will also put up 26ppg next year?

Even if we keep Tyrod and Lynn, as far as ppg goes, is it more likely the offense regresses next year, or more likely it improves?

Edited by Joe Miner

despite the fact that their scoring has increased dramatically since he arrived. The year before he got to Buffalo, the Bills were 26th, and they've been 10th and 11th the two years he has started. He's clearly a huge part of the difference.

He was also seventh in Total QBR last year, and ninth this year. People in that company get major dollars.

:wallbash:

It's pretty simple IMO. You have 2 options:

1) Keep TT and the offense and try to fix the defense. A functioning defense and the Bills are certainly playing this weekend.

2) Hit the reset button and tear it down. Reset the table, let the old guys walk, clear your bad contracts, play the young guys and try to get Darnold.

Either move forward and fight for a playoff spot or bottom out. Downgrading the QB position this year and expecting improvement isn't an option. That's flat stupid. If you like one of the top guys in this draft go ahead at 10 but I'd prefer to wait for the better guys in 2018.

Spot-on take.

Keep Tyrod or tear it down.

If a tear down:

In addtion to obvious cuts like Carpenter and Graham,

Cut Kyle Williams and Eric Wood as soon as possible. Save $10M that can be rolled over for future and give them time to find teams before FA with a chance to play meaningful football elsewhere.

Let all UFA's go except Hunter if he stays at min.

Bring back the young restricted FA's like Groy, MG.

Keep a trade option open on McCoy all offseason thru the trade deadline. Hold out for a 3rd until near deadline then take whatever.