Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

I missed that but it is a relief to hear. Do you know where I could find that quote?

He said it in his Monday press conference. I think it was towards the end of the conference but I could be wrong about that. They were badgering him about the reason for benching Tyrod. And he came out and said - if they were still in the playoff hunt, Tyrod would have started the Jets game. But because they weren't in the playoff hunt anymore, they wanted to evaluate the other 2 quarterbacks instead. Obviously he wouldn't come out and admit it was because of the injury clause in the contract, even though anyone with half a brain knows that was the primary reason.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 1000 yards over 2 years means nothing? Or 2000 total yards.

How about this one then (through 2 years):

Tyrod: 7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

Russell Wilson: 7503 total yards, 6475 passing yards, 57 total tds, 52 passing tds, 19 ints, 100.6 rating, 63.6 comp%

So over 2 years Russell Wilson (who everyone would love to have) has 300 more yards, 400 more passing yards, 10 more tds, and 7 more ints.

Again I say, Bills fans have no idea what it is to watch a young qb develop.

People's frustrations over the 17 year drought are affecting their sensibilities. Even Jimbo Kelly's.

Dumping Tyrod is a big mistake imo unless they have a young and better QB coming in that we don't know about. I'm not interested in a loser like Cutler or Tony "one hit from retirement" Romo.

I'm not willing to hit the reset button. I know the Pegulas specialize in tearing it down but I haven't seen them rebuild a team yet. The 2016 Bills are not a bad team. Keep the offense intact, get another stud WR if you can and fix the D.

I don't see anyone that compares available (at least for 2017). The Bills can expect 25 TDs and maybe 10 turnovers from TT with 240 yards a game of offense. They average 25.9 PPG (8th in the league) with him playing. I don't see McCarron or Glennon or Cutler or Hoyer duplicating that. The rookie class has flaws as well. Watson would probably be my pick of this class because he is the most ready to play.

How about Rivers? http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/10/6/13184730/chargers-philip-rivers-trade-talk

No offense but that's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. Why not compare him to Rodgers who sat for 4 years? Or does that not help your argument?

Big Ben's 5th and 6th year combined stats:

7,812 total yards (rushing and passing); 7,629 passing; 47 total TD's; 37 turnovers; 62.6 completion %; 90.3 rating

Tyrod Taylor:

7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

Tyrod played two fewer games*****

He's headed to UFA after one more season, so it could be a case of getting the greatest possible return for him as opposed to nothing if he walks.

I still don't think that you'd trade a guy that you think is a franchise QB within your division because you got pick 10 from the Bills instead of pick 12 from the Browns (or whatever).

Sorry for the formatting; I'm at work and my computer isn't pasting well....

2 hours ago

For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October.

Andy Young

‏New coach, potentially new QB, two dozen free agents and some cap issues. That sounds like an overhaul to me.

John Wawrow Retweeted Andy Youn

g

Everything is just fiiiiiiiiiine!

Tom Applegate

really? What if TT led the team to the playoffs and even won playoff games? Please comfort me John - love, confused Bills fan

John Wawrow Retweeted Tom Applegate

Remember, I used the word "leaning." Would make sense that no playoffs=spiraling.

John Pitts
does this possibly signal that Lynn isn't the coach? He put up good numbers with TT. #Bills

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1h1 hour ago
I'm not privy to that information just yet.
Brian Vattimo
Baffled about talk of Bills not keeping TT. Offense not issue.
John Wawrow 26m26 minutes ago
You must then be new to how the #Bills go about doing things. ;)
Edited by Reed83HOF

7,812 total yards (rushing and passing); 7,629 passing; 47 total TD's; 37 turnovers; 62.6 completion %; 90.3 rating

Tyrod Taylor:

7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

So to recap, Tyrod over the last two seasons had more TD's per game, less turnovers, a better completion %, a better QB rating than Big Ben's 5th and 6th years in the NFL; Tyrod's total yardage would've been right there with Big Ben too if he played 2 more games, since Big Ben had 2 more games played during that stretch.

Sorry for the formatting; I'm at work and my computer isn't pasting well....

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 2h2 hours ago

2 hours ago

For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October.

Andy Young

‏New coach, potentially new QB, two dozen free agents and some cap issues. That sounds like an overhaul to me.

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 1h1 hour ago

John Wawrow Retweeted Andy Youn

g

Everything is just fiiiiiiiiiine!

Tom Applegate

really? What if TT led the team to the playoffs and even won playoff games? Please comfort me John - love, confused Bills fan

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 1h1 hour ago

John Wawrow Retweeted Tom Applegate

Remember, I used the word "leaning." Would make sense that no playoffs=spiraling.

John Pitts

does this possibly signal that Lynn isn't the coach? He put up good numbers with TT. #Bills

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1h1 hour ago

I'm not privy to that information just yet.

Brian Vattimo

Baffled about talk of Bills not keeping TT. Offense not issue.

John Wawrow 26m26 minutes ago

You must then be new to how the #Bills go about doing things. ;)

Thanks Reed83, and thanks to jw for keeping it real.

Compare Big Bens numbers his 5th and 6th yr in the NFL to TT's last two. Do it. Be surprised.

You weren't lying!

Big Ben (5th and 6th years starting): 7812 yards, 7629 passing yards, 47 total tds, 43 passing tds, 27 ints, 90.3 qb rating, 63.25 comp %

Tyrod: 7206 total yards, 6058 passing yards, 47 total tds, 37 passing tds, 12 ints, 94.5 rating, 62.7 comp %

This includes a SB winning season for Big Ben. So over 2 years and 2 extra games Big Ben contributed 600 extra yards, the same amount of tds, 15 more ints, a worse qb rating and a comp % .5% better.

It's pretty simple IMO. You have 2 options:

1) Keep TT and the offense and try to fix the defense. A functioning defense and the Bills are certainly playing this weekend.

2) Hit the reset button and tear it down. Reset the table, let the old guys walk, clear your bad contracts, play the young guys and try to get Darnold.

Either move forward and fight for a playoff spot or bottom out. Downgrading the QB position this year and expecting improvement isn't an option. That's flat stupid. If you like one of the top guys in this draft go ahead at 10 but I'd prefer to wait for the better guys in 2018.

With #1 maybe the no playoff streak ends at 18 next year

With #2, it goes to 20 years learning curve and all

If this Darnold doesn't pan out, it goes to 25 years. Yikes!

Also since I'm not sure what thread to put this in anymore....

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3h3 hours ago
For those asking about other #Bills interviews, I can only report what I know. And Goodwin is all I know regarding who is next.
Bill N
Whats ur take on coughlin? which side do u propose has no interest or is it both?
John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 2h2 hours ago
Ummm, both as it stands right now.
ricky ‏@pawlikIII 14h14 hours ago
any update on Lynn?
Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 5h5 hours ago
No. I know they were impressed with McDermott. Expect the search to continue but already has at least viable candidate.
Edited by Reed83HOF

Tyrod Taylor:

The more a person digs into the stats on Tyrod vs other quarterbacks and really analyzes them, the more likely that guy is to come to the realization that Tyrod is a much better passer than he is given credit for being. The evidence is everywhere. Tyrod is middle of the road overall when it comes to starting quarterbacks in the NFL who has big play potential.