Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

If the Browns hit on those picks they will be good quickly.

Andy Reid put it best: get me a QB, two tackles, a CB, a S and I'll figure out the rest.

They were not fired together. Darcy was kept around for quite a while (IMO) for no other reason than to take the hit for what was coming.

I know that. Darcy stuck around a little while longer and hired Ron FN Rolston. Nevertheless, he was gone not too long after Lindy.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the feeling that a lot of the resistance to this move isn't because people think TT is going to develop into the next Brady, but rather they are afraid of winding up with someone worse. It's like we're so used to having awful QB play that when someone mediocre comes around we almost feel like he's as good as we deserve and should build around him. It's kind of like that friend everyone has who has a gf who is pretty good looking but treats him like crap. Everyone knows he would be better off without her and tells him that, but he's not moving on from a known quantity to an unknown one blind... kind of like how TT won't throw to a receiver he doesn't already see is open.

It's a BS article. He says the fact that they did not play him in the last game signals that they won't pick up the option. That absolutely was not the reason they didn't play him. Two starting QB's got hurt the week before and they didn't want to risk injury in a meaningless game and be on the hook for a guy who couldn't play. They have not made a decision yet IMO and my opinion is worth as much as his. He does not cite a source, it's just his opinion.

His salary for 2017 is $15 mil and we will owe him 30 mil guranteed if he is on the roster past March 11th. His production is not worth the price for a team that is strapped for cash and that is why he will not be a Buffalo Bill after this offseason. It's truly as simple as that.

If the Browns hit on those picks they will be good quickly.

Andy Reid put it best: get me a QB, two tackles, a CB, a S and I'll figure out the rest.

They were not fired together. Darcy was kept around for quite a while (IMO) for no other reason than to take the hit for what was coming.

The Browns are devoid of talent at so many spots and there's nothing that says they'll be good quickly. It will be painful for them for quite some time.

I know that. Darcy stuck around a little while longer and hired Ron FN Rolston. Nevertheless, he was gone not too long after Lindy.

Why didn't Pegula just fire him with Lindy?

I say it's because he wanted to let Darcy captain the Titanic to rock bottom first.

I see the same scenario playing out here. Rex fired. Whaley stays. Team is awful. Whaley and whoever he hires is fired in 2017.

If I had to predict who out qb is next year say AJ mccarron.

And we'll probably give up a 2nd and 5th this year + a 1st next. Just a hunch

Well if we are going to have a sucky QB anyway, might as well be McCarron.

I mean, if we get him, we get her, right?

Dat azz.

4307e-13_katherine-webb_16.jpg?w=474

FWIW TT only had 23 total TDs this year and for comparison in EJs 10 starts in 2013 the team averaged 22.3 ppg. EJ of all people as a rookie not a 6 year vet like Tyrod averaged almost as much, 22.3 - 25.9 ppg. and the CoT is crying that it can't be done with just anybody. BS!

Manuel was the beneficiary of a defensive TD in the Jax game. Don't leave that out. This year, the Bills had 3 defensive/ST TDs over 16 games.

In 29 starts, Taylor produced 47 TDs and turned the ball over 13 times. In 17 starts, Manuel generated 23 TDs and turned it over 20 times. I'm including lost fumbles here.

We shouldn't be arguing about this, however - it's clear that Manuel is terrible.

Just show me someone better

Im telling you right now......while people are all creaming themselves that we might see 300 yards passing again....this would GREATLY affect our running game.

The QB option with a athlete like Tyrod makes that running game go as the whole thing is a system.

But if Tyrod really is being let go....the chances of Lynn coming back greatly reduce to.

If this all happens.....get a journey man type and draft a qb in the first round please........do NOT depend on C. Jones to suddenly get over his rawness in his 2nd year with the team.

Why didn't Pegula just fire him with Lindy?

I say it's because he wanted to let Darcy captain the Titanic to rock bottom first.

I see the same scenario playing out here. Rex fired. Whaley stays. Team is awful. Whaley and whoever he hires is fired in 2017.

Firing coaches in back to back seasons....Not buying it.

I'm getting the feeling that a lot of the resistance to this move isn't because people think TT is going to develop into the next Brady, but rather they are afraid of winding up with someone worse. It's like we're so used to having awful QB play that when someone mediocre comes around we almost feel like he's as good as we deserve and should build around him. It's kind of like that friend everyone has who has a gf who is pretty good looking but treats him like crap. Everyone knows he would be better off without her and tells him that, but he's not moving on from a known quantity to an unknown one blind... kind of like how TT won't throw to a receiver he doesn't already see is open.

I think he has some significant issues, but he's better than straight-up mediocre.

Assuming these reports are true, and they are moving on from Taylor, surely they would have to have another plan in mind, other than pinning all their hopes on Cardale Jones. Anyone think, with the rumors of Lynn and Gus Bradley being joined at the hip, the Bills might be planning on taking a run at Blake Bortles? The Jags are sounding hesitant about bringing him back...just a thought. There has to be something we don't know about, isn't there?

I don't think Taylor is perfect by any means. But I think he's decent, and if Sammy Watkins is playing, he elevates to pretty good. The other options out there right now range from bad to complete unknowns.

You pay retail and not premium for qbs you put in the category of decent. Whaley is making a cost/benefit judgment on TT. He has a price in mind and is not going to go beyond it. That's the right approach to take.

A lot of people believe that TT would be a highly prized free agent if he was on the market. I have no doubt that teams would have an interest in him but it would be at a certain/reasonable price. The interested GMs would be making the same value judgment that Whaley is doing. Buying at only a certain price.

Firing coaches in back to back seasons....Not buying it.

He did it with the Sabres.

Yes, I know NFL vs NHL.

One year wonders do happen in the NFL too. Chip Kelly with the 49ers this year is the latest example.

I don't think it's crazy to look at an ownership's pattern of behavior and draw conclusions. It's all the same people.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You pay retail and not premium for qbs you put in the category of decent. Whaley is making a cost/benefit judgment on TT. He has a price in mind and is not going to go beyond it. That's the right approach to take.

A lot of people believe that TT would be a highly prized free agent if he was on the market. I have no doubt that teams would have an interest in him but it would be at a certain/reasonable price. The interested GMs would be making the same value judgment that Whaley is doing. Buying at only a certain price.

Come on, John. You know as well as I that Tyrod's salary is Frigidaire-level and not Viking.