Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

No the entire situation is a mess.

Nothing makes any sense. This franchise gets harder to root for every year.

Actually it does make sense if what I said above is true.

You let the unpopular guy take all the hits, remind everyone who is the captain of this ship, remind everyone who is 100% not responsible, then act accordingly next season.

He has done this before. Just ask good old Darcy Regier.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it differently. If the decision to not retain Taylor has been made, that is a signal IMO, that the Bills are open to other coaches besides Anthony Lynn.

Which is fine. However, they better have a plan and that's what concerns me.

You let the unpopular guy take all the hits, remind everyone who is the captain of this ship, remind everyone who is 100% not responsible, then act accordingly next season.

Makes no sense to let the GM search for and find a new HC only to whack the GM the following year.

You're assuming that Pegula, who appears not to care one whit about the media, is more Machiavellian than he actually is.

Makes no sense to let the GM search for and find a new HC only to whack the GM the following year.

That's what Darcy said too.

You're assuming that Pegula, who appears not to care one whit about the media, is more Machiavellian than he actually is.

The evidence is in how he runs the Sabres.

He also made a few billion in the gas industry, which is full of cutthroat people.

And it's not that sinister. People still get paid when they get fired in the NFL, so Whaley will be fine.

One thing Terry has been great at it being able to see down the road. It's how he made his $$. If he can see an impending disaster with this roster, why not just wait until it hits rock bottom before cleaning house? Someone has to be GM until then.

Edited by TheFunPolice

He also made a few billion in the gas industry, which is full of cutthroat people.

And it's not that sinister. People still get paid when they get fired in the NFL, so Whaley will be fine.

It still doesn't make any sense even if it happened before.

Franchising him two years in a row will be very costly, and they can't afford it. Right now they want a home team discount and Cousins is saying not gonna happen.

So, it's a good possibility he's a FA soon.

It's only 15% more than last years tag. They have the money. He will pry get tagged again.

Next year, they can't afford it.

One thing Terry has been great at it being able to see down the road. It's how he made his $$. If he can see an impending disaster with this roster, why not just wait until it hits rock bottom before cleaning house? Someone has to be GM until then.

The NHL is not the NFL. The Pegulas would look ridiculous firing coaches in consecutive seasons. If the plan is a rebuild, then Whaley should be gone now with a new GM hiring a new HC. Not buying what you're selling.

It still doesn't make any sense even if it happened before.

I can't help you there.

I think this team, given the age and possible retirement of our best DT, the impending retirement of our best S, the impending departure of our only other decent WR outside of Sammy, and impending departure of a couple LBers, and decline in Jerry Hughes ability to rush the QB, and the impending loss of our starting QB, is headed in a fairly predictable direction.

I see it differently. If the decision to not retain Taylor has been made, that is a signal IMO, that the Bills are open to other coaches besides Anthony Lynn.

Which is fine. However, they better have a plan and that's what concerns me.

Are any coaches open to the Bills with only a project in Cardale Jones on the roster? Doubtful.

If I'm a career minded NFL coach, I stay away from the Bills based on the QB situation alone. That the GM undermined the HC through the media the last month of the season only makes it easier to say no to this franchise. Never mind, the team is alienating their starting QB and could be in a legal battle with said QB.

The dumpster fire has become a complete tire fire.

I can't help you there.

I think this team, given the age and possible retirement of our best DT, the impending retirement of our best S, the impending departure of our only other decent WR outside of Sammy, and impending departure of a couple LBers, and decline in Jerry Hughes ability to rush the QB, and the impending loss of our starting QB, is headed in a fairly predictable direction.

Yup.

The NHL is not the NFL. The Pegulas would look ridiculous firing coaches in consecutive seasons. If the plan is a rebuild, then Whaley should be gone now with a new GM hiring a new HC. Not buying what you're selling.

I'm not the one selling it. Neither is Russ BTW. Remember: the team made it clear that this is ALL Whaley. So enjoy.

Just remember... Russ Brandon has NOTHING to do with this. Even the Pegulas are just rubber stamping Whaley's decisions.

Just so we all know who to blame when the team is 3-13 or 4-12 or even 2-14.

Are any coaches open to the Bills with only a project in Cardale Jones on the roster? Doubtful.

If I'm a career minded NFL coach, I stay away from the Bills based on the QB situation alone. That the GM undermined the HC through the media the last month of the season only makes it easier to say no to this franchise. Never mind, the team is alienating their starting QB and could be in a legal battle with said QB.

The dumpster fire has become a complete tire fire.

I always wondered which was worse, but now that I envision the two, I get it!

To play devil's advocate, in 2014 the Buffalo Bills had the 25th ranked Rush Offense. We finished as the 1st ranked Rush Offense in 2015 and 2016.

Shady and TD mike vs Booker and Cj Anderson though.

I'll root for him elsewhere. I ain't mad at him, I just don't want to watch his inconsistency here anymore.

Hope him and Jordan Howard get to make some noise in Chicago.