Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Believe what you want, but I'd be surprised he'd make this up and put it out there like that.

Sorry, posting from my phone. It's in his twitter and Billsdaily is all over it

I'm not giving an opinion on this.

Oh wait, Dooooooommmmmmmeeeddddd!

Edited by Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter is pretty reliable.

Having said that, I just don't see how they could make this decision as of yet, it just doesn't make sense. You would think that they'd want to hire the new coach first and then get his input. Taking away the option of possibly having Tyrod I think could hurt us with our coaching search. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Is Tyrod Taylor's time in Buffalo over?

When the Bills didn't play quarterback Tyrod Taylor in their regular-season finale on Sunday against the New York Jets, it sent the message that the team does not intend to pick up the $15.5 million option bonus in his contract that they have until March 11 to exercise.

Picking up the option would guarantee Taylor $30.75 million over the life of the contract, tying him to Buffalo for the next five seasons, and the Bills don't have any intention of paying it.

Buffalo is instead planning to move on from Taylor, despite the fact that their scoring has increased dramatically since he arrived. The year before he got to Buffalo, the Bills were 26th, and they've been 10th and 11th the two years he has started. He's clearly a huge part of the difference.

He was also seventh in Total QBR last year, and ninth this year. People in that company get major dollars.

Link?

I'm guessing this.

Not as definitive as the OP states. But definitely odd to make that decision now, before the new coach gets to weigh in. Kind of silly actually to be interviewing coaching candidates and telling them that their season now rests with Cardale Jones.

I like Tyrod, and think he's the best QB we've had in a good 10 years.

But he's not that great. I could see the decision either way, honestly. I wish the guy well.

All that said, I find it tough to believe that they will find someone better in 2017, and that could mean a very, very ugly season (4-12 type of year).

They score points on offense and almost never turn the ball over. If all of a sudden you've got a guy throwing picks it could get ugly fast. 7-8 win teams become 3-4 win teams that way.

Edited by TheFunPolice