Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ! It's time to pass the ball again!

I'll ask again. Do you promise to go away when he gets retained? Or are you just going to wait the whole thing out even in that case, bashing him with the same BS every day?

Barring a trade for Phil Rivers there will be zero better options foreseeable out there...

It doesn't make any sense to me that they have already arrived at this reported conclusion.

What else do they need to see? If Lynn is a shoe-in they probably already have decided.

Either they think he's worth the $$ or they don't. Maybe they keep Gilmore instead.

Personally, I would keep him and build the KC team. Decent QB who doesn't turn it over and a solid defense. If we had a solid defense this year we win 10-11 games with Tyrod.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Even John Murphy said earlier this week that he didn't think they were going to pick up the option. I was surprised that instead of defending that decision as he often does, he readily said that he didn't agree with it but that's what he thinks is going to happen.

Sal said yesterday that the only way he thinks he is back is if he agrees to restructure his deal first. He thinks that's a slim chance.

What else do they need to see? If Lynn is a shoe-in they probably already have decided.

Either they think he's worth the $$ or they don't. Maybe they keep Gilmore instead.

Personally, I would keep him and build the KC team. Decent QB who doesn't turn it over and a solid defense. If we had a solid defense this year we win 10-11 games with Tyrod.

Good question. They already saw what the offense looks like w/o him in the Jets' game.

If you're Tyrod there is no reason to restructure.

He's going to get paid a lot of $$ somewhere, likely more than his current deal calls for.

So why restructure, take less $$, and be on a team that is shaky about you and will probably pull you if things go south?

Good question. They already saw what the offense looks like w/o him in the Jets' game.

I would keep him, personally. He's the best QB we've had since Bledsoe.

Maybe they think they can get Tony Romo. Jerry Jones does like trading with the Bills.

I'll ask again. Do you promise to go away when he gets retained? Or are you just going to wait the whole thing out even in that case, bashing him with the same BS every day?

Barring a trade for Phil Rivers there will be zero better options foreseeable out there...

Get a room with him already. Try reaching out through the twitters.

I'll bash him until he resembles a good qb. Bills are better off with without him.

Free speech kid.

Not with our pass blocking hell no

Complete w bogus TT excuse. Root for the Bills not one player please. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Not with our pass blocking hell no

Our offensive line was pretty good the past two years.

Romo lights it up when he plays. The guy racks up 300 yard games without breaking a sweat. The passing offense would be totally different with him. Clay would be busy.

The issue is can Romo stay healthy?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Oh boy. If true, it's very strange the decision is being made before the HC is hired, and this doesn't lend itself to inspiring very much confidence in what's going on at OBD (or the Pegulas' yacht).

Oh boy. If true, it's very strange the decision is being made before the HC is hired, and this doesn't lend itself to inspiring very much confidence in what's going on at OBD (or the Pegulas' yacht).

That's what doesn't make any sense to me. Get the HC in place before making such an important decision.

If Romo comes here and stays healthy it could be a lot of fun.

and if I happen to stumble over a bag containing $10 million dollars while walking down the street I could have a lot of fun too, but the odds of that happening are probably the same as Romo making it through the season uninjured. If he couldn't do it behind the best oline in football, how's he gonna do it anywhere else?

Believe what you want, but I'd be surprised he'd make this up and put it out there like that.

I'm not giving an opinion on this.

Oh wait, Dooooooommmmmmmeeeddddd!

Isn't Schefter the one who had Marrone going to the Jets and then Marrone as the hot candidate for the Falcons 2 years ago?

The link I found just interprets the Bills decision to bench Taylor for the finale as indicating he's gone: "When the Bills didn't play quarterback Tyrod Taylor in their regular-season finale on Sunday against the New York Jets, it sent the message that the team does not intend to pick up the $15.5 million option bonus in his contract that they have until March 11 to exercise.".

This is old news and probably hearkens back to La Canfora's "leaks" and also to the press current interpretation of the Bills PR announcement on Taylor's surgery. In the clip, Polian goes on at length about the impending grievance and so forth, and then at the end says it's all most likely nothing: "the typical recovery from this surgery with this surgeon is 6 weeks, so it may come to nothing"

I don't understand the interpretation of benching Taylor: he's apparently been playing hurt, why risk further injury in a meaningless game? And if, as has been reported, EJ has been looking "night and day" better as the scout team QB, doesn't due diligence require a final game-time look before you sweep him out the door? Why not take Whaley at his word that it was a business decision and Pegula at his word (AP interview) "the decision was made to bench starter Tyrod Taylor to evaluate backup EJ Manuel and rookie fourth-round pick Cardale Jones" and "As for Taylor's future, Pegula said that was still to be evaluated before the Bills have to decide in March to pick up the option on his five-year contract extension."