Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-9,8-8, and 9-7 is right on the brink of success though.

Let me ask you this:

Do we become a better team by improving the offense or the defense? Which unit this year let you down more? Which unit do you think performed at or above expectations and which was a let down?

For me the answers are all defense.

Exactly.

Dallas went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 before they finally got their **** together. That great record with the all mighty Romo thay everyone wants here. At 37yrs old now.

PromoTheRobot
@john_wawrow So you are confirming that the Bills are cutting Tyrod Taylor?
John Wawrow ‏ 19m19 minutes ago
Not what I tweeted.
PromoTheRobot 18m18 minutes ago
Then what did you tweet?
PromoTheRobot
Vague comment that allows reader to fill in the blank?
John Wawrow ‏ 13m13 minutes ago
My apologies for your comprehension skills.
Zing...

I'm just getting a little tired of the game. Drop a vague tweet and watch people freak out. That's why I challenged him directly. He knows we're the cats and he's got the laser pointer.

Is it at all possible that the "leak" about the Bills moving on from TT and the posturing from the Bills, is all a ploy to somehow benefit the situation down the road? I mean on the surface, it makes zero sense to "move on" from a productive QB in his prime.

Im sorry, but this thread title is misleading. I haven't a single thing in this thread, online, on TSW, in Nostradamous books, the tea leaves, the tarot cards, etc. stating he is absolutely gone or that their is any credible details suggesting they know he is gone. Why do people keep posting this stuff, its all more of the same speculation all because of assumed opinions after he didn't play the last game.

I mean if ANYONE just used COMMON SENSE it would be pretty OBVIOUS that NO decision has been made YET because we have NOT hired a HEAD COACH yet.

1. I respect Schefter, but he isnt right every time, nobody is.

2. There has been no relevant information other than speculation on how people interpreted him sitting the final week, which is pretty dumb because it was pretty obvious why they sat him...the injury clause, and not knowing what the new HC is going to want to do in regards to Taylor.

TT may ultimately never play another game in Buffalo, but there is literally zero probability that it is known for sure right now and it will be a coincidence if Schefter or anyone else is proven right in their assertion that he is done here because its a 50/50 shot of being right. NOBODY KNOWS...so why keep spreading this non sense as if there is some magical insight that doesn't exist?

They also had five consecutive winning seasons before these years with Romo at the helm.

Yes. What im saying is that who cares about our failures 15-17yrs ago. They have no relevance now. Now we have a good offense and a below average defense. We're close. Stay the course on O. Improve the D.

If anyone doubts we are moving on from Tyrod tune into WGR and John Murphy show. They are explaining why Tyrod is limited. John said he talked to Bills mgmt.

They are already selling what's next.

Thanks - good to know.

Yes. What im saying is that who cares about our failures 15-17yrs ago. They have no relevance now. Now we have a good offense and a below average defense. We're close. Stay the course on O. Improve the D.

I don't disagree.

Is it at all possible that the "leak" about the Bills moving on from TT and the posturing from the Bills, is all a ploy to somehow benefit the situation down the road? I mean on the surface, it makes zero sense to "move on" from a productive QB in his prime.

I absolutely believe with the way Taylor was playing midway through the season that they were leaning toward releasing Taylor.

But in the end it's going to come down to what the head coach decides he wants to do. They'll keep him if the coach wants to keep him. They won't if the coach wants a different style of offense and thinks they could draft a guy that could do what Taylor is doing.

It's really this simple. The decision hasn't been made yet.

If this is true, it's a terrible mistake by Whaley and it's hard for me to believe that Lynn would go for this unless no one else is going to give him a HC job.

Unless they have an unforeseen plan and trade or signing, this team is going to be awful.

I'm choosing not to put much faith in it simply because I think that Lynn must know what TT adds to the running game and that our OL sucks at pass blocking.

If report is true, Whaley is walking into a disaster me thinks.

Agreed... HOWEVER... there is still zero evidence of any new content or actual "news" provided in that article. And like I said before, if this ain't due to a trade for Phil Rivers or something to THAT effect, this isn't likely even a thing.

If anyone doubts we are moving on from Tyrod tune into WGR and John Murphy show. They are explaining why Tyrod is limited. John said he talked to Bills mgmt.

They are already selling what's next.

Good-bye TT.

I was struck by how blunt A Lynn was during the coach's presser the week of the Jets game. Saying TT is uncomfortable with certain route concepts and preferred not to use the middle of the field vs. safer outside routes even though we have a TE that can exploit the seams. And then he couched that by suggesting he can teach these things to TT in the offseason. That was very blunt criticism of the limitation of TT's game.

But damn, he's still the best option we have from where I sit, given the current state of things (key word, current).