Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

I do as well for what it is worth. I think that he is going to sign something like a 3 year $45M deal with $30M guaranteed. Maybe somewhere like Denver that believes that they can contend for a few more years while waiting on Lynch? I just think that there are a bunch of teams that need an upgrade an some of them have the talent to win now (mainly Denver, Houston and possibly Arizona). If he goes to Denver they go right back to being contenders.

You are correct!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Bills are trading him. Since it's only an option on the bonus, until it's paid it wouldn't count against the Bills. If a team truly wants him, maybe they'll pay a 3rd and then they pick up the option, putting the bonus on them. Frees the Bills cap numbers a little? That said, we would have no QB.

An option definitely worth exploring: But can an option transfer from team to team or does Buffalo pick up the option first, then deal him?

It's gonna come down to whether Tyrod wants to be here. Nobody is giving him that kind of guaranteed money. Only competition I see for his services is a team like Denver where he takes less money for a chance to increase his value on a playoff caliber team. Can't think of any other playoff caliber teams with a clear QB need.

Im sorry, but this thread title is misleading. I haven't a single thing in this thread, online, on TSW, in Nostradamous books, the tea leaves, the tarot cards, etc. stating he is absolutely gone or that their is any credible details suggesting they know he is gone. Why do people keep posting this stuff, its all more of the same speculation all because of assumed opinions after he didn't play the last game.

I mean if ANYONE just used COMMON SENSE it would be pretty OBVIOUS that NO decision has been made YET because we have NOT hired a HEAD COACH yet.

1. I respect Schefter, but he isnt right every time, nobody is.

2. There has been no relevant information other than speculation on how people interpreted him sitting the final week, which is pretty dumb because it was pretty obvious why they sat him...the injury clause, and not knowing what the new HC is going to want to do in regards to Taylor.

TT may ultimately never play another game in Buffalo, but there is literally zero probability that it is known for sure right now and it will be a coincidence if Schefter or anyone else is proven right in their assertion that he is done here because its a 50/50 shot of being right. NOBODY KNOWS...so why keep spreading this non sense as if there is some magical insight that doesn't exist?

Amen brother.

I do as well for what it is worth. I think that he is going to sign something like a 3 year $45M deal with $30M guaranteed. Maybe somewhere like Denver that believes that they can contend for a few more years while waiting on Lynch? I just think that there are a bunch of teams that need an upgrade an some of them have the talent to win now (mainly Denver, Houston and possibly Arizona). If he goes to Denver they go right back to being contenders.

Totally agree with this^^^^^^

It seems like Tyrod is starting to become even more undervalued with each day. The guy is not a bum.

An option definitely worth exploring: But can an option transfer from team to team or does Buffalo pick up the option first, then deal him?

Team he is traded to would have to pick up option, or the bonus goes against the Bills cap.

It's gonna come down to whether Tyrod wants to be here. Nobody is giving him that kind of guaranteed money. Only competition I see for his services is a team like Denver where he takes less money for a chance to increase his value on a playoff caliber team. Can't think of any other playoff caliber teams with a clear QB need.

he could get close. look at the backup qb in philly got, foles got 10 mil in kc. i could see him signing a 3 year 30-36 mil deal.

Unless a guy is going to use ten or more wallbash emojis I just don't think he has any conviction. Jw is being vague.

and that's another stupid thing. i had like 15 wallbashes but evidently there's a limit on how many emojis you can use in one post now, so i had to cut back.

this isn't making america great again, either, for cripes sake.

jw

Have you heard anything about the Lynn interview yesterday that is either positive or negative?

anything said by anyone on that is a moot point and pure spin.

first off, no one's going to speak to it on the record.

and i wouldn't be in a position to quote anyone off the record, because it doesn't speak to a "fact," but merely an "opinion," that is open to being biased depending on the source.

jw

and that's another stupid thing. i had like 15 wallbashes but evidently there's a limit on how many emojis you can use in one post now, so i had to cut back.

jw

America apparently will be great when we replace wallbashing with ballwashing

he could get close. look at the backup qb in philly got, foles got 10 mil in kc. i could see him signing a 3 year 30-36 mil deal.

Can't see a team committing more than a year or 2 to Taylor. He is what he is at this point. He'll never be a good passer, but he doesn't turn it over, can make some big plays when he gets outside the pocket, and is an asset to the run game. He's a good bridge to something better. Denver only situation where he might be the answer but elway isn't dumb enough to commit a lot of money to Taylor.

Whaley was probably up in the box with Pegula each Sunday pointing out how Rex and his running QB were missing open WR's and making bad calls on defense. Those two single handily sabotaged Whaley's stacked roster and he deserves another chance and Terry agrees...as a matter of fact Doug, do it your way this time!

Insert Anthony Lynn, Whaley's yes man.

I'd say that's more like it. :lol:

It's really easy to be hyper-critical of your QB in October when the offense had a couple poor showings early in the season.

But I think in December when:

1) The offense has been consistently moving the ball, putting up points and not turning the ball over for months.

2) Just had a team record day the first time the two starting WR were healthy all year and the QB seems to have been improving on certain deficiencies in recent weeks.

3) It's clear that there isn't going to be much of anything in the way of near-ready top QB prospects coming out.

4) And your otherwise intact offense is totally impotent without him in the finale.

Well THEN it's a little harder to be so quick to move on.

jw

anything said by anyone on that is a moot point and pure spin.

first off, no one's going to speak to it on the record.

and i wouldn't be in a position to quote anyone off the record, because it doesn't speak to a "fact," but merely an "opinion," that is open to being biased depending on the source.

jw

Thanks for the response, actually refreshing to hear. Edited by horned dogs

I'd say that's more like it. :lol:

It's really easy to be hyper-critical of your QB in October when the offense had a couple poor showings early in the season.

But I think in December when:

1) The offense has been consistently moving the ball, putting up points and not turning the ball over for months.

2) Just had a team record day the first time the two starting WR were healthy all year and the QB seems to have been improving on certain deficiencies in recent weeks.

3) It's clear that there isn't going to be much of anything in the way of near-ready top QB prospects coming out.

4) And your otherwise intact offense is totally impotent without him in the finale.

Well THEN it's a little harder to be so quick to move on.

If it's about winning games in 17' then the decision is easy. Brian ******** Hoyer or Tyrod? If it's about self preservation the decision is also easy. The results weren't what we wanted because those weren't my guys!! Right Anthony!?