Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

I asked this a few weeks ago: Who's the last QB the Bills developed? Answer: Joe friggin' Ferguson.

So...yeah, good luck drafting one. Only way you're getting good QB play on the Bills is if you kidnap an all-pro from another team and force him to play with his family held hostage.

And that's STILL a better strategy for acquiring a QB than anything the Bills have done in the past 15 years.

Oh **** - you are correct; I never even thought about it. They got lucky that Mouse Davis developed Jimbo in the USFL and then Marichbroda/Reich and himself were able to keep it up....

This team is not good for the liver...

I was speaking to this earlier. I think that the Bills failure in developing a QB has led the fans to have no idea what they are looking at. They have no idea what a young qb finding his way looks like. They are unfamiliar with the ups and downs that go along with the position. Lastly they don't watch enough other football to see what it looks like with other teams.

People want:

Carson Wentz a guy who had less tds throwing, a lower ypa, more ints, less total tds, and a lower qb rating

or a

Blake Bortles - less TDS, lower ypa, worse comp %, more ints

because they don't watch them every week and see the faults they see in Tyrod they watch HIGHLIGHTS!

Edited by section122

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People underestimate the threat of Tyrod running with the ball, throwing the deep ball, or scrambling into a signature sandlot pass and the effect it has on the how defenses defend us. You will see a huge drop in offensive production next season because of this unless Drew Brees walks in here, which he wont.

OK Ill bet you Tyrod starts for another team next season, whether its the Bills or not. Loser has to make a post after week 1 admitting defeat and chugging down crow.

No you won't, as I stated earlier TT had the Bills at 25.9 ppg with the #1 running game this year and in 2013 EJ had the Bills at 22.3 ppg without the #1 running game. Yes that is a 3 ppg drop off but there are a lot of QBs out there better than EJ and TT for that matter that, IMO will be closer to 25 ppg than not.

Tyrod will not be a starting QB in NFL next year unless it's with the Bills. I don't see that happening unless it's a clear stop gap, i.e. Case Keenum situation in LA

Romo notwithstanding, how about the Jets? Clear upgrade in my mind. Petty didn't show much and Hackenberg didn't show enough to be active all year.

Throw in all the picks the Jets have used on QB's recently Hackenberg, Petty, Tajh Boyd(!), Geno, took-a-year-off, McElroy and I think Tyrod would look attractive to them at the right price.

No you won't, as I stated earlier TT had the Bills at 25.9 ppg with the #1 running game this year and in 2013 EJ had the Bills at 22.3 ppg without the #1 running game. Yes that is a 3 ppg drop off but there are a lot of QBs out there better than EJ and TT for that matter that, IMO will be closer to 25 ppg than not.

In 2013 Buffalo had the #2 Rush offense in the league...

They had the #2 running game in 2013. It is closer to 4 points a game than to 3 points a game (25.9 to 22.3) and that is a difference of 10 spots in the PPG rankings. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Denver tried to sign him 2 years ago BEFORE he had experience as a starting QB, what makes you think they wouldn't be more interested now?

They were going to sign him to be a backup. Their whole perception of TT is probably different now, good or bad.

1) Tyrod is magic and fun to watch.

2) Great with the ball and hardly turns it over.

3) When the game was on the line to win and/or tie the game in the 4th, Tyrod in his career hardly commanded a victory.

If it is true he isn't not going to be a Bill, I will still root him on. Love the guy. Wish him the best.

They had the #2 running game in 2013. It is closer to 4 points a game than to 3 points a game (25.9 to 22.3) and that is a difference of 10 spots in the PPG rankings.

So 15 rush TDs is #2, goes to show you how much of a passing league it is and shows how much this years rushing attack carried the team.

Still not 4ppg

Against the garbage Jets, our top 3 RB's averaged:

Mike G - 15 for 40, 2.7ypc

J Will - 4 for 11, 2.8ypc

Shady - 5 for 10, 2ypc

A grand total of 24 carries for 61yds against the POS jets. Shady hasnt broken 100yds rushing with the Bills in any game that TT hasnt started (3 games).

If there are so many QBs out there that can easily put this offense close to 25ppg as you say why havent the Bills had a top 10 offense since 1999? When was the last time the Bills had a top 10 offense over the stretch of 2seasons? Jim Kelly?

Edited by bobobonators

If Whaley had simply not said..."We're close.." this would all be SO much less confusing IMHO...

I could understand them moving on from Tyrod...No matter what the plan may be...But I really don't see how you get closer in 2017 without Taylor...And I'm not a huge TT fan either...I could see them being about the same...But closer?...I think it's logical to accept a step back if you're moving on from Tyrod with a new HC...It's OK...Especially if the plan is to Draft a QB...

Just saying... B-)

Oh **** - you are correct; I never even thought about it. They got lucky that Mouse Davis developed Jimbo in the USFL and then Marichbroda/Reich and himself were able to keep it up....

This team is not good for the liver...

"Mouse" Davis had Kelly using his "run and shoot" offense in the USFL and Ted Marchibroda is the one I credit in fully developing Kelly as he is the one who taught him to call his own plays on the field.

I also credit Miami HC Howard Schnellenberger for running a pro style offense and he brought in Earl Morrell as QB coach. The one thing Kelly was great at from the start was running that 2 min drill and so when Ole Ted had Kelly run the no huddle it was like the 2 min drill all game long.

Man, I miss those days when the Bills had an elite starting QB!

Meanwhile, Sullivan and Carucci are still trying to figure out what Whaley meant by saying "I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning"

You have to put that quote in context. I checked it out. Sullivan asked him, "Why didn't you have oatmeal for breakfast," and Whaley said, "I had oatmeal for breakfast." Vic, snapping awake, said, "There's oatmeal for breakfast?" and Whaley said, "I had oatmeal for breakfast." Sully then Tweeted, "What's this thing Whaley has about oatmeal? Why is he so adamant he had oatmeal for breakfast when I heard from an unnamed source he DID NOT have oatmeal for breakfast. Complete dysfunction at OBD."

Context is everything, Fergie.

This is America, we have the right to question bogus speculation that take place well before a new head coach is appointed.

Who's to say the next coach doesn't love the guy????

Edited by HOUSE

For reference, 20.6pts a game would put us at 23rd in the NFL in scoring. Expect a whole lot more of that next season.

Yup you are right, Tyrod is the best QB to ever play the game. HOF here he comes, #1 GOAT!

Edited by old school

Romo notwithstanding, how about the Jets? Clear upgrade in my mind. Petty didn't show much and Hackenberg didn't show enough to be active all year.

Throw in all the picks the Jets have used on QB's recently Hackenberg, Petty, Tajh Boyd(!), Geno, took-a-year-off, McElroy and I think Tyrod would look attractive to them at the right price.

I'll give you Jets, I'm sure they'll be interested

The candidates that teams are interviewing: Vance Joseph, Harold Goodwin, Anthony Lynn, Kris Richards, Teryl Austin are all black. I may agree if his is the only name that keeps popping up but I think that every team is interviewing multiple minority candidates.

The first part I think is fair but don't agree. Denver is looking at this year saying to themselves "if we had Tyrod Taylor instead of Trevor Simien we would have a chance to win the Super Bowl. We won with a horrendous version of Peyton Manning last year. Instead we are out of the playoffs." I do think that bad teams will be in the mix as well because bad teams always need QBs.

That's correct. He was his OC in Baltimore.

I'm far from sold on Taylor, I just think he lacks consistency due to poor accuracy and decision making, his two biggest assets are mobility and not turning the ball over, I just don't see that as enough in today's NFL. I know Denver won SB with a shell of Peyton, but, that defense is now 2 years older and less dominant, I think they need a lot more than TT to get back.

As for Lynn, you might be right on Rooney rule situation, but, I'll stick by my prediction, I just don't see a team taking that step. I don't think he's done enough, not to mention trying to sell their fan base on hiring the Bills OC ?? Might not be the right reason not to hire him, but certainly a factor, as we've seen with the Bills and their hires over the years.