Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being a bit argumentative on a snowy Friday in Texas :flirt: , I should have qualified it and said for a winning NFL team or lead an NFL team to the playoffs

I do think TT will have a market maybe with Cleveland, Chicago or SF, but I don't see a serious playoff caliber team really being interested (i.e. Denver or Arizona)

As for Lynn, I think he's getting Rooney Rule interviews, while I like the intent of the rule, I think it creates a lot of false hope in some candidates

The candidates that teams are interviewing: Vance Joseph, Harold Goodwin, Anthony Lynn, Kris Richards, Teryl Austin are all black. I may agree if his is the only name that keeps popping up but I think that every team is interviewing multiple minority candidates.

The first part I think is fair but don't agree. Denver is looking at this year saying to themselves "if we had Tyrod Taylor instead of Trevor Simien we would have a chance to win the Super Bowl. We won with a horrendous version of Peyton Manning last year. Instead we are out of the playoffs." I do think that bad teams will be in the mix as well because bad teams always need QBs.

i believe Kubiak was the driving force there and he is gone now

That's correct. He was his OC in Baltimore.

That's not the question though. How many teams will pay him $18 million/yr to be the starter?

exactly, i know he is the best qb we had since bledsoe but like i said he is very average and is he worth committing that kind of money to for average play. Id rather keep swinging til we find one better that is worth paying and use that money now to build a solid foundation of talent elsewhere on the team

You do realize that none of the QBs that you mentioned played on the same respective teams, right? It kind of buries the point that you were trying to make.

?? The point is that plenty of franchises are "good" without a "franchise" QB and continue to produce solid competitive seasons until they do land that long-term, 10 year long answer at QB. You dont need to go full tank mode in an attempt to be great.

Schefter is pretty reliable.

Having said that, I just don't see how they could make this decision as of yet, it just doesn't make sense. You would think that they'd want to hire the new coach first and then get his input. Taking away the option of possibly having Tyrod I think could hurt us with our coaching search. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

They interview McDermott and Lynn right? Maybe they really like one of them and neither of them want Tyrod?

That's not the question though. How many teams will pay him $18 million/yr to be the starter?

Denver is my predicted landing spot for him somewhere in that neighborhood. Even if it isn't Denver after watching Fitz get $12 million and Brock get $18 is it really a stretch to say Tyrod will get somewhere in that neighborhood?

Tyrod has peaked. He is what he is. He was lucky to not get hurt this year either.. Running QBs, especially smaller guys like Tyrod are massive injury risks.

You are so right.

I mean seriously look at Russel Wilson he has missed 0 games in his career due to injury!

What you need is someone like Big Ben. He's huge and hasn't missed a game since week 7! I mean he has played in all 16 games 3 out of 13 seasons in the NFL compare that to Russell who has only done it 4 times in 4 years in the league! :doh:

exactly, i know he is the best qb we had since bledsoe but like i said he is very average and is he worth committing that kind of money to for average play. Id rather keep swinging til we find one better that is worth paying and use that money now to build a solid foundation of talent elsewhere on the team

That is the going rate for average play in the NFL. That is kind of the point. He will get the same contract that he has on the open market IMO. Brock Osweiler being such a disaster may hurt a little but he had like a 7 game sample size vs. 27 games for TT. Should this Bills team commit to him is different than should you pay $18M a year for decent QB play. Look at the salaries of the QBs in his range and you will find that's what guys like him get paid.

I am still 50/50. There is a part of me that thinks the window is shut on this team and therefore we should begin the process of ripping it down so that we can start again.

Another part thinks "maybe there is one more year in this group that could be a playoff year?"

If they can find a way of lowering the cap penalty to get out of the deal after 2017 then Tyrod should be the Quarterback next year.... but maybe that juat delays the inevitable by a year? I don't know.

I think at #10 DeShaun Watson is probably still there and if he is I am picking him regardless and if he plays well in camp and pre-season I am starting him. Let the future be now.

I'm with you. Lots of folks seem to think Watson will be available at #44 (of course, they don't like him, either.)

John Murphy asking on his show, "Do you want to be good or do you want to be great?"

Loaded question but he is selling us on wanting to be great. You interpret that how you will. Seems obvious what Bills mgmt is going to do.

So - does anyone have any confidence whatsoever that the current Front Office is even capable of finding a great QB? What about a good QB? :blink:

For the predisposed, especially.

I border on the JfH level of optimism.

This last week has been less than inspiring to say the least. The Lynn presser was bad, The NYJ game was brutal, the Whaley presser was a sh*t show regardless of who you think is to blame, and now news of cutting the best qb in 15 years. I'm not liking anything that has come from OBD recently. This has not been the best week for the Bills....

I border on the JfH level of optimism.

This last week has been less than inspiring to say the least. The Lynn presser was bad, The NYJ game was brutal, the Whaley presser was a sh*t show regardless of who you think is to blame, and now news of cutting the best qb in 15 years. I'm not liking anything that has come from OBD recently. This has not been the best week for the Bills....

Trying times, indeed.

and that's another stupid thing. i had like 15 wallbashes but evidently there's a limit on how many emojis you can use in one post now, so i had to cut back.

this isn't making america great again, either, for cripes sake.

jw

It's part of the NFL's new concussion-prevention initiative. Last time I used more than eight wallbashes, SDS put me in concussion protocol for a week.

So - does anyone have any confidence whatsoever that the current Front Office is even capable of finding a great QB? What about a good QB? :blink:

I asked this a few weeks ago: Who's the last QB the Bills developed? Answer: Joe friggin' Ferguson.

So...yeah, good luck drafting one. Only way you're getting good QB play on the Bills is if you kidnap an all-pro from another team and force him to play with his family held hostage.

And that's STILL a better strategy for acquiring a QB than anything the Bills have done in the past 15 years.

I asked this a few weeks ago: Who's the last QB the Bills developed? Answer: Joe friggin' Ferguson.

So...yeah, good luck drafting one. Only way you're getting good QB play on the Bills is if you kidnap an all-pro from another team and force him to play with his family held hostage.

And that's STILL a better strategy for acquiring a QB than anything the Bills have done in the past 15 years.

Oh $h!t - you are correct; I never even thought about it. They got lucky that Mouse Davis developed Jimbo in the USFL and then Marichbroda/Reich and himself were able to keep it up....

This team is not good for the liver...

Edited by Reed83HOF