HC candidate Kris Richard interviewing 1/8

YoloinOhio

What is it with this team and Defensive Coordinators as Head Coaches?? Why isn't this team leaning towards coaches with an Offensive bent and who've shown the ability to develop QBs? I mean, if you're going to go with the out of the box scenario, why not Toub out of KC? One of the best Special Teams units in the NFL since he arrived in KC a few years ago.

They necessarily didn't do any better when they had Chan Gailey as the HC or Doug Marronne

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are sky high he won't be there...And chances are pretty good Adams won't either...Safeties like those two are SO hard to find nowadays...Though they are VERY different players...What they do well they do REALLY well... B-)

So 2 safetys in the top 10

I'm so intrigued with Peppers...I think the folks that are downgrading him because he does not have a pure position are nuts...He's a weapon on Defense...

I fully expect Williams to be gone in the top 9...I think the comparisons to AJ Green are fair in his case...If he were to fall to #10 I would throw a party!!! B-)

whaley will probably give 2 1st for him

So 2 safetys in the top 10

whaley will probably give 2 1st for him

They're not just 2 safeties though...One Strong, one Free, and each the best prospect to come out at their position in years...

Agreed on Whaley...He's never met a draft pick he did not want to trade... B-)

So it seems local media still agree that A Lynn is the leader in the clubhouse to get the job. With that said every candidate we've interviewed is available to be hired immediately with the exceprion of 1 .... Kris Richard.

With the Bills seemingly finished with their interviews or about to be it would make sense for that decision to come down at the end of the week. So if it is indeed A. LYNN I suspect we will hear something by Friday.

Now if nothing happens by Friday, I think itd be a strong indication that RICHARD might be the guy. Remember the Bills nor Richard can come to any agreement until rhe Seahawks are eliminated from the playoffs, and that could be a while.

I'm actally excited about Richard so Im excited to see what unfolds this week. Im rooting for no news.

BTW....has Richard gotten any other HC interviews this yr.?

So it seems local media still agree that A Lynn is the leader in the clubhouse to get the job. With that said every candidate we've interviewed is available to be hired immediately with the exceprion of 1 .... Kris Richard.

With the Bills seemingly finished with their interviews or about to be it would make sense for that decision to come down at the end of the week. So if it is indeed A. LYNN I suspect we will hear something by Friday.

Now if nothing happens by Friday, I think itd be a strong indication that RICHARD might be the guy. Remember the Bills nor Richard can come to any agreement until rhe Seahawks are eliminated from the playoffs, and that could be a while.

I'm actally excited about Richard so Im excited to see what unfolds this week. Im rooting for no news.

BTW....has Richard gotten any other HC interviews this yr.?

Your logic makes sense. I will be glad when a coach has been hired, we know if TT will be retained, and we can start looking forward to the 2017 season.

All this conjecture and negativity is really starting to get old. Thank you for starting a positive thread.

Idk anything about his stats though i hear they're good. But i would hire this guy based on this video alone lol. Love his energy. Love his personality.

Im just going off of personality so dont mind me. I just would love to see this guy react on the sidelines when good things happen on the field.

Same here. Richard is who I want.

McDermott reminds me too much of Dick Jauron. Just a dud personality without Belichick's brilliance. A career DC who will fail as a HC, IMO.

per: Sheil Kapadia, ESPN Writer

Pete Carroll on Kris Richard as a head-coaching candidate: "I think Kris is a remarkable coach. I've been with him since he was a player, so I've watched him really truly grow up as a coach. He was a GA for us at USC, then was hired on here. He's an extraordinary coach because he relates so well. He's so smart. He's a brilliant guy. He handles schemes and adjustments and situations and players and things in extraordinary fashion. He has a very strong philosophy, very clear about what he wants to do and how he wants it to go. He's tough. He's got a real toughness about him that makes him unique. He's not just going to tap guys on the back and hope they do well. He's going to direct them, motivate them, relate to them. I think he's an amazing candidate for when the time comes, and I don't think it's too far off."

They necessarily didn't do any better when they had Chan Gailey as the HC or Doug Marronne

I refer to Darrell Bevell and Kyle Shanahan and you invoke Chan Gailey and Doug Marrone? I may be alone in this, but I don't think there is virtually any similarity except that all four of them pee standing up....ok, not Marrone, but the other three. Bevell is a Super Bowl winning OC 2x, has developed Russell Wilson and initially identified his talent and lobbied to Draft him to the Seahawks (yes, there are facts to back it up, you just have to read through the internet and reliable information), and Shanahan has one of the most dynamic Offenses in football to a near record setting tune...with Matt Ryan throwing for nearly 5,000 yards, 38 TDs to 7 INTs, the lowest number of INTs he's thrown in his career. And before you extol the virtues of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, keep in mind while Jones had gaudy-like numbers for a couple games, he was also hurt for a fair portion of the year and Ryan with Shanahan's offense was doing it without him. But of course, Doug Marrone - the Syracuse HC who could barely accomplish much, and Chan Gailey was already out of his depth, are comparable to those two names....

Edited by BigBuff423

Your logic makes sense. I will be glad when a coach has been hired, we know if TT will be retained, and we can start looking forward to the 2017 season.

All this conjecture and negativity is really starting to get old. Thank you for starting a positive thread.

It doesn't matter, I heard people are saying new coach is going to prefer boneless wings from Pizza Hut...we're dooomed