HC candidate Kris Richard interviewing 1/8

YoloinOhio

or guys that wont threaten his job security.

Comments intended for everyone touting this view, not just Barbarian: Can we please put a fork in this and declare it done right now?

Whaley has job security if the Bills win consistently

Whaley has no job security if the Bills don't win consistently

With me so far?

Therefore the only coach who will not threaten Whaley's job security, is a coach who will win consistently

Whaley is therefore not looking for any other characteristic in a coach but one he believes will take this team as it stands after this next years FA/draft and win consistently.

The last DC from Seahawks who got head coach opportunity worked out.

Buddy of mine is a Seahawks fan and told me it would be a mistake other than he is used to working with headcases.

Kris Richard? Why does he think that?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz, Bradley any other previous head coach. It's obvious he is bringing coaches he can control.

he wants someone he can work with and his choice. He has to get it right or else.

Comments intended for everyone touting this view, not just Barbarian: Can we please put a fork in this and declare it done right now?

Whaley has job security if the Bills win consistently

Whaley has no job security if the Bills don't win consistently

With me so far?

Therefore the only coach who will not threaten Whaley's job security, is a coach who will win consistently

Whaley is therefore not looking for any other characteristic in a coach but one he believes will take this team as it stands after this next years FA/draft and win consistently.

exactly.

According to him the players if they do not like plays sometimes take off a play to show it will not work or will do things as they want and go rogue.

Seattle calls it "latitude" but it just hard to keep some of the egos in check when you are DC drawing up plans.

According to him the players if they do not like plays sometimes take off a play to show it will not work or will do things as they want and go rogue.

Seattle calls it "latitude" but it just hard to keep some of the egos in check when you are DC drawing up plans.

I can definitely see that. They had the whole thing with trying to tell the offense what calls to make, I can only imagine what goes on for the defense.

not bringing in Coughlin and other HCs like Schwartz and Bradley shows that he wants to be able to control his HC. What he should be doing is getting the best guy period.

I am a fan of Coughlin, but seems your qualifications are HC that were fired which would usually get Whaley mocked around here, but it is pretty funny to me that you think this.

Edited by What a Tuel

And again:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/816009034021085184

Dear God....all these DC interviews but Bevell & Shanahan remain unlinked to Bills.

I don't have a "need:" to have an O Coach or a D coach. I have the need of a coach that will take the mindset of coach Belichick that sits and watches the game and allows his OC and DC run the game and instigated changes at they are necessary. We have seen the DC minded coach that says Mine is the best. I want a coach that says My OC and DC has the best plan and when it isn't working I will instruct them to change things.

I don't have a "need:" to have an O Coach or a D coach. I have the need of a coach that will take the mindset of coach Belichick that sits and watches the game and allows his OC and DC run the game and instigated changes at they are necessary. We have seen the DC minded coach that says Mine is the best. I want a coach that says My OC and DC has the best plan and when it isn't working I will instruct them to change things.

Ever notice how no matter who the coordinators are the Patriots remain the same. That's because it's Belichick's team. I'd like to see the Bills hire a HC not a guy that is married to one side of the game. Chan failed because by his own admission he did not pay attention to the defense. Rex failed because he was so committed to his defense he was going to run it no matter what.

Edited by chris heff

This is so true. Was Marv an offensive or defensive coach? If anything he was a special teams coach but there was no mistaking who was in charge. Finding someone who will relinquish control to both the OC and DC but sets the tone and direction and is a true leader is what I want.

Belichick is the gold standard. Marv was a very good example too. Read Tasker's piece on Bruce DeHaven, Marv let DeHaven game plan and do his thing but was involved and knew what was happening. On offense, Marv let Marchibroda and Bresnahan run the offense but he was involved in short yardage calls and you know he endorsed/encouraged the no huddle.

The Seahawks under Carroll are not afraid to take different approaches. I like it.

This is so true. Was Marv an offensive or defensive coach? If anything he was a special teams coach but there was no mistaking who was in charge. Finding someone who will relinquish control to both the OC and DC but sets the tone and direction and is a true leader is what I want.

Belichick is the gold standard. Marv was a very good example too. Read Tasker's piece on Bruce DeHaven, Marv let DeHaven game plan and do his thing but was involved and knew what was happening. On offense, Marv let Marchibroda and Bresnahan run the offense but he was involved in short yardage calls and you know he endorsed/encouraged the no huddle.

BB may be the gold standard but there has never been anyone like him. Ever. Able to teach and game plan both sides of the ball as well as evaluate talent for his two systems. So to try to emulate the way he does it may be the VERY worst possible strategy.

BB may be the gold standard but there has never been anyone like him. Ever. Able to teach and game plan both sides of the ball as well as evaluate talent for his two systems. So to try to emulate the way he does it may be the VERY worst possible strategy.

People forget about Ernie Adams lurking in the shadows.

He reminds me very much of when Mike Tomlin was hired by Pittsburgh. If you recall, Tomlin was a green behind the ears coach with a lot of energy who dcoordinated a top notch defense(Minnesota). A lot of people thought Tomlin was just the Rooney Rule guy for the Steelers and not a serious candidate then everyone was shocked when he was hired

Edited by gonzo1105

He reminds me very much of when Mike Tomlin was hired by Pittsburgh. If you recall, Tomlin was a green behind the ears coach with a lot of energy who dcoordinated a top not defense(Minnesota). A lot of people thought Tomlin was just the Rooney Rule guy for the Steelers and not a serious candidate then everyone was shocked when he was hired

Exactly.....