HC candidate Kris Richard interviewing 1/8

YoloinOhio

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pschrags

Bills brass en route to Seattle to interview Seahawks DC Kris Richard this evening for Buffalo HC position. @NFLonFOX @gmfb

This guy has really grown on me based on what I've seen from his mic'd up videos. Love the energy that he brings and he's always teaching. I wonder what kind of staff he'd put together Edited by Bangarang

He reminds me very much of when Mike Tomlin was hired by Pittsburgh. If you recall, Tomlin was a green behind the ears coach with a lot of energy who dcoordinated a top notch defense(Minnesota). A lot of people thought Tomlin was just the Rooney Rule guy for the Steelers and not a serious candidate then everyone was shocked when he was hired

Tomlin wasn't particularly accomplished......he had been a DC one year with Minnesota and his pass defense was the worst in the league that year.

Richard is a bit further along in the process than Tomlin was so not sure the Tomlin comparison is fair.

He has been the DC of a defense for two years that is part of a historically good run of defense. And his area of expertise......the secondary.......is considered the backbone of that defense and the success they've had coincides with his ascension to DB coach.

My biggest issue with him is that I think he'd get 3 years to prove himself and that is incongruent with how much losing I'd be able to tolerate from a Whaley lead franchise..........and the next GM should be able to choose his guy.

First, I don't think Tyrod is nearly as good as Russell Wilson. Wilson is my favorite player in the league not counting Bills.

But...

Since Richards has been with the Seahawks awhile, and saw how Wilson grew as an all around QB, it would not surprise me if he was a Tyrod fan, and thought he would be the best option available.

First, I don't think Tyrod is nearly as good as Russell Wilson. Wilson is my favorite player in the league not counting Bills.

But...

Since Richards has been with the Seahawks awhile, and saw how Wilson grew as an all around QB, it would not surprise me if he was a Tyrod fan, and thought he would be the best option available.

Richard probably has a pretty fresh memory of Tyrod from this season.

But...

FWIW, the game the Tyrod lead Bills offense had in Seattle was as good as any team has had since the Seahawks started their run of top defense.

So wouldn't be a surprise.

Yup. Another good point. And the Seahawks defense had nothing but great things to say about him, even before the game.

Tyrod may not be consistent enough as a passer, but his all around abilities make him really hard to gameplan for.

Yup. Another good point. And the Seahawks defense had nothing but great things to say about him, even before the game.

Tyrod may not be consistent enough as a passer, but his all around abilities make him really hard to gameplan for.

This is why I'm also advocating bringing Carl Smith if possible!

Yep. That was a lot of what the Hawks players were saying. Having to practice against Wilson all the time, you would think that of any team they would be able to handle him. But they weren't. And since Richards was the guy doing the defensive gameplan it's easy to imagine he thinks TT is good.

Yep. That was a lot of what the Hawks players were saying. Having to practice against Wilson all the time, you would think that of any team they would be able to handle him. But they weren't. And since Richards was the guy doing the defensive gameplan it's easy to imagine he thinks TT is good.

That and the fact that TT moved the ball up and down on that defense pretty much all game

I'm on board if he brings the tackling technique

That and players actually swarming to the football.

The Bills played D like they thought it was illegal for two players to be trying to tackle the same guy at once.

Also standing up ball carriers and stripping the football would be nice.

A little "instinct in a bottle".....aka water+adderall.......like they use in Seattle would be helpful too. :thumbsup: