Peter

Would you take Wade back?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Wade back?

• Yes, as head coach
    • Yes, as defensive coordinator
    • No

Last coach to take the Bills to the playoffs is on the market:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/exclusive-wade-phillips-whose-contract-is-up-wants-to-remain-with-broncos

Is it time to end the curse?

I would take Wade any way we could get him.

I am sure he would be jumping at the chance to come back to Buffalo as a coordinator! Are you guys serious?

This. Not sure he'd be jumping at the chance to come back as a HC, but with new owners and GM and such there's at least the option, if Denver is stupid enough to let him go.

I'd be happy to have Lynn and Gus Bradley go coach in Denver and let us have Wade.

Terrible? 82 - 64 lifetime, 29 - 19 as Bills HC.

Phillips has always been a good headcoach,who's never quite met the expectations of the team he's in charge of.

That said at his age,I doubt he wants to get involved with this tire fire.

All I know is he was 10-6, 11-5, 8-8 with Bills and also as DC he had 2 #1 defenses with Ted Washington leading the charge. in 98-99 he went to the playoffs, Flutie was on the Dolphins 6 yard line and couldn't get into the endzone on 4 downs for the win. Next year we went back, Flutie benched and we all know what happened. That my friends is a whole lot more excitement and something worth arguing when your season ends!

There is only one way to erase the bad karma that has resulted in the past 17 years of misery.

As you know, I wanted to keep the coach that had the best record for the Bills in the past 17 years. He is gone now.

That leaves us one choice and one choice only: hire the guy who the Bills never should have fired and has the best record as head coach of the Buffalo Bills since 1998 and is the last head coach to take the Bills to the playoffs.

Hint: He did not wear a head set and now has as Super Bowl ring.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/30/wade-phillips-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-fired/

I am probably in the minority, but I always thought Wade was a great coach, a great defensive mind, and a great guy. We should right the wrong.

P.S. If we are considering Tom Coughlin, Wade is one year younger. A baby at 69.

We hired the wrong son(s) of a coach with Rex. Bum has always been a stand up guy.

I posted this earlier, but in case you guys did not see it.

I am good friends with people who know Wade personally. I also met him a few times while he was HC of the Bills. As an aside, he lived on the same street as Scotty Bowman near where some good friends of our family lived.

Wade is a great guy. He loves Buffalo, and as far as I know, I would be very surprised if he were to turn down a chance to come back as HC.

Of course, I have no idea what he thinks about our current "General" Manager etc.

In my judgment, Wade would be a great HC (and already was one before).

Edited by Peter

He's been repeatedly fired as a HC because it's really an executive job that requires attention to detail and that ain't Wade's style.

Without it, things gradually deteriorate.

Great DC..........if he came to Buffalo and won a SB as DC you'd have to even start considering him as a HOF DC because that would be viewed as a miracle. :lol:

I don't think the Bills have the personnel to run a 3-4...But if they did it, then you can't do better than Wade as a DC...That is pretty much proven...

Wade Phillips is not committed to one front; with 2 injuries to starters he changed formations between weeks when Bills coach.