Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

pegs spending $15 mil on rex not to mention the other coaches he fired. TT getting injured ties him to the Bills and $30+ mil so he's protecting their interests by doing this. Guess this means TT won't be back either?

Nope it definitely does not mean that.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we will judge all future Bills coaches in less than two years and without considering:

1) whether he was the most successful Bills coach in past 17 years;

2) depth of injuries to key players and positions;

3) bottom half QB play for most part;

4) having to play street free agents;

5) suspensions.

Hmmmm

Edited by Peter

I guess we will judge all future Bills coaches in less than two years and without considering whether:

5) suspensions.

Hmmmm

Most coaches deal with all these excuses. Don't take a good defense and make it horrific and you won't get fired in 2 years. You were wrong bro. It's ova. Edited by jmc12290

And Schefter reported Bills to start EJ. Yeah, that makes no sense. Doug still thinks EJ can be the guy?

Or, playoff hopes are dead, Taylor is healthy so they dodged the injury guarantee, and Cardale isn't ready, so give a good kid one more chance to show teams he can play so he gets signed in the off season...

I guess we will judge all future Bills coaches in less than two years and without considering:

5) suspensions.

Hmmmm

I agree that a coach needs more than 2 years but there needs to be improvement from year to year. A defensive coach who's defense was performing this poorly is a big problem. It was worse than last year. Team seemed to be heading in the wrong direction.

Reasons to start EJ vs the Jets:

-- The Bills haven't decided what to do about TT. If he gets hurt they're on the hook for his salary. The Pegulas aren't afraid to dump cash, but the salary cap is the issue. Personally I think the Bills should keep TT. He's flawed (throws late a lot) but also has unique strengths (running). There are no alternatives available.

-- Cardale is not ready.

-- EJ is an experienced QB. Not very good, but actually better than some starters in the league and definitely better than many backups. The Bills won't retain him but if he shows well this week he'll have some trade value.

-- Lose and get the #9 pick. Win and it could be #19, To get those 10 spots back in all the rounds of the draft, the Bills would have to trade other pics or some valued player. Not worth it. No one cares except the coaches and players if we're 7-9 or 8-8.

Some of those are likely mutually exclusive. If EJ plays well the Bills could win, and still lose those draft slots, but at least we might get value for EJ.

Seems pretty obvious what is going on here. Lynn gets elevated now so that he has the best (and maybe only) opportunity to become HC of the Bills. Whaley does not want a real and open process because he is concerned that the Pegulas will hear HC candidates raising issues about the GM (including what happens if he is dismissed), the organization and the talent. Whaley is trying to make the hiring of Lynn a fait accompli to protect his own position. All of this is supported by the positive articles and mentions that Lynn started getting over the last few weeks in the press. He was built up by some with an agenda to make this go more smoothly.

I kind of thought our coaching was average-ish but so was our roster. I think Whaley and Rex share equal responsibility for our mediocrity. An average GM with an average coach winning roughly half their games working together. Seems right.

Apparently, the Pegulas bought into a different narrative: we have a good roster that's poorly led. The coach is to blame, not the GM.

Interesting that Rob was fired, too. Wonder who's idea that was.