Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we really know Lynn "is a man of character"? Do you know him? This guy was a RB coach 4 months ago! I think it's fair to say he was is/was an average OC. Hard to say what he is or isn't as there is a very small body of work. Now OBD is considering him the HC replacement!! LOL. Only the Buffalo Bills would do this. It's ridiculous.

Read about what happened to him in Dallas.

If Lynn becomes head coach, I think Tyrod stays. Will be interesting to see if cardale or Tyrod start now. Whaley should be the next that's shown the door. Imagine Bob Ryan and Rex's other cronies will be fir d today too. With 20 coaches, they can afford to fire a few anyway

Tyrod is benched, this is so he stays healthy so they don't have to pay him next year. He is gone because they need a better passing game and last week isn't enough to make that decision change for next year.

Yes. So while Whaley might have preferred another candidate, it seems unlikely he was vociferously opposed to Rex.

He would have spoken his piece, but the owners decision would be the final one and everyone else who works for them

would be expected to fall in line. Just like in "regular" jobs. He very well might not have hired Rex had it been solely his

decision.

Personally, I can see sending them both packing. They are very similar in personality. As you say, they may have even asked to be fired together. Maybe Rob took credit for the 10 men on the field !@#$ up to save Rex. I've no idea.

My point was about appearances as a follow-up to the attractiveness of coaching gigs in Buffalo. The speculation that big-name coaches are going to jump at the chance to come here does depend on appearances and the overall appearance is one of dysfunction and possibly even pettiness.

No big name coaches are available. Nor would they choose Buffalo due to the lack of a QB. Put Tony Romo on the Bills or Phillip Rivers and they would come if they are out there.

I never buy this. There are 32 of these jobs in the world

Yes, but the pool of candidates is always relatively small and these jobs open up quite frequently. Some guys would rather stay working a lesser coaching job rather than going somewhere they don't get a fair chance. No one wants to go to work everyday to be surrounded by dysfunction.

Rex had to go. I predict it will be Lynn but it's not set in stone and probably shouldn't be. I don't think it will be hard to get a top DC candidate at all. The Bills have a lot of talent on defense already. Most teams looking for coaches and coordinators have substantially less.

This is the most logical and likely outlook of the situation.