Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawson has not played fine. He played only 16 snaps against Miami and looked like crap. He generated no numbers - sacks/pressures/tackles.

Link? I like Bedard. Is it radio?

Radio. He does 4 hours of break downs on 98.5 in Boston every Tuesday during the NFL season. He says Rex will be a really good d coordinator again some day. Really beating up the Pegula's for their involvement with the players this season and saying that is going to be a problem for any new coach. His guess on new coach was Jim S.

As I have said before, Lynn is a person of high character and has worked his way up in the league. He is a guy whom Rex promoted and few people knew who he was when he became OC and many found his promotion controversial.

The fact is, as much as I (and other Bilks fans) may think of Lynn, he is not going to be as in demand or highly thought of as he is here. Being HC of the Bills is probably his best shot.

Huh? Lynn was in demand as much as anyone last year. And after having a top 10 offense in points and above average in yards with a bad QB, he is absolutely a hot candidate.

Radio. He does 4 hours of break downs on 98.5 in Boston every Tuesday during the NFL season. He says Rex will be a really good d coordinator again some day. Really beating up the Pegula's for their involvement with the players this season and saying that is going to be a problem for any new coach. His guess on new coach was Jim S.

Thanks. The Pegulas do not inspire confidence as owners, but I am grateful they bought the team. It's virtually impossible to not make the playoffs for 6 straight years in the NHL, btw.

Why do people have a hard time believing this.

It is obvious (I also predicted firing Rex would not go over well).

Huh? Lynn was in demand as much as anyone last year. And after having a top 10 offense in points and above average in yards with a bad QB, he is absolutely a hot candidate.

He was . . . or were people satisfying the RR?

AGAIN, I like Lynn. I believe he would be better received here than elsewhere. I just don't see him firing up LA fan base etc.

Edited by Peter

You mother******!

Intrigue . . Does that explain play calling before 4th down play. I am just joking.

Satisfying the RR?

Rooney Rule. Again, I am not taking anything away from Lynn. I like him and think he could be good. I just do't see him as someone who has been in high demand yet or would be someone whom Kroenke would hire to excite LA fan base.

The Bills may be hist best option and about the only place where he may be warmly received (at least by half the fan base).

Intrigue . . Does that explain play calling before 4th down play. I am just joking.

Rooney Rule. Again, I am not taking anything away from Lynn. I like him and think he could be good. I just do't see him as someone who has been in high demand yet or would be someone whom Kroenke would hire to excite LA fan base.

The Bills may be hist best option and about the only place where he may be warmly received (at least by half the fan base).

Can you give me the names of 5 candidates who would excite LA? Edited by jmc12290

Lawson has not played fine. He played only 16 snaps against Miami and looked like crap. He generated no numbers - sacks/pressures/tackles.

Heh...his snap count went down before Sunday's game. Ryan wanted to partly blame Lawson for the run defense failures against Pittsburgh, but in retrospect it hardly seems like any of the players' fault.

Jerry Hughes hasn't done much lately, either. Who did well in that Miami game, anyway? Kyle? Alexander? Dareus looked pretty good...

Heh...his snap count went down before Sunday's game. Ryan wanted to partly blame Lawson for the run defense failures against Pittsburgh, but in retrospect it hardly seems like any of the players' fault.

Jerry Hughes hasn't done much lately, either. Who did well in that Miami game, anyway? Kyle? Alexander? Dareus looked pretty good...

Hughes has spiraled downward and looks slow, presumably because of the hamstring. Dareus looks good, as does Kyle, but the rest ... ugh. Douzable made a couple of plays but he also had a couple of terrible plays.

1 of those guys will be available. And he already sucked in Denver.

Maybe Payton too but that's it.

Maybe you should be more precise in your language. Sorry, I could not resist.

So you think that Lynn is going to be in high demand for the Rams job?

I like Lynn, but I just do not think that A Lynn is the guy who Silent Stan Kroenke is going to higher to help sell seats in their new stadium.

Hmmm.

I find it alarming that a Sports Illustrated guy like Bedard who gets paid to break down film calls our defensive guys "dumb" and says they "just don't get it"

It is sad.

I find it alarming that a Sports Illustrated guy like Bedard who gets paid to break down film calls our defensive guys "dumb" and says they "just don't get it"

That was a thing that cropped up last year - Schwartz recognized what he had intelligence-wise and ran a simple scheme as a consequence. In contrast, Rex force-fed a group of knuckle-draggers his hand-crafted Rube Goldberg machine. The only one who was smart on that D was Lawson, and he was probably the best player on it the final quarter of last season. He's no longer on the team, of course.

Edited by dave mcbride