Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

That was a thing that cropped up last year - Schwartz recognized what he had and ran a simple scheme as a consequence. In contrast, Rex force-fed him his hand-crafted Rube Goldberg machine.

And then didn't even turn on the Goldberg machine. There were times last week when he had 3-4 guys rushing, the linebackers five yards off the ball, AND the DBs playing off the receivers. WTF?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a thing that cropped up last year - Schwartz recognized what he had intelligence-wise and ran a simple scheme as a consequence. In contrast, Rex force-fed a group of knuckle-draggers his hand-crafted Rube Goldberg machine. The only one who was smart on that D was Lawson, and he was probably the best player on it the final quarter of last season. He's no longer on the team, of course.

So they are dumb and can't tackle...that's how you get 200 yard rushers. I don't care what scheme your playing or teaching if your playing 11 on 11 and multiple guys are running over you to that extent the problems RUN DEEP

So they are dumb and can't tackle...that's how you get 200 yard rushers. I don't care what scheme your playing or teaching if your playing 11 on 11 and multiple guys are running over you to that extent the problems RUN DEEP

It's a mess -- a complete mess. That defense has some talented players and shouldn't be as bad as they are. Are they the most talented group in the league? No, definitely not. But good coaching should make them a top 15 D, and I expect that their current #24 ranking in FO will go down to the high 20s once the Miami game gets factored into FO's ranking system tomorrow.

That was a thing that cropped up last year - Schwartz recognized what he had intelligence-wise and ran a simple scheme as a consequence. In contrast, Rex force-fed a group of knuckle-draggers his hand-crafted Rube Goldberg machine. The only one who was smart on that D was Lawson, and he was probably the best player on it the final quarter of last season. He's no longer on the team, of course.

schwartzs scheme has always been easy. it was a glove like fit for our personnel. whaley also seems to like adding the prototype athlete over the scrappy over achiever.

in todays limited practice time nfl, simple can sometimes be better if you can be bigger faster stronger.

This is right on.

If players do not tackle or jump up while in position to make a play in pass coverage . . . it does not make any freaking difference whether you are playing wide 9, Rex's defense, the Seahawks' defense etc.

You have to read this story.

That is what made me call him a MF.

i typically fall for that . . . and always feel foolish a nanosecond after clicking on the link.

schwartzs scheme has always been easy. it was a glove like fit for our personnel. whaley also seems to like adding the prototype athlete over the scrappy over achiever.

in todays limited practice time nfl, simple can sometimes be better if you can be bigger faster stronger.

Yup. He has that Eagles D playing well - 6th according to FO, which factors in that they have played the toughest offensive schedule in the entire NFL.

Do not expect a playoff team soon. New coach, new schemes, shuffling talent and all the stuff a rebuild does. It gets tiring.

i think we should be pretty comfortable, short of bringing in someone from seattle or an old school tampa 2.

outside of that, our defense should handle most standard scheming ok.

on offense there would be some question marks but when healthy theres a lot of talent available to scheme with.

Tell that to Miami.

I live in Miami.

They have two QBs that are better at that vertical passing thing . . . .

Gase also got some heat for supposedly being over his head during the first part of the season.

Edited by Peter

Damn you to hell.

i typically fall for that . . . and always feel foolish a nanosecond after clicking on the link.

I always fall for it when someone does it. Sometimes I cringe. Other times I laugh like I am 5 years old again. Wish there was some way to delete pictures off the internet. lol

You live in Miami.

So you see first hand a first year head coach with a new system, scheme and players going to the playoffs.

What are you bitching about again?

Yes, it worked with:

Gregg Williams

Mularkey

Jauron

Gailey

Marrone

and also with

Todd Bowles

Nick Saban

Cam Cameron

Joe Philbin

I always fall for it when someone does it. Sometimes I cringe. Other times I laugh like I am 5 years old again. Wish there was some way to delete pictures off the internet. lol

Yep.

I wonder if that guy knows that he is a star on this board.

This should be the guy on the top of Doug Whaley's list of people to interview.

Yes, it worked with:

Gregg Williams

Mularkey

Jauron

Gailey

Marrone

and also with

Todd Bowles

Nick Saban

Cam Cameron

Joe Philbin

Yep.

I wonder if that guy knows that he is a star on this board.

This should be the guy on the top of Doug Whaley's list of people to interview.

Indeed he does. He has an account and has posted here. Spoken for truth.

Absolutely hated the Rex hiring and got blasted on this board for saying so at the time of hiring. Eventually got on board with him as coach, cause what else are you going to do? So glad to see him gone!

It just never felt right to me...Though, like you, I decided to look on the bright side...For me at least it was mainly because he was the Jets HC, and recently we had been thumping the Jets...I just identified Rex with the Jets and I could not get over that to be honest...

But Rex made it tough not to pull for him...I loved the way he embraced the history, the city, and the fans...

In the end..If Rex Ryan can't manage a top 10 caliber Defense, then why have Rex Ryan as your HC? B-)

Just read an article about Gus Bradley and the Seattle defensive coaching tree the other day...And that's pretty much exactly what they base their defensive philosophy on...Almost word-for word... B-)

This now reminds me of the aftermath to Brexit where those who were pushing to get out of Europe suddenly realized they actually have to deal with the aftermath.

I just read that our top candidates are Tom Coughlin and Teryl Austin.

I hope you guys are excited.

Edited by Peter