Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

This now reminds me of the aftermath to Brexit where those who were pushing to get out of Europe suddenly realized they actually have to deal with the aftermath.

I just read that our top candidates are Tom Coughlin and Teryl Austin.

I hope you guys are excited.

Tom Coughlin won 2 Superbowls bro.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex's record the past two years is better than Tom Coughlin's record his last two years and (in case you forgot) Tom Coughlin had Eli Freaking Manning as his QB.

8 straight seasons without a losing one in NY. He's a good coach too - he built Jax up from nothing quickly and did a great job at BC. Like Belichick he's one of the giants of the Parcells coaching tree. Payton is a good one too. I'm not advocating hiring him, but he's a good coach. Donohoe wanted to hire him in Buffalo back in the day - he was on record as saying that he was the most prepared coach out there. He is old though ...

Most coaches do NOT get fired under these circumstances.

Do NOT get fired for underperforming? He's a defensive coach with a terrible defense and poor game management skills.

Given the firing today was only done to humiliate Rex, this won't be an attractive job (if it ever was).

Exactly how do you know that was done as a humiliation tactic? Were you in the room? Is Tuesday a particularly more offensive day than Wednesday or Thursday to you?

+1 and if Anthony Lynn is the best they do, yuck.

Anthony Lynn has been on the top coordinators to watch for HC jobs lists for half the year. Please name 4 REALISTIC options that you think would be so much better.

Completely agree with this. Unattractive? Like you said, there are 32 of these jobs. I could see maybe Jim Harbaugh or existing NFL head coaches saying no, but any high profile coordinator who wants to be a HC is not going to say, "Buffalo? Nah."

Hi

576x324_jimsmith2.png

@JeffDarlington

Unlike Rex's departure from the Jets, Bills players tell me Rex/Rob lost defensive side of the locker room: “Too many cooks in the kitchen."

If this is true it's actually worrisome. The guy may have been incompetent but players all around the league have loved playing for this guy. This makes our locker room sound a bit toxic.

You seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time pushing this narrative.

Be proud. Your side carried the day. You should be pleased that what some of you so obsessively wanted happened.

You need a hug bro? I've rarely seen someone feign this level of righteous indignation. You realize you're upset about a below average coach and football is still just a game right?

The sad part is, Rex has the best record out of any of our coaches since we last made the playoffs.

If this is true it's actually worrisome. The guy may have been incompetent but players all around the league have loved playing for this guy. This makes our locker room sound a bit toxic.

The players that were here in 2014 never got on board with Rex's system.

But also Rex's system sucks.

This now reminds me of the aftermath to Brexit where those who were pushing to get out of Europe suddenly realized they actually have to deal with the aftermath.

well no. I am not excited at all. Tom days have passed him by. Does he have skill, exp and solid philosophy? sure he does. But he is not going to maintain the level needed day to day to turn a team around. Why would he want to make that investment?

Hope Pegula has a plan.

I am sure Russ and Whaley do.....

@AlbertBreer

Interim coach Anthony Lynn will certainly get a shot at the full-time gig in Buffalo. Another guy they could kick tires on: Jim Schwartz.

I'd do that

Media hype

Until the decision to punt in OT I was willing to give him another shot. Perhaps the fact that every other scenario we needed to happen did happen has clouded my thoughts, but that ranks up there in top 100 dumbest moves by the Bills. Most franchises would limit bad decisions to a top 5, but I digress.

McCoy is one of the guys who was still acting like a pro out there and giving 100% effort this past Saturday. Don't have a ton of respect for him as a person but he seems like he has a passion for the game and leaves everything out on the field. He got a big deal and is living up to it.

definitely hear what you're saying. He's a leader byexample on tthefield

No, I am good. I do not want to disrupt your circle jerk.

do you have a cracker? We ran out

A post on BBMB saying that Seth Joyner was brought in earlier this year to help coach up the D and he left. He was on radio in Philly saying the players were more interested in hanging in the lockeroom than working things out.

who is not surprised? I buy this

Im just more curious about if it will look any different now that Lynn is running the show as compared to Rex

CBF

In all fairness jeff tuel could win this game Sunday against the jets. This is hardly a test. It is a run for the busses game. Nothing gained nothing lost with Lynn calling the shots. SHould have fired Rex right after the Raiders collapse to make anything meaningful. IMO.