Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

Tyrod is benched, this is so he stays healthy so they don't have to pay him next year. He is gone because they need a better passing game and last week isn't enough to make that decision change for next year.

So where are they magically getting a better QB? We need an upgrade, but why not keep TT around? You can still search for a new QB while keeping your best current option. The goal is to win as many games as possible.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would have spoken his piece, but the owners decision would be the final one and everyone else who works for them

would be expected to fall in line. Just like in "regular" jobs. He very well might not have hired Rex had it been solely his

decision.

This x1000000000. I've said this before. Brandon was the golden boy businessman. Whaley an inherited junior GM. How much of a fight was this guy going to put up to the new owners with pockets that go to China? Not defending Whaley as a whole, but you can see how this could happen.

Yes, but the pool of candidates is always relatively small and these jobs open up quite frequently. Some guys would rather stay working a lesser coaching job rather than going somewhere they don't get a fair chance. No one wants to go to work everyday to be surrounded by dysfunction.

Perhaps, but it's pretty clear Rex caused a lot of the dysfunction. It's about $ , the QB and the " fit" with scheme . That's all. There are really no " big name" guys out there anymore.

Have opposing defenses ever said that their entire game plan was to force Stafford to be a QB?!?

What is Schwartzy's record as HC?

How about the HC and his staff didnt know there starting CB was in concussion protocol.

How do you not know your starting CB is injured,

Situation awareness failed Rex.

I don't understand the hate on Whaley. He has drafted well, typically getting 3 starters per draft. 2nd and 3rd rounders have been good picks, and even late rounders have been contributors. Getting starters in the 2nd round is 50% at best, 3rd round, probably 30% success rate. 2-4 Rookies have been contributing their first year.

Finding Brown, Alexander, etc. as free agents on the cheap has been great.

It's still possible that his top picks from this year can be solid contributors. Both were out with injuries. With a new defensive staff coming in, those guys might turn out to be very good picks. We'll see next season.

No reason to go down this rabbit hole, Petey. Rex is gone. Your assessment was disagreed by our wonderful owners and FO and around the league

You got what you so obsessively wanted. Your life's mission seems to have been to get Rex fired. Your life is now complete. I am not sure whether you have anything left to live for.

You and guys like ScottLaw can circle around with the other vultures with the satisfaction that the decision was made to fire the most successful Bills HC in the past 17 years.

You must so proud.

I get it that he sucked but kind of weird that Rob gets singled out now - basically it just would have been too awkward to have Rex's brother still hanging around?

Will be very interesting to see if/how the players play for Lynn. It's been reported that Shady really likes him - let's see if the defense continues to lay down like they did for Rex or if they actually step up and play hard for the interim HC.

Yes, but the pool of candidates is always relatively small and these jobs open up quite frequently. Some guys would rather stay working a lesser coaching job rather than going somewhere they don't get a fair chance. No one wants to go to work everyday to be surrounded by dysfunction.

Ryan caused the dysfunction by calling Thurman DC, hiring his brother and trying himself to control things. Who is the DC, really who is it?

You got what you so obsessively wanted. Your life's mission seems to have been to get Rex fired. Your life is now complete. I am not sure whether you have anything left to live for.

You and guys like ScottLaw can circle around with the other vultures with the satisfaction that the decision was made to fire the most successful Bills HC in the past 17 years.

You must so proud.

I think you're more torn up about Rex getting canned than he is.

The Pegulas must've read TBD and decided to fire him! I saved the Bills by posting on Internet across the country.

Edited by jmc12290

How about the HC and his staff didnt know there starting CB was in concussion protocol.

How do you not know your starting CB is injured,

Situation awareness failed Rex.

Who was responsible for letting him know?

We do not know because Rex did not throw that person under the bus. I am sure you would have had no problem throwing someone else under the bus.

BTW - don't agree with the argument that Cardale is 'not ready'. He was ready enough for preseason games, which is essentially what this game amounts to. What better way to get your feet wet in regular season action than a meaningless game against one of the worst teams in the league.

Edited by stevewin

I think you're more torn up about Rex getting canned than he is.

The Pegulas must've read TBD and decided to fire him! I saved the Bills by posting on Internet across the country.

I was not the one making it my life's mission to get someone fired.