What time does Rex get fired today?

Go Bills!!!

I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed today.

Rex probably does his press conference. Says we didn't play very well and need to do a better, and Tyrod did't play that bad, and the defense is better than last year, and we are going to win the last 3 games.

Then we of course go 9-7 and Rex argues he deserves to be back because of the steady improvement.

What I am expecting is that Rex is gonna try to throw Tyrod under the bus to try to save his job.

Not that Tyrod played well yesterday.....he did not......its just that Rex is constantly trying to devert from the fact that his defense is BAD.....and that was the part of the team that was supposed to be GOOD....that is why he was hired in the first place or we could have gone with a offensive minded coach.

I was actually hoping I would see the news when I got to work and turned on my computer.

Dissapointed it has not happened yet.

@TBNSports

After another sloppy loss, Rex Ryan could be coaching final three games with #Bills. @VicCarucci at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2hCemUm

Pregame media reports said Ryan could be fired as early as Monday and replaced by offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn, but that does not appear to be the case, The News learned Sunday night. NFL sources said Bills owner Terry Pegula was opposed to the idea of making an in-season coaching change.

However, they added, they wouldn't be surprised if Ryan was out after the Jan. 1 regular-season finale against the New York Jets.

League sources say Pegula is not happy with the incompetence he has seen from Ryan and members of his coaching staff this season, and is particularly frustrated by what has transpired in losses the past two weeks.

It's time Terry. Please. Today is as good as any day. It will make the season for a lot of us. That said, I don't believe it wil happen today. But I can wish. Rex has Rex'd the Jets "D" and ours in just two years. What a feat. Please Terry and Kim. What a great holiday present it would be for us all.

Does he tap the mic and say "Is this thing on?"

No, he says "Is this thing off? Because it's about to be."

And then heads off into coaching retirement, enjoys his paychecks for years to come, and starts lining up his talking head on NFL Sundays gig with one of the networks.

Oh, and then he has his agent look into resale values on hideously mocked up pickup trucks with Bills colors and logos on them.

Around that time, he will call to set up an appointment with his favorite tattoo artist, as he'll have some more cover-up work to do.

Edited by Fadingpain

I don't understand keeping a dead man walking (Rex and Rob) around for the final 3 games if the decision has already been made to fire him. He'll start Jones, win the last 3 games, and as someone else pointed out throw TT under the bus. The D will also look great against 3 teams with their backup QB's. (except Miami, Moore is legit).

accountant-secretary-retro-woman-vintage

In the wake of recent developments, including a long track record of exemplary work and dedication to the organization, and due to the recent discovery of compelling evidence in support of her retention, Betty the payroll clerk will not be sacrificed in the coming purge.

I don't understand keeping a dead man walking (Rex and Rob) around for the final 3 games if the decision has already been made to fire him. He'll start Jones, win the last 3 games, and as someone else pointed out throw TT under the bus. The D will also look great against 3 teams with their backup QB's. (except Miami, Moore is legit).

As much as most of us want him gone, me included, firing a coach with games left plants a crummy seed for potential new coaches.

That strikes me as the most sensible move.

Notice the use of "could" which seems to be a tongue-in-cheek poke at La Confora who used the term "may" with equally zero definitiveness.

Lots of things could or may happen today, or not.

NEWS is when one of these clowns gets on Twitter and definitely says something, like "I have sources confirming Rex will be fired on Monday" and then you know, you wake up on Monday and he is fired.

That's news. And how it used to be before everyone and their cousin ran around with a little computer in their pocket called a cell phone and Twitter became a thing.

@TBNSports

After another sloppy loss, Rex Ryan could be coaching final three games with #Bills. @VicCarucci at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2hCemUm

If this is true that sounds like they would keep Whaley. I would be highly disappointed with that decision. Rex and his staff deserve all the criticism they get and their jobs should be in jeopardy but this group of players has also been a major disappointment and it was down right embarrassing out there yesterday. Whaley hasn't shown any forward thinking and with TT and Rex likely gone I'm not sure the reasoning makes sense for starting over with the same GM. Plenty of things have gone wrong for Whaley and he is as much a part of this as any. The Pegula's need to separate themselves from what they have come to know in the NFL and find someone capable of making football decisions on their own.

Get outside of that comfort zone and fix this thing!!! You already fell for Rex's bluster don't sit around and allow a couple of finger pointers to sit around and make more bad decisions and waste more time. Whaley has never identified a starting QB, he hasn't been able to control himself in the draft room, he reminds me of myself doing my fantasy draft...I just love a player for whatever reason and I will over draft him by a country mile because of course I NEED him.

I don't see any real benefit to firing Rex today or before the end of the season.

However, we have a perception problem around the league and stuff like Monday morning HC firings with weeks left in the season only fuels that.

I.E., fire his fat ass on the Monday after the season, along with Whaley and Brandon and Cindy the payroll clerk too, announce publicly that Tyrod's K will not be renewed, and start from ground zero up.

There is a slight benefit in that your Interim HC of Lynn could get three games to look at as part of the interview process seeing he is being talked about as being an up and coming HC candidate

Three years left on his guaranteed contract makes it a stupid useless gesture to fire Ryan now IMO. It also make the Pegulas, Whaley, and whoever else was involved in the decision to hire Ryan with that asinine contract look even more stupid than they do already. So I do not see him being fired, or being neutered into benching Taylor this season. If the Bills win out, and they could with Tanny out, to get to 9-7 then it is likely that he remains the coach next season as well (blame the contract).

News Flash all coaching contracts are the same in terms of guaranteed.

The bottle of bubbly that I bought for the Mets beating the Giants in the one game playoff is still sitting in my fridge.

When this ass hat gets canned, I will celebrate with said bubbly.

My GOD, I cannot wait.

can I partake? You ow mebooze aanyway

As much as most of us want him gone, me included, firing a coach with games left plants a crummy seed for potential new coaches.

That is true. But, I can see Rex working his way into an extra year if the team performs well these final 3 weeks--which it should.

If Rex is gone during the season, who is OC if Lynn is promoted. And does Thurman stay around to run the D?

The only benefit to firing Rex now is if they are going to clean house. It lets them get the jump on vetting GM candidates, talking to college coaches, etc.

If they've decided to scapegoat the HC, then they will make him coach the final 3 games.

Thats the thing. 1 more month is another month of time wasted. Change management now and they can get a head start

Actually you know what? It's not Cindys fault now that I really think about it. Russ can go though.

On second thought, Cindy can stay!

That is true. But, I can see Rex working his way into an extra year if the team performs well these final 3 weeks--which it should.

If Rex is gone during the season, who is OC if Lynn is promoted. And does Thurman stay around to run the D?

If the team performs well? They may not be giving up 230 yards to RG3 this week, but how do you not see that happening with Jay Ajai before Black Christmas?

accountant-secretary-retro-woman-vintage

Poor Betty! I hear The Jets are looking for a payroll clerk!

You're kind of ruining my day with this attitude. Please stop it.

I only meant that if you are going to make such a drastic change (head coach, QB, etc.) you have to do it today so you have time to prepare for the Browns. And as for my other "if at all" point, if we go 3-0 or 2-1 and finish 9-7 or 8-8, then that changes the feelings toward Rex a lot.

Rex will not be canned during the season. Who would take over?.......ALynn is the only candidate, but , then, the Pegs face either giving the job to him.....or, discharging an acting minority HC. Al Sharpton will be up the Thruway in a heartbeat screeming on 55 about racism. Better to let A Lynn interview with other candidates....and pick the best one. I would like to see a big name...Cowher, Urban Myer, Gruden (J)...whoever. A Lynn has to much of Rex on him for my liking. the other tactic is to give Whaley the job of selection.......and, if the new coach fails, then, boot the GM and coach to the street.

I thought I remembered that there was sort an ultimatum by the owners after last season that Rex would stay if they made the Playoffs this season and gone if they didn't. If he is let go they are simply sticking with their previously stated course.