If Tyrod and EJ both hit FA market

TSOL

So, say we dont pick up the option on Tyrod, and EJ is cut, like most of us presume he will be. Who gets signed first?

To me it is not a foregone conclusion that Tyrod is so much better, i see significant interest in EJ. I think if they both hit free agency, i think EJ gets picked up first.

Flame away...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, say we dont pick up the option on Tyrod, and EJ is cut, like most of us presume he will be. Who gets signed first?

To me it is not a foregone conclusion that Tyrod is so much better, i see significant interest in EJ. I think if they both hit free agency, i think EJ gets picked up first.

Flame away...

EJs best bet therefore, would to be to avoid another snap for the rest of the season and pray there is a GM who sees him the way you imagine him to be.

EJs best bet therefore, would to be to avoid another snap for the rest of the season and pray there is a GM who sees him the way you imagine him to be.

Well, hes better than splitting reps with Cardale on the practice squad, ill say that. He must hate this dysfuncion junction so much. I cant say i blame him with the way hes been handled.

Flame away...

Lets make a wager. I bet Tyrod gets picked up 1st. Whats on the line for this bet?

This organization does not have the stones to walk away from Taylor, that's my fear.

IDC if they keep Tyrod as long as we keep drafting good QB prospects and understand Tyrod will most likely just be a stop gap QB to keep us mildly competitive during the quest for a QB. Just hope they re-negotiate his contract to reflect the level he has been playing at.

They have shown a willingness to walk away from other players when they feel the value and production do not match up. I don't see why it would be any different here.

He is a QB, if they part ways with him I'm thinking he won't be the only one leaving and I just don't see it happening this quick.

They have shown a willingness to walk away from other players when they feel the value and production do not match up. I don't see why it would be any different here.

Because QB's are the scarcest position in the NFL and also the most important?

Apples to orangutans when compared to Byrd and like.

He is a QB, if they part ways with him I'm thinking he won't be the only one leaving and I just don't see it happening this quick.

We'll disagree on this one based on what I have seen this year. OBD isn't married to this guy and the way they set up the extension with the option being theirs tells me that. He has the chance to convince them that he's their guy, but has yet to do so at this juncture. If it's warranted, they let him walk or give the chance to come back at a reduced price.

Because QB's are the scarcest position in the NFL and also the most important?

Apples to orangutans when compared to Byrd and like.

He's in the middle of the pack at his best and those guys aren't that scarce.

EJ is a much more complete QB with flaws, that may or may not be able to be worked out.

Tyrod is limited, backup at best that come in and win a few games but can't be your QB for an entire year.

i think EJ will get the opportunity to compete to start on a team looking for a QB, Tyrod will get offers as well but much lower than what Buffalo will pay him.

Tyrod would be the best backup in the NFL if he had some deep threat WR's and they let him throw long, which we don't seem to let him do anymore.

Imagine NOT game planning for a mobile qb, like a Brady or Bradford, and they go down in a game and TT comes in. He'd destroy you.

Considering his cap hit next year would only rank him 20th among NFL qb's (the $27 million is misleading as it relates to the cap), I'd like to see us retain him and see what happens in camp. He's been durable and we are averaging over 25 points per game (9th in the league). Don't get rid of asset like that unless you're forced to.

We'll disagree on this one based on what I have seen this year. OBD isn't married to this guy and the way they set up the extension with the option being theirs tells me that. He has the chance to convince them that he's their guy, but has yet to do so at this juncture. If it's warranted, they let him walk or give the chance to come back at a reduced price.

He's in the middle of the pack at his best and those guys aren't that scarce.

We haven't had middle of the pack at best in 20 years.

EJ is a much more complete QB with flaws, that may or may not be able to be worked out.

Tyrod is limited, backup at best that come in and win a few games but can't be your QB for an entire year.

i think EJ will get the opportunity to compete to start on a team looking for a QB, Tyrod will get offers as well but much lower than what Buffalo will pay him.

Which team is desperate enough to give EJ a chance to compete as a starter?

If Taylor will not re-negotiate his contract and walks , try to sign EJ with a good incentive contract.

Keeping someone who at least knows the playbook until a new starter is ready.

I think EJ wants out of here as bad as many fans want him gone, so he's most likely looking some where else and hope for new start. So he might get signed first because I agree that if TT gets wacked he's going to be picky because he thinks he's a number one.

Flame away...

After that who gives a poop

Which team is desperate enough to give EJ a chance to compete as a starter?

The same can be said for Tyrod.

Jets, San Fran, Bears, Denver. Although i wouldnt be surprised to see Elway go for a passer like EJ before they go for a running QB like Tyrod.

Flame away...

I guarantee you that EJ will not be cut by the Bills this offseason.

I don't even think EJ Manuel thinks of himself as highly as some posters on this board. I think everyone else in the United States, including EJ Manuel and his agent, realizes that he has a nice career ahead of him as an NFL backup QB. Very much like a Todd Collins. No serious team will be looking at him as a potential starter. Tyrod Taylor, who has undoubtedly regressed this year and I would not be upset if the Bills cut ties with, WILL unquestionably be looked at as a potential starter if he hits the open market and could absolutely win a Super Bowl as a game manager on a team like Denver. That's reality folks. That's just the way it is.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This is a very real possibility. If the Bills can't get Tie-rod to renegotiate his deal, I don't think they're going to pay him 27M next year. Cutting him outright could happen. If I'm EJ, why stick around Buffalo? Fan base hates me, will never forgive me for London, so why not try to find a better place? That leaves us with Cardale Jones, any QB draft picks we may choose to use, or any number of the FA QB dreck out there. 2017 is an even darker place for the Bills and a QB. We are well and truly !@#$ed.

I don't even think EJ Manuel thinks of himself as highly as some posters on this board. I think everyone else in the United States, including EJ Manuel and his agent, realizes that he has a nice career ahead of him as an NFL backup QB. Very much like a Todd Collins. No serious team will be looking at him as a potential starter. Tyrod Taylor, who has undoubtedly regressed this year and I would not be upset if the Bills cut ties with, WILL unquestionably be looked at as a potential starter if he hits the open market and could absolutely win a Super Bowl as a game manager on a team like Denver. That's reality folks. That's just the way it is.

You dont get to be a first round NFL quarterback without a deep rooted competitive nature. EJ wants out of Buffalo, a fresh start, and somewhere he can compete. Im certain he will get a chance, a chance to compete.

I can not for the life of me, see Elway make a lateral move from Siemian, and pay Tyrod starting QB money. Not with Lynch waiting in the wings. Elway would wanna rip his head off after four games.

Maybe Jacksonville would give Tyrod the starting job, im looking at the teams wondering who would pick up Tyrod as their starter. Im not seeing that many teams.

I would resign TT at a solid if not a little more back up salary. I still think Cardale should get first crack and we should draft a QB several so so's this year and we might get lucky. Remember Wilson rd 3, Cousin's rd 4 and Barkley is not done auditioning 4 rd

You dont get to be a first round NFL quarterback without a deep rooted competitive nature. EJ wants out of Buffalo, a fresh start, and somewhere he can compete. Im certain he will get a chance, a chance to compete.

I can not for the life of me, see Elway make a lateral move from Siemian, and pay Tyrod starting QB money. Not with Lynch waiting in the wings. Elway would wanna rip his head off after four games.

Maybe Jacksonville would give Tyrod the starting job, im looking at the teams wondering who would pick up Tyrod as their starter. Im not seeing that many teams.

Jets

That leaves us with Cardale Jones, any QB draft picks we may choose to use, or any number of the FA QB dreck out there. 2017 is an even darker place for the Bills and a QB. We are well and truly !@#$ed.

Not if the Bills get Chad Kelly! I'd say go hard after the kid and let the glory years be re-born for the next generation of Kelly tough!

This organization does not have the stones to walk away from Taylor, that's my fear.

and start whom?

I guarantee you that EJ will not be cut by the Bills this offseason.

duly noted.

BTW i can see that being true.

Until something better shakes loose

Not if the Bills get Chad Kelly! I'd say go hard after the kid and let the glory years be re-born for the next generation of Kelly tough!

sentimentalist

Agree with the rest of your post just do not agree with the bolded.