If Tyrod and EJ both hit FA market

TSOL

If Taylor will not re-negotiate his contract and walks , try to sign EJ with a good incentive contract.

Keeping someone who at least knows the playbook until a new starter is ready.

Agreed...As long as they Draft another QB by the 3rd Round... B-)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hes better than splitting reps with Cardale on the practice squad, ill say that. He must hate this dysfuncion junction so much. I cant say i blame him with the way hes been handled.

The way he's been handled? He's been given a chance to start more than once, he gets a nice paycheck for running the scout team. They kept him (3 QBs) this year despite drafting his replacement.

He was a first round draft pick QB---they (nearly) all get "thrown in" the fire immediately, because......that's why they were drafted. He washed out. it happens. He's a starter no where else in the NFL, no matter how bad people don't want TT anymore...

The way he's been handled? He's been given a chance to start more than once, he gets a nice paycheck for running the scout team. They kept him (3 QBs) this year despite drafting his replacement.

He was a first round draft pick QB---they (nearly) all get "thrown in" the fire immediately, because......that's why they were drafted. He washed out. it happens. He's a starter no where else in the NFL, no matter how bad people don't want TT anymore...

Bein picked where he was, and with the situation here in Buffalo, the way its gone down, im just interested to see what the rest of his career holds. I saw some talent in him, i saw some potential. Maybe its career back up for him, maybe he gets in some games and produces. I dont know. I think Marrone shafted him, and Rex never wanted anything to do with him. And i dont trust their QB evaulations any more than i trust yours.

Agreed...As long as they Draft another QB by the 3rd Round... B-)

Thats without question. There needs to be a competition for the start too. Cardale may win. New guy may. We just can not go into 17 with an entrenched starter. I want to hear the rationale from anyone that feels tyrod has done enough. Did he suck? No. Was he good? No. Hell sometimes i wonder if our qb position had not been in shambles for so long. Would he even be noticed?

I don't even think EJ Manuel thinks of himself as highly as some posters on this board. I think everyone else in the United States, including EJ Manuel and his agent, realizes that he has a nice career ahead of him as an NFL backup QB. Very much like a Todd Collins. No serious team will be looking at him as a potential starter. Tyrod Taylor, who has undoubtedly regressed this year and I would not be upset if the Bills cut ties with, WILL unquestionably be looked at as a potential starter if he hits the open market and could absolutely win a Super Bowl as a game manager on a team like Denver. That's reality folks. That's just the way it is.

Whose reality?

Bein picked where he was, and with the situation here in Buffalo, the way its gone down, im just interested to see what the rest of his career holds. I saw some talent in him, i saw some potential. Maybe its career back up for him, maybe he gets in some games and produces. I dont know. I think Marrone shafted him, and Rex never wanted anything to do with him. And i dont trust their QB evaulations any more than i trust yours.

Yeah, apparently it's foolish to trust at least 2 or more 20 year insider NFL guys evaluation of player when it differs from yours. SMH! :wallbash:

EJ is a much more complete QB with flaws, that may or may not be able to be worked out.

Tyrod is limited, backup at best that come in and win a few games but can't be your QB for an entire year.

i think EJ will get the opportunity to compete to start on a team looking for a QB, Tyrod will get offers as well but much lower than what Buffalo will pay him.

Totally agree. TT is limited and will always be limited--mainly by his size. Yes, he can run and the Bills have done a good job of building their offense around his strengths. The problems comes, in games like last week, where when you are forced to win with your passing game, it is just not going to be there on any consistent basis. He has had his moments as a passer (Seattle game), but he is not a consistent enough threat there--opposing teams know that and will continue to do all they can to limit the run and seek to get the Bills into a "passing needed" situation. And when that happens, the odds are against TT.

EJ has better QB tools, but his mental game has never been given time to develop--that is how it is with desperate teams/organizations--they never have the time. He was rushed into the situation before he was ready and has not recovered. I do believe, with his growing knowledge and maturity, he will be a productive NFL QB somewhere--but not in Buffalo. The confidence in him is lost by the fanbase, and most importantly, the front office. Add to that, a Head Coach who is clueless, and well, it is just never going to work.

The bottom line, next year the Bills will stick with TT--they really have no choice, unless a surprise QB becomes available.