Is it to early to get on the "Bring in Kirk Cousins" wagon?

I know its only Dec. but I've lost faith in TT.

Cousins a UFA at seasons end, he has better stats then TT, and we have better weapons when healthy here.

thoughts....

There's about as much possibility of us bringing in Johnny Unitas as Kirk Cousins.

He's going to be in Washington.

We should bring in Luck, Matty Ice, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees and Big Ben too. In fact, we should sign every one of them, use every draft pick on a QB and see what Jimbo's up to.

May the best man win.

Seriously, what is Whaley doing besides stealing the Pegula's money?

Edited by The Big Cat

Cousins a UFA at seasons end, he has better stats then TT, and we have better weapons when healthy here.

thoughts....

Better weapons than them? I'd swap our receiving corps with their in a heartbeat. Jordan Reed is the best TE in the league not name Gronk, and they've built one of the most balanced group of receivers in football: A deep-threat in Desean, a possession guy in Garcon, and a slot receiver who's quietly breaking out this year in Jamison Crowder

We should bring in Luck, Matty Ice, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees and Big Ben too. In fact, we should sign every one of them, use every draft pick on a QB and see what Jimbo's up to.

May the best man win.

Seriously, what is Whaley doing besides stealing the Pegula's money?

Torture isn't it?

thoughts....

The Redskins will not let him leave. If no long term contract, he'll be Franchise Tagged again. As far as better weapons, yes, the Bills have better running backs, but the Bills do not have better wideouts or a better tight end. In fact, our Tight End is a 2 and theirs is a 9 or 10 and the combination of Jackson, Crowder, and Garcon are better than any combination the Biills could put on the table, even if everyone was healthy.

thoughts....

Sure thoughts....... Kirk Cousins is NEVER I say again NEVER hitting the market in the offseason.

:/ End Thread

Actually Chip Kelly is just insane and wanted Kiko more. Kiko did go to Oregon. Chip would have traded Montana in exchange for anyone from Oregon.

Actually they asked for Robert Woods and we said No.

Edited by MAJBobby

From Scheftner

If the Washington Redskins cannot reach a long-term deal with Kirk Cousins before free agency opens in March, they will place the franchise tag on the quarterback, a source familiar with the situation told ESPN.

From Scheftner

If the Washington Redskins cannot reach a long-term deal with Kirk Cousins before free agency opens in March, they will place the franchise tag on the quarterback, a source familiar with the situation told ESPN.

I think putting the Franchise tag on him would really tick him off. It was supposed to be a one year prove it deal. He came through, Franchising rather than offering a long-term contract would be a slap in the face. He could refuse to play under it and force their hand. Not that he seems like the kind of guy but that's brutal treatment IMO.

I think putting the Franchise tag on him would really tick him off. It was supposed to be a one year prove it deal. He came through, Franchising rather than offering a long-term contract would be a slap in the face. He could refuse to play under it and force their hand. Not that he seems like the kind of guy but that's brutal treatment IMO.

. Yeah because 120% raise is always a slap in the face.

. Yeah because 120% raise is always a slap in the face.

I thought it was a 20% raise?

Either way, guys want to lock up their financial future. No one is happy being tagged.

I can't imagine Washington not getting him signed long term.

"You like dat?!?" Kirk "Cray Cray" Cousins is gonna be a Skin for life.

I agree, Washington is going to pay him lots!

However, if he were available, I'd love to have him. He has swagger and attitude. We are lacking that, especially at QB. He's also a much better pocket-passer, but then again, just about everybody is.

The Redskins will not let him leave. If no long term contract, he'll be Franchise Tagged again. As far as better weapons, yes, the Bills have better running backs, but the Bills do not have better wideouts or a better tight end. In fact, our Tight End is a 2 and theirs is a 9 or 10 and the combination of Jackson, Crowder, and Garcon are better than any combination the Biills could put on the table, even if everyone was healthy.

Well to be fair, TE's tend to work between the numbers, and our QB can't throw that way, so there's that. Who knows what Clay would become with someone like Cousins throwing him the ball?

Tim-

Yes, in this case it will be. You know a long-term deal will be a hell of a lot more than a Franchise tag. You think he'd be happy with being Franchised?

Other QBs have been. Might not be happy but will play on it

I thought it was a 20% raise?

Either way, guys want to lock up their financial future. No one is happy being tagged.

I can't imagine Washington not getting him signed long term.

Yeah my bad poor wording but got the point