Week 11: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

End of the first half was almost bizarre. I think Gruden commented on it too. 2 minute drill with Dalton, Green and company, and they just meander down to the 50 and throw a hail mary. They have the weapons to make a go at it, but didnt try.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills Today: Starting jobs up for grabs

bills-today-11-15-story.jpg

The Bills record of 4-5 so far this season speaks to their inconsistency from one week to the next. After doing some self scouting during the bye week, Rex Ryan has opened up some starting jobs for competition.

MARCELL DAREUS: "I AM CHOMPING AT THE BIT" (2:14)

DT Marcell Dareus addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; what he did during the bye week, his status for Sundays' game, and wanting to get out on the field playing football.

Time for Mr. Big Puff to show up and start earning his 2016 salary.

This is not the time to let the Bengals "find themselves" and pivot their season because it's a pivot for The Bills as well.

Win and they still control their own destiny.

Lose and they will have vanquished themselves.

This is basically a playoff game for us. I mean it's sad to say that, but it's reality. Our playoffs start this Sunday. Win and move on to next week. I hope the players look at it that way as well.

If the Chiefs could run off a huge 10 game winning streak last season, we can go 6-1 right? :unsure:

I think the reasons the Bills are underdogs are -- no reliable CBs and lousy safeties against Dalton and Green -- two of our three elite players (Watkins and Dareus) perennially out, and the third (McCoy) frequently hurt -- Wood injury destroys continuity on what was just an average O line to begin with.

That said, none of the factors are necessarily killers. The Bills played very well except for the secondary against Seattle and their tough D and good O even without Watkins and Dareus, and the Bengals aren't in Seattle's class this year -- McCoy might be just fine this week -- Incognito is still a stud.

The Bills need to go 6-1 the rest of the year, and Oakland is generally looking great, so all the rest are must-wins. Playoff mentality from here on out.

SEANTREL HENDERSON: "I FEEL MORE ENERGIZED"
(3:28)

T Seantrel Henderson addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; maintaining weight, eating healthy, and earning his opportunities.

@buffalobills

We've signed S James Ihedigbo and released S Duke Williams. Details: http://bufbills.co/j8CUmD

CxUh_1cWEAALJSA.jpg

@BuffaloBillsPR

Buffalo Bills PR Retweeted Buffalo Bills

A little help on the pronunciation of new #Bills S James Ihedigbo's last name--it is pronounced ee-HEAD-ee-bo.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Time for Mr. Big Puff to show up and start earning his 2016 salary.

This is not the time to let the Bengals "find themselves" and pivot their season because it's a pivot for The Bills as well.

Win and they still control their own destiny.

Lose and they will have vanquished themselves.

Win, and we STILL need the help of other teams. We need to control what we can control to the extent of controlling it and keep on winning. But destiny is already out of our control at this point. I'm hoping we get to a place where it's back in our control, but right now, it isn't.

Win, and we STILL need the help of other teams. We need to control what we can control to the extent of controlling it and keep on winning. But destiny is already out of our control at this point. I'm hoping we get to a place where it's back in our control, but right now, it isn't.

Pretty sure you just described the Human Condition!

Exactly. There's more to that foot than we know about.

I might think so.

@RapSheet

The #Bills are signing free agent safety James Ihedigbo today, source said.

@Duke27_

Thank you Buffalo for a great opportunity! I am really grateful to have been apart of such a historical franchise. #CircleTheWagons

wow.

Honestly, one thing i am impressed with is the ability to make player changes in the right spots.

This is a very hard thing to do for a Coach who wants everyone to succeed. Rex is that kinda guy.

Maybe he is getting the HC thing after all ?

I read somewhere on NFL.com that 99 says he is playing Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000740202/article/injuries-aqib-talib-back-practicing-for-broncos

I read he said he does not want to reinjure, so he can be good for the rest of these season.

Does he have any idea what he is saying?

The next game could well be the "end " of the Season, figuratively.

Not pleased with he nor Gilmore at this point.

Is Alexander playing?

Edited by 3rdand12

I will say this and move on front it

I am really disappointed Duke Williams did not end up working out for us.

I remember when he was drafted and was really excited about him......he looked like he had coverage ability in college and would knock the snot out of you to get that ball

Then i kept waiting for it to happen

and waited......

and waited......

And watched him become a total liability in coverage

and waited.....

and watched him get benched for Meeks.....who was equally bad

and waited.....

and today....he has been sent packing...:(

By Duke

I will say this and move on front it

I am really disappointed Duke Williams did not end up working out for us.

I remember when he was drafted and was really excited about him......he looked like he had coverage ability in college and would knock the snot out of you to get that ball

Then i kept waiting for it to happen

and waited......

and waited......

And watched him become a total liability in coverage

and waited.....

and watched him get benched for Meeks.....who was equally bad

and waited.....

and today....he has been sent packing... :(

By Duke

I am with ya buddy, i had fairly high hopes for him. Whaley has yet to draft a decent safety. But the same goes for most teams.

REVIS TIME lol

@billsequipment

New roster addition jersey numbers James Ihedigbo 27 Marcus Roberson 39 Dalton Freeman 63 Go #Bills

wow, Bills still in flux.

One thing i have noticed, and check me here 26. Haven't the Bills moved more players onto the PS suad and then off etc than most years? Seems like Pro scouting is a beehive of activity this year. Although few if any have been brought up, seems the FO is looking hard all the time

Edited by 3rdand12

Bills Today: Buffalo ranks sixth in toxic differential

bills-today-11-16-story.jpg

The Bills aren't happy with the current number in their win column, but Buffalo has ranked high all season long in a very telling category.

2016 NFL on FOX Announcers & Distribution: Week 11

BUF.pngCIN.png

Distribution:

WBKO-DT - Bowling Green, KY

WDRB - Louisville, KY

WICZ - Binghamton, NY

WUTV - Buffalo, NY

WYDC-DT - Elmira, NY

WUHF - Rochester, NY

WFXV - Utica, NY

WXIX - Cincinnati, OH

WTTE - Columbus, OH

WRGT - Dayton, OH

WOHL-DT - Lima, OH

WUPW - Toledo, OH

WYFX - Youngstown, OH

WWCP - Altoona, PA

WFXP - Erie, PA

WVNS-DT - Beckley, WV

WVAH - Charleston, WV

WVFX - Clarksburg, WV

WOVA - Parkersburg, WV

WTRF-DT - Wheeling, WV

FOX Broadcast Team

Play-by-Play: Thom Brennaman

Color Analysts: Charles Davis, Chris Spielman

wow, Bills still in flux.

One thing i have noticed, and check me her 26. Haven't the Bills moved more players onto the PS suad and then off etc than most years? Seems like Pro scouting is a beehive of activity this year. Although few if any have been brought up, seems the FO is looking hard all the time

Your perception seems valid, although I think it may have more to do with the increase in practice squad size starting last year (Or maybe it was 2014?)

Edit: Hmm, it looks like the NFL and NFLPA agreed to expand PS from 8 players to 10 players before 2014. They had to re-agree before this season: http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

I seem to recall it was only six players, not too long ago.

Edited by Cereal

Robey-Coleman told Rodak he's been benched for Seymour.

I get that Robey can't beat anyone in a jump ball scenario, but he seemed to be having a good season overall. Got caught against Gronk and Graham in back-to-back weeks but the Graham TD in particular was just a phenomenal play by Jimmy. But hey, we'll see what happens.

Your perception seems valid, although I think it may have more to do with the increase in practice squad size starting last year (Or maybe it was 2014?)

Edit: Hmm, it looks like the NFL and NFLPA agreed to expand PS from 8 players to 10 players before 2014. They had to re-agree before this season: http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

I seem to recall it was only six players, not too long ago.

I was thinking there is a great deal of shuffling. Started last year. I felt it was a change in scouting methods and Coachs that wanted to get plenty of players in for looks. But as you mentioned, there my be little validity to my perception.

Top 7 storylines for Bills-Bengals this week

1116-storylines-bills-bengals-dareus.jpg

John Murphy breaks down the top storylines as the Bills look to break a three-game losing streak this week when they travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals.

Notes: Maualuga rehabbing; Rex on A.J.: best we've faced in '16
Geoff Hobson - Editor Bengals.com

Robey-Coleman told Rodak he's been benched for Seymour.

ya gotta link this E

I can see it though.

see what i did there?

Robey is definitely a gamer can't have him on those huge tight ends, then again I have no clue what goes on at practice and if Seymour can cover big targets better

I think its gotta be a game to game matchup, or situational. Robey is still a very good and smart player

@NickVeronica

With Eric Wood down, Ryan Groy looks like next man up; Seantrel Henderson nearing return from Crohn's Disease #bills http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/16/bills-eric-wood-ryan-groy-looks-like-next-man-seantrel-henderson-nearing-return/

CxaxhtlXEAA72I9.jpg

McCoy: I know Sammy’s close
Bills RB LeSean McCoy knows that the Bills margin for error with a 4-5 record is thin. Subpar performances can’t happen the rest of the way. McCoy says the team has done a good job of sticking to the ‘one game at a time approach.’ He’s hoping they can come off the bye with a solid performance, get a road win and then hopefully get their top receiver back in the lineup.

Dareus, Tate, Woods among limited Bills

Bills head coach Rex Ryan said his team is the healthiest it’s been in a while and he’s got an injury report to prove it. Only DT Corbin Bryant was unable to practice Wednesday. A handful of players were limited.

The only real question mark for Sunday’s game among the limited participants is DT Marcell Dareus, who is still working his way back from a groin injury.

Dalton, Eifert, LaFell all limited for Bengals

Coming off a Monday night game, it’s probably not surprising to see a handful of players take only limited reps in practice Wednesday. They’re less than 48 hours removed from their last game. QB Andy Dalton, TE Tyler Eifert and WR Brandon LaFell were among the Bengals cutting back on their practice participation Wednesday.

What’s interesting about Dalton is he’s listed with a right shoulder injury, which is his throwing shoulder.

Watch: Open Competition and Injury Update (2:01)

Following the bye week HC Rex Ryan opens up some key starting positions to competition. The Bills are much healthier coming off the bye week, only Corbin Bryant was unable to practice.

@JoeBuscaglia

Starting jobs are on the line at One #Bills Drive this week. My thoughts on how CB, S, C, and RT are shaking out: https://t.co/2RbqC9JTzz

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

ESPN: Insider Roundtable

Insiders: Bengals should be on upset alert

A pair of our experts took the Bills, who are 3.5-point underdogs, over the Bengals as their upset pick of the week. Matt Bowen notes the Bills' defense could thrive versus Andy Dalton & Co.

ESPN: Playoff Odds (Insider)

Bills unlikely to end playoff drought

FPI and Football Outsiders both see Buffalo as a good team, but there's a ton of ground to make up in the wild-card race. As Aaron Schatz notes, the Bills might wind up playing spoiler

Looks like Tate is returning kicks today so guessing he is off concussion protocol and likely plays.

Sal Capaccio 🏈 (@SalSports)

11/17/16, 10:57 AM

Brandon Tate, who's been in concussion protocol, is returning kicks with the first unit. Good sign for him.

Edited by MAJBobby