Our Recent MNF History

I had sort of forgotten our most recent MNF games, so I thought it would be a good refresh to go read the recaps. The recurring theme from these games was our inability to close, usually caused by pivotal late mistakes. Three of the games were decided by a combined FOUR TOTAL POINTS. You should go read the recaps, even if you think you remember them. They're full of anomalies and blown calls and inexplicable stats (Romo throwing 5 INTs and winning; Lindell missing a FG wide right in the final seconds; the inadvertent whistle last year; Leodis fumbling away two games).

1. Oct. 8, 2007: Cowboys 25 at Bills 24 (L)
  2. Nov. 17, 2008: Browns 29 at Bills 27 (L)
  3. Sep. 14, 2009: Bills 24 at Patriots 25 (L)
  4. Nov. 23, 2015: Bills 13 at Patriots 20 (L)

I think we're going to see another close game in Seattle tonight, and we're going to have to learn to put a game away late for once. Judging by our recent history, something bizarre is bound to happen.

We did win big on Monday night 2 years ago. 35-3. Snow game vs Jets that got moved to Detroit. But not officially MNF and it was vs Rexy soooo :lol:

They didn't even practice remember? Just used the iPad to practice virtually. Craziest week.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm actually more excited for the game than i thought i would be. i think we can win.

I would go as far as to say it's likely we win. Dareus out is the one thing holding us back b/c if they run on us we will lose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

that dallas game... every time i see it mentioned.... i remember watching with a dallas fan that thought it was over. "how could they mess this up???" he wondered aloud about the bills. "just wait" i told him.

tonights a tough team in a tough stadium, with a tough trip across the country..... we are long shots, but not impossible. if Seattle shows up and we manage to still win, id be impressed.

Edited by NoSaint

that dallas game... every time i see it mentioned.... i remember watching with a dallas fan that thought it was over. "how could they mess this up???" he wondered aloud about the bills. "just wait" i told him.

tonights a tough team in a tough stadium, with a tough trip across the country..... we are long shots, but not impossible. if Seattle shows up and we manage to still win, id be impressed.

Same thing for me with the Pats game. Was watching with friends that weren't fans of either team and they were all saying "relax they're gonna win it". I knew better.

The two Pats losses and the Cowboys loss were all heartbreaking. But the loss to the Browns, while it sucked, wasn't so much heartbreaking to me as it was disappointing. We gave up 29 points to a team led by Brady Quinn. We didn't deserve to win that one.

I had sort of forgotten our most recent MNF games, so I thought it would be a good refresh to go read the recaps. The recurring theme from these games was our inability to close, usually caused by pivotal late mistakes. Three of the games were decided by a combined FOUR TOTAL POINTS. You should go read the recaps, even if you think you remember them. They're full of anomalies and blown calls and inexplicable stats (Romo throwing 5 INTs and winning; Lindell missing a FG wide right in the final seconds; the inadvertent whistle last year; Leodis fumbling away two games).

1. Oct. 8, 2007: Cowboys 25 at Bills 24 (L)
  2. Nov. 17, 2008: Browns 29 at Bills 27 (L)
  3. Sep. 14, 2009: Bills 24 at Patriots 25 (L)
  4. Nov. 23, 2015: Bills 13 at Patriots 20 (L)

I think we're going to see another close game in Seattle tonight, and we're going to have to learn to put a game away late for once. Judging by our recent history, something bizarre is bound to happen.

I'll take our chances without Whitner & Leodis on the squad.

I am so tired of that Seattle bandwagon fan base. They're soooo amazing that they had to pay A&M for trademark 12th man nonsense.

They're ridiculous, stupid and probably don't even remember Ricky waters or Steve Largent

Seahawks fans are kinda like Pats fans: have only been in existence about a decade.

If we do win can we at least not say it was because Seattle was banged up?

depends how big their injuries play. if its clear wilson is hobbling around with a walker out there, etc.... well, im less likely to get excited than if we go out and beat a team that looks to be playing to their potential.

a win is a win though, and ill take it either way.

Wasn't that 2009 game vs the Pats the one where McKelvin had a critical fumble?

We were up by 11 with 5 minutes left to play when Jauron got really conservative. Pro Football Reference ranked Pats odds of winning at 1.8% with 5 min left

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200909140nwe.htm

I also remember being furious that the refs let 2 Patriots hold up McKelvin for an eternity after his forward progress was stopped. The whistle should have been blown.

Edited by Wildcard Weekend

We were up by 11 with 5 minutes left to play when Jauron got really conservative. Pro Football Reference ranked our odds of winning at 99.06% with 55 sec left

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200909140nwe.htm

I also remember being furious that the refs let 2 Patriots hold up McKelvin for an eternity after his forward progress was stopped. The whistle should have been blown.

Omg, that was the worst. That still stings a little. 😩

I also remember that happening against the Ravens in OT one year. The TE was basically held up long enough for them to strip the ball. Either David or Shawn Nelson.

I would go as far as to say it's likely we win. Dareus out is the one thing holding us back b/c if they run on us we will lose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They will run. They lost last week on the road. Their pissed. Wilson has a banged up knee which gives the Bills hope.

Sent from my IBM 286 using dial up

One of the most painful games to watch in the past 20 years and that's saying something as a Bills' fan.