Rex at game 7

Smiley Dear

Classic thread. And you wonder why the reasonable among us constantly shake our heads at our fellow Bills fans...

I heard that Rex took time away from game planning to have a conversation with his wife on Tuesday also.

Did anybody actually confirm or provide visual evidence he was there?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony:

The Rex Haters posting complaints about Rex (allegedly) being at game 7 of the historic World Series at a location that is a short flight away from Buffalo on a day off before a Monday Night game

while

they (or most of them) presumably are at work themselves?!?!

Edited by Peter

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-criticized-for-attending-sons-game-at-clemson-on-cut-day/

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/11/rex_ryan_will_be_at_carrier_dome_to_watch_his_son_and_clemson_take_on_syracuse.html

also, jack del rio (6-2). do whatever you want.

It's just like a real job. if i'm underperforming and have a history of underperforming and i'm taking work off to go do other things, it looks really bad. if i'm doing well and performing at my peak and go off during work to do other things, no one is questioning it.

So 2 days in 4 years? 3 if this cubs thing is verified?

You realize that even the coaches who slept in their offices went home and did stuff that simply wasn't publicized. Maybe not often, but they certainly showed up for something. Is that taking time away from their job too? Should we lock them in their office? Assign security? I mean the fans want a win so why not?

Edited by What a Tuel

So 2 days in 4 years? 3 if this cubs thing is verified?

You realize that even the coaches who slept in their offices went home and did stuff that simply wasn't publicized. Maybe not often, but they certainly showed up for something. Is that taking time away from their job too? Should we lock them in their office? Assign security? I mean the fans want a win so why not?

you're right, he deserved some time off. take a breather, fly to Cleveland, catch the World Series, fly back to Buffalo just in time to fly to Seattle to sleepwalk the Bills through another MNF loss. You can kowtow to this BS all you want, but if you don't think he sets a precedent for how his players behave, you're out of your mind. When you accept mediocrity, you get mediocrity.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan confirms he attended Game 7 of World Series in Cleveland. Calls it a "perfect situation" schedule wise. He took a bus with friends.

Rex Ryan says he and about a dozen friends left during rain delay of Game 7 of World Series. "I hate to admit it," he says. He's a Cubs fan.

@MatthewFairburn

Rob Ryan was in his office at One Bills Drive while Rex Ryan and about a dozen Bills staffers were in Cleveland for Game 7.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan confirms he attended Game 7 of World Series in Cleveland. Calls it a "perfect situation" schedule wise. He took a bus with friends.

Rex Ryan says he and about a dozen friends left during rain delay of Game 7 of World Series. "I hate to admit it," he says. He's a Cubs fan.

@MatthewFairburn

Rob Ryan was in his office at One Bills Drive while Rex Ryan and about a dozen Bills staffers were in Cleveland for Game 7.

A BUS? Doesn't he know that real coaches fly to things!?

Also, was he with a dozen friends, or a dozen Bills staffers? Either way I don't like it.

Finally, Rob at home? Rex and Rob not connected at the hip? I don't like the sounds of that, I see a fallout happening - Rob will likely quit the Bills sometime in the next 3, nay, 5 weeks...

you're right, he deserved some time off. take a breather, fly to Cleveland, catch the World Series, fly back to Buffalo just in time to fly to Seattle to sleepwalk the Bills through another MNF loss. You can kowtow to this BS all you want, but if you don't think he sets a precedent for how his players behave, you're out of your mind. When you accept mediocrity, you get mediocrity.

Just in time? What does just in time mean to you? The World Series was Wednesday night, he was at work Thursday morning. Thursday. Friday. Saturday Sunday. Yes he got back just in time 4-5 days before the game and 2-3 days before he flies out again.

It's not about him deserving time off, it's about you dictating how much time he spends preparing for his games, and doing his coaching duties with no context or insight beyond that he spent 8 hours in Cleveland one day. What else do you know about his preparation this week? Absolutely nothing. That is why it is ridiculous. I bet you were one of the ones bashing his Edelman prank conference call too.

Edited by What a Tuel

I've got sources (they're legitimate ... believe me) telling me that Rex watched Colbert last night ... and MIGHT watch him every night.

If he's going to be up late at night, don't you think the least he could be doing would be to prepare for the next game?

I cannot WAIT for him to be gone.

Just in time? What does just in time mean to you? The World Series was Wednesday night, he was at work Thursday morning. Thursday. Friday. Saturday Sunday. Yes he got back just in time 4-5 days before the game and 2-3 days before he flies out again.

It's not about him deserving time off, it's about you dictating how much time he spends preparing for his games, and doing his coaching duties with no context or insight beyond that he spent 8 hours in Cleveland one day. What else do you know about his preparation this week? Absolutely nothing. That is why it is ridiculous. I bet you were one of the ones bashing his Edelman prank conference call too.

You're being too pragmatic. I was being facetious about him being just in time, as in i'm so glad you're here now to !@#$ everything up, just in time.

Also, I'm not dictating anything he's doing, because he clearly does and says whatever he wants. and that's working out GRRRRRRReat for us. hasn't had a winning record since 2010 and is navigating us to his fourth 8-8 season in eight years of coaching. But man, at least he gets to watch his kid hold a ball for the kicker!

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

You're being too pragmatic. I was being facetious about him being just in time, as in i'm so glad you're here now to !@#$ everything up, just in time.

Also, I'm not dictating anything he's doing, because he clearly does and says whatever he wants. and that's working out GRRRRRRReat for us. hasn't had a winning record since 2010 and is navigating us to his fourth 8-8 season in eight years of coaching. But man, at least he gets to watch his kid hold a ball for the kicker!

I think you are suffering from a heavy dose of being to close to the situation. Step back, take a deep breath and maybe you won't see every little thing as an indication of why we are losing.

"Rex got coffee for his staff this morning. Man that guy, don't the Bills have people to do that? Instead the head coach is wasting his time getting coffee for his staff, wtf this is why we lose, he should be game planning every second"

That's what you sound like.

Also, what happened with the pic the OP posted? Was it even Rex?

I also saw John Cusack there - I sure hope his attending the game doesn't F up his filming of "Better Off Dead II - Better Off Deader"!

Don't tease me like that. Did they get Curtis Armstrong on board?

Anyone notice how the defense fell apart in this game?

:lol:

Don't tease me like that. Did they get Curtis Armstrong on board?

Lordamercy! I'm not watching if he's not in it...

This GIF makes me laugh and feels super appropriate for many of the TBD threads popping up these days

vBPxaC3.gif

I think you are suffering from a heavy dose of being to close to the situation. Step back, take a deep breath and maybe you won't see every little thing as an indication of why we are losing.

"Rex got coffee for his staff this morning. Man that guy, don't the Bills have people to do that? Instead the head coach is wasting his time getting coffee for his staff, wtf this is why we lose, he should be game planning every second"

That's what you sound like.

ive said plenty of time we get carried away in the idea that players/coaches taking even a second away is going to ruin everything. i get thats not true and not just agree but advocate that point.

i also think for a guy thats not had massive success lately and has a rep for being a bit undisciplined, maybe a midweek trip to the world series is something you just skip and watch at home with rob. its not a big difference by any means, but seems like an easy sacrifice to make for the sake of appearance. Rex makes a fair number of in season trips out of the city from what i gather. i remember him being down here in NOLA with Rob for a HS football game one year, but might have been a bye week. generally, he just seems to have a lot of little things. i wont pretend its the difference between 7-9 and 11-5 but it makes it easy to be annoyed sometimes.

The record is all that matters. Oh wait! They are 4-4 and there is a good chance they dont make the playoffs for the 17th year in a row. Or is it 18? I forget. The past two decades have been such a blurr in Billsville. Good news though. John Murphy says the season isnt over. Same as he said last year, and the year before, and so on and so on.

You have to love JM and that sloth dressed up as a human Chris Brown, they do their best to polish the turd that is this team and make it look presentable. I love the press scrums when players are getting ripped apart and you hear CB come in with a quality question like "that 4 week suspension really gave you some time off to let your body heal. Would you say it was actually a blessing in disguise?"

Rex usually starts his day at the Timmy on Big Tree and I don't think he is there before 6:45am. So he gets on a plane at 5:30 pm see the game flys back right after, no big deal. They play on Mondsy Not Sunday no prep day lost

All good. He can take a quick break to get away and clear his head, then get back to trying to save the season - and his job.

I'm not a big Rex fan, but good for him if he's got the means to make that trip happen. Off day, right? Doesn't hurt the Bills in any way I see. Some people just hate folks with $$$$ who can do nice things. Good for him. I wish I had been there, and I'm not even a baseball fan.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak

LOL

OMG WREX FAIL!

Dumbasses were probably trying to get home 'cause they had to work the next day - just call in sick bros, what's the worst that can happen!?

For real though, how could you leave in that situation?? I've sat at Bills games, in freezing December, down by 30, just because. :beer:

You used to but I don't hear it that much anymore. I'm sure BB still does this but I wonder if it is still the norm. When you look at Tony Dungy, Andy Reid, and Joe Philbin who all had kids with issues and who have all stated they wished they were around more, I'm not mad that Rex took some time to go support his son.

Either way there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. My favorite part about Rex is the fun that he seems to have with this game. He went to see his kid play football and I don't think anyone can question Rex's love of the game or dedication to it.

He's not paid to be a fan though. But again they knew what they were buying. We saw it almost firsthand with the Jets. Reports were out. He is disorganized, lazy, sloppy and rode daddy's rep and Marvin Lewis's defense to a HC job. Add a media darling personality and tip top teeth whitening and there you have it.

I've got sources (they're legitimate ... believe me) telling me that Rex watched Colbert last night ... and MIGHT watch him every night.

If he's going to be up late at night, don't you think the least he could be doing would be to prepare for the next game?

I cannot WAIT for him to be gone.

Unacceptable. If he's up that late he should be watching NFL network or espn.