Gilmore needs to go

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be fine with resigning Gimore to a reasonable contract. But there is usually always some team dumb enough to pay crazy money to a FA that hasn't shown he's worth it.

He will get $12M plus (easily) and closer to an average of $15M a year. He hasn't played to that level IMO. There are some people here that I really respect though that feel differently. Gilmore is good to very good but not great (awful yesterday).

I've always thought he was pretty decent...not great, but good. He's always played overly physical in coverage, and I think he's always gotten away with a lot of pass interference. He can't catch. But he seems to be regressing this year. It looks like his coverage has been below average, leaving guys wide open, and he hasn't made any game-changing plays (interceptions) like a #1 CB needs to make to be a difference maker (and $$$money maker). Someone is going to (over)pay him next year, but it won't be the Bills, and I'm okay with that.

I don't know what his deal is but there is no way he should get paid CB #1 money by the Bills.

Which is probably fine with him. Ditto Sammy Watkins when his day comes. Some players do not want too play for a perennial mediocre franchise. It's all about themselves. The Hogan TD was the one for me that shows he doesn't want to be here.It was a very poor effort. Is it the Ryan bros? And or staff? The FO? For sure it is something. And Ralph is no longer the person that fans, etc. can blame.

Injury's aside for the team. It is obvious this team is missing way more then a couple of players to become a team to be reckoned with. A team that can contend for years. Myself going 10-6 and in all likelyhood get thrashed in a wild card game. Is not what long time fans are expecting. Screw "continuity"'if 8-8 or 9-7 are acceptable too any portion of this long suffering fanbase and ownership. Something is wrong. the usual suspects that defend everything thrown at them by a FO that borderlines incompetence even in the Pegula era. But as someone forgot posting last night to my knowledge. It's only 8 games EIGHT GAMES. IMO this season is flushed, like the next one will be be. Too many holes need filling. Besides the QB.

Anyone else unhappy with the defenses performance yesterday? So much for the Ryan genius and the Whaley God like status he gets here. This team blows. And at times both in personnel and coaching borderlines incompetence. Rex even got a penalty yesterday. Does he know the rules? Apparently not. I will give Whaley this he is excellent at dumpster diving. However that is no way to build a contender. His drafting, failure to get a QB and other skill players (ie receivers) through the draft. Overpayng for Watkins IMO puts this team right where they are.

. I love Sammy too bad he is gone after his rookie contract ends. And why the eff is Reggie Bush a Bill? Clay? LOL! Talk about a bad contract. The Raiders will succeed years ahead of this team and they owned the cellar just a few seasons ago.

You can see the Brady decline though 3 years ago he would have layed 50 on us instead of a paltry 41.

I can't believe he thinks he is that good. He says look at the film and that the film doesn't lie. I know this, my eyes don't lie. He has average cover ability and he is the least physical player on the entire defense. He gets pushed around and avoids tackles every week. He won't be a Bill next season. I highly doubt it.

You got that right !! If they pay him the kind of money that he thinks he's worth that would be nuts !!

That first long throw & catch for a TD that Brady hit on his side & after Hogan made the catch he stops & looks for someone to blame for not helping out i was like you got to be s**ting me .

Hogan made it known who should have been kept & who should have been let go yesterday !!

I just hope Whaley is seeing what we are seeing & doesn't wind up pay Gilmore or Taylor because neither of them are shut down or franchise players !!

@CharlesRobinson

Want to be fair, but I don't understand why #Bills Gilmore got burned and stopped on the 3 to yell at teammates before the play was over.

CwCJeh6UIAIL4Cc.jpg

How does Rex justify not benching his lazy a## after this play. Most HC's would have sat him. And he was terrible the rest of the game. Next time he gets burned, or does anything like this, he can ride the bench. I'd rather see Seymour play than watch Gillmore getting burned, quitting on a play, and acting like a total a##. Trade him or bench him. Whaley's former team the Steelers could use another CB. Perhaps see what they offer.

Edited by RyanC883

Gillmore's bitchassness is at an all time high. I'm done with his prima donna bull crap. He's totally checked out, it's clear that he doesn't want to play in Buffalo anymore. It's almost as if he's purposely playing his way out.

I agree. To which I would bench and/or trade him.

Honestly i think that was man... he committed off the block. And lost. He was supposed to be man. Ans AT WORST he should have been hauling it to the goal line in persuit! You dont pull up at the 10 and start looking for someone to blame.

Hogan was clearly Gilmore's man. OK, I get it. He was supposed to get deep safety "help" from Meeks. So both propositions are correct: (1) Hogan beat Gilmore deep, and it wasn't even close; (2) it might not have mattered if Meeks was where he was supposed to be.

But really ... If Gilmore can't cover the Pats 5th best receiver (Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and now Bennett) one on one, why on earth would anyone consider paying him "shutdown corner" money? I guess I'm glad he was exposed before they inked him to a big deal.

Hogan was clearly Gilmore's man. OK, I get it. He was supposed to get deep safety "help" from Meeks. So both propositions are correct: (1) Hogan beat Gilmore deep, and it wasn't even close; (2) it might not have mattered if Meeks was where he was supposed to be.

But really ... If Gilmore can't cover the Pats 5th best receiver (Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and now Bennett) one on one, why on earth would anyone consider paying him "shutdown corner" money? I guess I'm glad he was exposed before they inked him to a big deal.

Meeks shaded to the middle - which is what Brady saw to make him throw there. If Meeks doesn't shade to the middle, someone else was probably open anyway.