Gilmore needs to go

As I have said from day 1, Gilmore was a dumb draft selection. Teams play with 4 or 5 wide on a routine basis. Why would any team want to give a not so great corner a huge contract?

Don't get me wrong, Gilmore is good, but I heard the same thing about Whitner. These guys do not often win games for an NFL team. Quarterbacks, pass rushers, blockers and wide receivers matter far more than defensive backs.

I hope that he walks and we get the comp. pick, or that he is traded. He would need to be replaced, but hopefully not in the first round.

After all of these years, it's time to put the brakes on the first round defensive back merry go round.

Records do speak for themselves.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said from day 1, Gilmore was a dumb draft selection. Teams play with 4 or 5 wide on a routine basis. Why would any team want to give a not so great corner a huge contract?

Don't get me wrong, Gilmore is good, but I heard the same thing about Whitner. These guys do not often win games for an NFL team. Quarterbacks, pass rushers, blockers and wide receivers matter far more than defensive backs.

I hope that he walks and we get the comp. pick, or that he is traded. He would need to be replaced, but hopefully not in the first round.

After all of these years, it's time to put the brakes on the first round defensive back merry go round.

Records do speak for themselves.

I'm not sure I can fault them for the pick Bill. Gilmore has the tools to be great, and has shown flashes of greatness. He is just a little B word. He lacks the compete. I can't put that on the organization.

Do you think maybe he was pointing fingers because the backup safety blew the coverage? Or did you make up your mind already?

If the starting CB is yelling at the safety right on the field, and then the starting safety (Williams) gives the backup the "point at the eyes" gesture when he comes to the sideline? Yeah, I'd say Meeks blew it.

I have no doubt that Meeks blew it. I also have no doubt that Gilmore turn and gave up on the play when he could have still tackled Hogan. I have always been a Gilmore supporter but his play has slipped this year tremendously. It could be him playing softer to avoid injury for his upcoming payday as some have mentioned or something else. All I know is his play is not worth top money. IMO

Bandit, I agree all the greats get beat sometime. I want to flip it back on you, give your top 5 elite corners. Then see if any have had two terrible games out of 8.

As much as I'd like to research the heck out of this, I'm a bit short on time this week, so here's my abbreviated answer...

I think most of us would agree that Josh Norman is a top-5 NFL CB. He's the highest-paid, was ranked #1 by PFF (take or leave that), and is widely lauded as being top-tier.

He had a phenomenal first 2 weeks, then gave up 5 receptions for 88 yards to Beckham in week 3, followed by 4 receptions for 48 yards and a TD to Terrelle Pryor in the first half of week 4.

He had some other struggles since then, giving up a few big completions to Jordan Matthews and a few others, but none bigger than the Marvin Jones 52-yard catch that set up Detroit's victory versus Washington in Week 7 (a play in which Norman was beat badly enough that he had to interfere with Jones, but still couldn't stop the big play from happening).

Point is, good players get beat, and it happens quite regularly. Even to the best. The comment to which I replied was that truly great corners do not ever get beat, and that's complete hogwash.

Darby has regressed this year and is still worse than Gilmore (maybe Donnie Henderson wasnt so bad Rex)

But i am getting there that i cant be hypocritical. So if Tyrod needs to go (he does). So doesnt Gilmore

Edited by MAJBobby

This is a big reason I don't much care for Rex Ryan. He might be a players coach and the players love him. But the players don't look to play their hearts out for him like they did for Jauron. Great coaches don't let this type of stuff happen.

Yea Rex should climb into his brain and make him do stuff.

Yes, lets keep Gilmore and pay him 17 million per year.

He cant play with heart and passion on his contract year, imagine after receiving the big bucks.

Starts with the top:

1- Fire Rex Ryan

2 - Get a Quarterback

The rest falls into place.

And when the defense regresses without him we can switch out hate to Darby

Seeing he is worse than Gilmore

It's his 2nd year and I haven't heard him placing blame on his teammates and finger pointing while the ball is still live. Gilmore brought whatever BS he is getting on himself. He is cocky on the outside but soft on the inside.

The only one that gets more toast than Blokes and Gunner is Gilmore.

It's his 2nd year and I haven't heard him placing blame on his teammates and finger pointing while the ball is still live. Gilmore brought whatever BS he is getting on himself. He is cocky on the outside but soft on the inside.

Ok be worse on the field but keep your mouth Shut and Bills fans love you

I literally don't know how I can make it clearer. Darby has been burned more than Gilmore.