Gilmore needs to go

He is Mario'n himself. Good players don't need to stand around blaming others and making off the cuff remarks about scheme and coaching. No matter who screwed up that play...a good player would have rebounded and made a play later in the game. Gilmore was toast all day.

The story could've been about the secondary busts as a whole. There were more than just one, yet Gilmore the focal point. The post-catch antics don't help but he wasn't the only guy that !@#$ed up on Sunday.

Same way that last year, it was clear there were several defensive issues. Only thing that got talked up by those around the team was Mario. Scapegoat season has begun.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ignore Darby getting roasted by Edelman the play earlier (bailed out by penalty)

All gilmore

NOPE. Loved him at Clemson but the kid who was "mature beyond his years" has been nothing but a headache outside of 6-8 games at the end of last season.

Ok i get it i see where you are coming from now. Players that open their mouth are not good. They have to keep their mouth shut and be good Soldiers. At least i know where you are coming from

Edited by MAJBobby

The story could've been about the secondary busts as a whole. There were more than just one, yet Gilmore the focal point. The post-catch antics don't help but he wasn't the only guy that !@#$ed up on Sunday.

Same way that last year, it was clear there were several defensive issues. Only thing that got talked up by those around the team was Mario. Scapegoat season has begun.

I just think this is way off base. Why do you feel it's scapegoat season? They have Blanton/Meeks out there...they are horrid. Everyone expected them to get torched, they did. No one expected Gilmore to throw a hissy fit on the field and get abused by Chris Hogan.

We ignore Darby getting roasted by Edelman the play earlier (bailed out by penalty)

All gilmore

Ok i get it i see where you are coming from now. Players thay ipen their mouth are not good. They have to keep their mouth shut and be good Soldiers. At least i know where you are coming from

If your not leading the troops you should be towing the line and following your leaders. Plenty of outspoken players have pulled it off and won while doing it. Sherman, Ray Ray, Shannon Sharpe etc.

I just think this is way off base. Why do you feel it's scapegoat season? They have Blanton/Meeks out there...they are horrid. Everyone expected them to get torched, they did. No one expected Gilmore to throw a hissy fit on the field and get abused by Chris Hogan.

If your not leading the troops you should be towing the line and following your leaders. Plenty of outspoken players have pulled it off and won while doing it. Sherman, Ray Ray, Shannon Sharpe etc.

The entire secondary got torched because of a failure to communicate. As I've mentioned before, I think missing Aaron is a major part of that. With Aaron being such a major risk to miss playing time, why hasn't either Corey Graham or one of the designated backups that would replace him, been prepped to take command of the calls? That's a coaching issue, whether you like it or not.

The emphasis has been on Gilmore's coverage bust despite the fact that he wasn't even the guy most involved in coverage miscommunication.

In a contract year with so much riding on it for him, it's awful tape for him to have a dude like Hogan fly past him. I think, as selfish as it might be, he's got every right to flip out if there's an issue with getting the calls in. Granted, do it once he's crossed the goal line but I have no issue with him getting on the case of whoever is in charge of the calls in Aaron's place. The problem goes beyond Stephon Gilmore and I think we're getting fixated on one cog instead of the system as a whole.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Aww if ONLY Gilmore could get away with the Holding Sherman does. Then he could open his mouth

The entire secondary got torched because of a failure to communicate. As I've mentioned before, I think missing Aaron is a major part of that. With Aaron being such a major risk to miss playing time, why hasn't either Corey Graham or one of the designated backups that would replace him, been prepped to take command of the calls? That's a coaching issue, whether you like it or not.

The emphasis has been on Gilmore's coverage bust despite the fact that he wasn't even the guy most involved in coverage miscommunication.

In a contract year with so much riding on it for him, it's awful tape for him to have a dude like Hogan fly past him. I think, as selfish as it might be, he's got every right to flip out if there's an issue with getting the calls in. Granted, do it once he's crossed the goal line but I have no issue with him getting on the case of whoever is in charge of the calls in Aaron's place. The problem goes beyond Stephon Gilmore and I think we're getting fixated on one cog instead of the system as a whole.

Soon as AW went down we all knew this would happen just like it did last year. The communication breaks down and it's more of a mess back there. SG knows his contract situation and it's obvious that's on his mind more than anything else. Who could blame him? Not me. I work for peanuts in comparison, as do most.

His approach is what bothers me, he is playing like his a junior in college about to get selected #1 overall. It's far from the case, he has made a good amount of coin and he is costing his team by playing it safe. In doing that he has made some laughable attempts at tackles and then this past week he got scorched ontop of it. Of course that upset him, why not rally your teammates on the sidelines and talk about making the next play? Instead of derailing his FA value he could have stepped it up with AW out. He is way to caught up in SG and not about the Buffalo Bills so I don't understand the confusion. He is better than what we have, but he is a Buffalo Bill that is playing for himself and not the team... Hard to be a fan of the guy. I'm a fan of the team. I want W's.

All gilmore

Ok i get it i see where you are coming from now. Players that open their mouth are not good. They have to keep their mouth shut and be good Soldiers. At least i know where you are coming from

Sounds like the Patriot way. Proven model of success!

Maybe if Gilmore milked an injury, retired, then came back for money, fans would like him more.

The Anti-Gilmore brigade has been around since he slighted the Bills (in their mind) at the Draft when he didn't jump for joy about being drafted by them

Sounds like the Patriot way. Proven model of success!

Yeah, really Hmmm Brady has the biggest mouth in the NFL. been cut yet?

The Anti-Gilmore brigade has been around since he slighted the Bills (in their mind) at the Draft when he didn't jump for joy about being drafted by them

Yeah, really Hmmm Brady has the biggest mouth in the NFL. been cut yet?

He didn't smile, he doesn't say a lot, & and has given up catches to NFL WRs. He sucks.

Soon as AW went down we all knew this would happen just like it did last year. The communication breaks down and it's more of a mess back there. SG knows his contract situation and it's obvious that's on his mind more than anything else. Who could blame him? Not me. I work for peanuts in comparison, as do most.

His approach is what bothers me, he is playing like his a junior in college about to get selected #1 overall. It's far from the case, he has made a good amount of coin and he is costing his team by playing it safe. In doing that he has made some laughable attempts at tackles and then this past week he got scorched ontop of it. Of course that upset him, why not rally your teammates on the sidelines and talk about making the next play? Instead of derailing his FA value he could have stepped it up with AW out. He is way to caught up in SG and not about the Buffalo Bills so I don't understand the confusion. He is better than what we have, but he is a Buffalo Bill that is playing for himself and not the team... Hard to be a fan of the guy. I'm a fan of the team. I want W's.

I'm not going to get on your case or anyone else's about the way he's conducting himself. I don't particularly like it either but I'm not in the business of getting mad because a sportsman shows crappy body language. You're talking to a Jay Cutler truther, for God sake. :D

I've said it before, I pay my corners to cover first and everything else after. If tackling was a priority for me on the boundary, I wouldn't draft 90% of the kids from the college ranks. The ability to effectively cover is hampered when everyone else is playing man but you're still stuck in a zone call. Hell, it seemed like it happened to Darby too on the Torrey Smith TD so it's not a new issue.

There's **** about Gilmore I don't like but you can't get on his case for giving up a score when it's on other people to get their job right first. That starts with Rex and with Dennis Thurman. If I'm getting mad, I go higher up the food chain for the big stuff.

Do you understand English?

Same thing happens between one player and another player. One is loved for it, other is villified.

I am not talking about Taylor i am talking about actions making a comparison. Comprehend a little before you come into a conversation. It will cause you less embarrassment in life

I believe TT did wait until the play was over before upbraiding Iron Hands Powell, so there's that.