Gilmore needs to go

You xannot even relate actually. But the reality is it happens all over the league.

Fans care more about the "Sport" Competition etc etc than the players for them it is a means to the end, to build generational wealth (if they keep it or go broke is on them actually)

His 1st contract

4 years 12M.

Option (Essentially Franchise Tag for 1st rounders) 1 year 11M.

So coming into this year, nothing past here guaranteed, multiple years with INJ myself and AW career likely over....

Yep i (and most) would makr the "business decisions" and you really are hypocritical saying otherwise

I've had a great deal of experience dealing with people of all socio-economic walks of life for the past 30 years.

I've also known NFL players who hate the game and were just doing it for money and have posted my stories on that so if you think I am clueless to that fact that's just because you haven't been here long enough to know.

Some people take pride in their work.........others think work is something that is forced upon them.

Comes from upbringing most likely.......probably had a b*tchass influence at the dinner table...... but money also corrupts so it's possible that with $12M+ after taxes in the bank or in his garage/closet he is now fine with letting all of his teammates make the tackles at their possible expense.

That actually isn't normal.

AW wasn't injured by playing sound football by the way. He has a violent streak on the field and loved putting kill shots on opposing players and that's how he busted his neck. Gilmore just simply won't make a form tackle.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a great deal of experience dealing with people of all socio-economic walks of life for the past 30 years.

I've also known NFL players who hate the game and were just doing it for money and have posted my stories on that so if you think I am clueless to that fact that's just because you haven't been here long enough to know.

Some people take pride in their work.........others think work is something that is forced upon them.

Comes from upbringing most likely.......probably had a b*tchass influence at the dinner table...... but money also corrupts so it's possible that with $12M+ after taxes in the bank or in his garage/closet he is now fine with letting all of his teammates make the tackles at their possible expense.

That actually isn't normal.

AW wasn't injured by playing sound football by the way. He has a violent streak on the field and loved putting kill shots on opposing players and that's how he busted his neck. Gilmore just simply won't make a form tackle.

That all ever asked of him. Go make the damn tackle

No he doesn't, we can get him on the cheap then.

Does he mean he need to motivate him ?

That blitz was the first i have ever seen from Gilmore, that i can recall.

I think that was a "HEY THERE " from the Coach. "GET DIRTY"

Does he mean he need to motivate him ?

That blitz was the first i have ever seen from Gilmore, that i can recall.

I think that was a "HEY THERE " from the Coach. "GET DIRTY"

Could be. But it reminds me of the movie "little big league" when the pitcher didn't want to do what he was trying to coach. Isn't that basically what they did with Darby? Hang him out to dry and see if he would sink or swim.

Mac: You're a frickin' primadonna, McGreavy. You don't deserve to wear that uniform.

Mike McGrevey: You know, you're right, Mac. I'm a disgrace to the Twins. I think you should trade me.

Mac: As soon as we find someone dumb enough to take you, that's EXACTLY what we're gonna do.

Billy Heywood: No we're not. We're not trading you.

Mike McGrevey: So what are you going to do, bench me?

Billy Heywood: Nope, play you. When it's your turn to pitch, you pitch. Nothing changes.

Mike McGrevey: You know, I don't think that's such a good idea. I have a feeling my concentration's not going to be that good out there. I might tend to forget some of those scouting reports.

Billy Heywood: Well, that's up to you, you're the free agent. Hey Mac, what's the going rate for an absent-minded pitcher who can't get anybody out?

Edited by The Wiz

Could be. But it reminds me of the movie "little big league" when the pitcher didn't want to do what he was trying to coach. Isn't that basically what they did with Darby? Hang him out to dry and see if he would sink or swim.

Mac: You're a frickin' primadonna, McGreavy. You don't deserve to wear that uniform.

Mike McGrevey: You know, you're right, Mac. I'm a disgrace to the Twins. I think you should trade me.

Mac: As soon as we find someone dumb enough to take you, that's EXACTLY what we're gonna do.

Billy Heywood: No we're not. We're not trading you.

Mike McGrevey: So what are you going to do, bench me?

Billy Heywood: Nope, play you. When it's your turn to pitch, you pitch. Nothing changes.

Mike McGrevey: You know, I don't think that's such a good idea. I have a feeling my concentration's not going to be that good out there. I might tend to forget some of those scouting reports.

Billy Heywood: Well, that's up to you, you're the free agent. Hey Mac, what's the going rate for an absent-minded pitcher who can't get anybody out?

Nice reference The !

The entire secondary got torched because of a failure to communicate. As I've mentioned before, I think missing Aaron is a major part of that. With Aaron being such a major risk to miss playing time, why hasn't either Corey Graham or one of the designated backups that would replace him, been prepped to take command of the calls? That's a coaching issue, whether you like it or not.

The emphasis has been on Gilmore's coverage bust despite the fact that he wasn't even the guy most involved in coverage miscommunication.

In a contract year with so much riding on it for him, it's awful tape for him to have a dude like Hogan fly past him. I think, as selfish as it might be, he's got every right to flip out if there's an issue with getting the calls in. Granted, do it once he's crossed the goal line but I have no issue with him getting on the case of whoever is in charge of the calls in Aaron's place. The problem goes beyond Stephon Gilmore and I think we're getting fixated on one cog instead of the system as a whole.

agree 10000000%

agree 10000000%

That is alot of percent.

Graham has his calls to make and Aaron had his.

Corey Graham is more exp and smarter then AW is by leaps.

Do you guys really think he cannot make the calls?

He can of course. but is the call being relayed properly from player to player in the secondary?

Especailly when the LBs make a change last moment.

Get the youngsters into the book learning and hard.

That is Coaching and Rex admitted as much.

In a way he called out his coordinators and position Coaches. He trusted the guys like Meeks and Duke, Seymour could handle the upgraded role when called upon. and he should have called them out in that one sentence. Well done. He knows what's wrong

Lets see what this week brings.

That is alot of percent.

Graham has his calls to make and Aaron had his.

Corey Graham is more exp and smarter then AW is by leaps.

Do you guys really think he cannot make the calls?

He can of course. but is the call being relayed properly from player to player in the secondary?

Especailly when the LBs make a change last moment.

Get the youngsters into the book learning and hard.

That is Coaching and Rex admitted as much.

In a way he called out his coordinators and position Coaches. He trusted the guys like Meeks and Duke, Seymour could handle the upgraded role when called upon. and he should have called them out in that one sentence. Well done. He knows what's wrong

Lets see what this week brings.

I suppose he's more experienced, but smarter?

Buffalo boy or not, Graham has been pretty bad for the past year or so.

Bottom line, our safeties kinda suck.

I suppose he's more experienced, but smarter?

Buffalo boy or not, Graham has been pretty bad for the past year or so.

Bottom line, our safeties kinda suck.

I disagree about Graham.

He is a Vet winding down, and had to make too many tackles last couple years because of poor LB's. Last year was just hot garbage all around. He lead the team in tackles and that was a shame.

The rest of our safeties are questionable, even though Whaley did make a concerted effort to bring in guys.

Before the season Rex said we might be playing 5 safeties as our base because we had so many who were good.

Before the season i would have thought so too.

be interesting to look back at the depth chart pre Pre season

Edited by 3rdand12

I disagree about Graham.

He is a Vet winding down, and had to make too many tackles last couple years because of poor LB's. Last year was just hot garbage all around. He lead the team in tackles and that was a shame.

The rest of our safeties are questionable, even though Whaley did make a concerted effort to bring in guys.

Before the season Rex said we might be playing 5 safeties as our base because we had so many who were good.

Before the season i would have thought so too.

be interesting to look back at the depth chart pre Pre season

No argument there.

It was the safeties hahaha!

Idk to be honest. I do know he got burnt sometimes and sometimes he has made good plays in his career.

Stumbled across this article. Plays good and bad cop.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/7/17/12200156/stephon-gilmore-contract-buffalo-bills-cornerback-holdout-camp

I agree, go Darby for hanging just as good if not better than Gilmore since he joined the Bills. So don't overpay him is the ideal thing.

Edit: Not sure if anyone posted already, sorry if it was.

Edited by gr8billsfan